Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shouldn't get him, but he looked so great in the video. Still undecided.

Lmfao I'm in the same boat. Now I'm sitting here wondering whether I should PO Trapjaw even though he's not that big in my childhood. I could always sell him for more down the road. But if i Don't get him I'm getting Lobo (maybe?)

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

I just hate the fact that I'll have a wicked looking Red Skull PF but no Cap to display him with.

Looks great with Allied Charge Cap

300200-red-skull-011.jpg

@filip

I think SS did a great job with the new CA PF. I know you want a fully sculpted Cap but RS is mixed-media so they'll match up together

If not there's always the fully sculpted XM offerings :naughty

@filip

I think SS did a great job with the new CA PF. I know you want a fully sculpted Cap but RS is mixed-media so they'll match up together

I wonder if the SS cap has a removable portrait.,... Could commission a classic cap head and really have some nice options! I know XMs portrait detaches so maybe someone will do an ultimate variant? Oh the possibilities

@filip

The new SSC Cap PF looks great. I just want a classic Cap costume instead of a WW2/Allied one. I have zero problems mixing mixed media pieces with fully sculpted pieces. Also, while I would prefer a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Cap, I would still purchase a mixed media PF if the cloth looks good. SSC has come a long way in the mixed media department. The choice of cloth on the Batman and Superman PF is fantastic. If the same type of cloth is used on a new classic Cap PF, I would be all over it. That said, I'd still love to see SSC do a 1/4 fully sculpted Cap.

As far as the XM Cap is concerned, I think the piece looks really good. However, there are a few things about the piece that stopped me from pulling the trigger. The face portrait really isn't to my liking. Also, the pouches on his belt really bug me. I know Cap has them in comics but I just like the classic plain black belt. I HATE pouches. It reminds me too much of Liefeld's art era. The only way I buy an XM statue is if I'm totally floored by it and think it looks perfect. I have to have that feeling that I MUST have it in my collection. That's the only way I would spend the kind of $$$ it costs to purchase an XM piece. I still think it's foolish of SSC to continue a 1/5 COM line that customers really don't want. Their Reps even admitted as much when they changed the PF definition to include fully sculpted 1/4 pieces. I personally think that was a bad business move. Now we just get a trickle of fully sculpted 1/4 pieces when mixed media can't be used. Why not just flush 1/5 scale down the toilet since peeps aren't purchasing them? Take the COM line and make it a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line and leave PFs as mixed media pieces only. SSC will still be able to rule the mixed media market but will also increase sales of their Coms since they will be in 1/4 scale. Also, SSC would be able to compete directly with XM Studios and take a big bite out of their market. In a nutshell...collectors have sent a clear message to SSC that they do not want 1/5 scale pieces. Just look at all of the recent DC releases. We have about 8 PFs that have been sneaked or released. If COMs were successful, we'd have seen at least 1 DC COM released by now. It makes no sense for SSC to continue with 1/5 scale pieces. Collectors have rejected them for the most part and SSC is losing revenue on lost sales and now new competition from XM.

Sorry for the long posts on the subject. However, on the off chance that SSC Reps are reading any of this, surely they must see that a 1/4 fully sculpted COM line would be to everyone's mutual benefit. SSC would increase their sales and profits while collectors that passed on previous COMs because of the 1/5 factor would disappear. Not to mention there are a lot of collectors that prefer fully sculpted pieces in their collection. The amount of money North American and European collectors are spending on XM merch should prove there is a big market for 1/4 fully sculpted pieces. How can SSC not see that?

@Filip

Great post man. I agree with a lot of your ideas. SS could really do some damage with a dedicated 1/4 scale fully sculpted line. I don't even think you would have to do away with 1/5. There's still a market for it. Just a smaller one. Look at Campbell's spidey line. They are selling like hot cakes. Although I will admit if the line would have been 1/4 scale I don't think there would be anything left. Pretty sure all the releases would be sold out or close too by now

@Filip

Great post man. I agree with a lot of your ideas. SS could really do some damage with a dedicated 1/4 scale fully sculpted line. I don't even think you would have to do away with 1/5. There's still a market for it. Just a smaller one. Look at Campbell's spidey line. They are selling like hot cakes. Although I will admit if the line would have been 1/4 scale I don't think there would be anything left. Pretty sure all the releases would be sold out or close too by now

Yeah, that's my point James. If the Campbell line was in 1/4 scale SSC could have probably sold more pieces. If you go into any of those threads you'll see quite a few "looks good but too small for me" comments. Those are lost sales. I have yet to really see anyone say "I'm passing because it's in 1/4 scale and not 1/5". Also, Spidey is an 'A' list character. SSC will sell 1/5 scale COMs of Thor, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, and Spidey related statues. However, there's no doubt in my mind that SSC will sell many MORE if those same statues are in 1/4 scale. It's past time for a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line. The market clearly supports it if peeps in North America and Europe are willing to spend $700-$800 on a fully sculpted XM Cap. Think those same peeps and many others wouldn't spend $400 on a kick ass fully sculpted 1/4 Cap from SSC?

Yeah, that's my point James. If the Campbell line was in 1/4 scale SSC could have probably sold more pieces. If you go into any of those threads you'll see quite a few "looks good but too small for me" comments. Those are lost sales. I have yet to really see anyone say "I'm passing because it's in 1/4 scale and not 1/5". Also, Spidey is an 'A' list character. SSC will sell 1/5 scale COMs of Thor, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, and Spidey related statues. However, there's no doubt in my mind that SSC will sell many MORE if those same statues are in 1/4 scale. It's past time for a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line. The market clearly supports it if peeps in North America and Europe are willing to spend $700-$800 on a fully sculpted XM Cap. Think those same peeps and many others wouldn't spend $400 on a kick ass fully sculpted 1/4 Cap from SSC?

Yeah I ended up cancelling Gwen last week. I loved the MJ sculpt but she was just too tiny for my display. Not taking away from her as the statue is beautiful but still felt out of place in my collection. Now Spidey on the other hand. He is going to be displayed with the new Hulk PF. Geno had some great scale pics up in the Spidey thread and I love the idea of having those two together! All in all Filip I agree with you 100% that we need a fully sculpted line in the works. XM is taking a lot of my money for their upcoming releases and everything they are doing is fully sculpted. They are absolute proof as you have mentioned that there is a market for it. Now SS just needs to take a page out of their book on the QC control, switch out options, and customer interaction and wed have some crazy competition going on indeed

I personally am not a fan of a bunch of switch out options. Inevitably I always prefer one setting and the rest ends up piling up with bits from other statues. I would have prefered the XM Black Widow come with only the long hair option and less switch out arms. Also I could do without the elaborate street light base. All these switch outs add to the cost.

That said, the SSC cap has a switch out shield and 2 switch out right arms (3 with the EX).

I personally am not a fan of a bunch of switch out options. Inevitably I always prefer one setting and the rest ends up piling up with bits from other statues. I would have prefered the XM Black Widow come with only the long hair option and less switch out arms. Also I could do without the elaborate street light base. All these switch outs add to the cost.

That said, the SSC cap has a switch out shield and 2 switch out right arms (3 with the EX).

I feel you. Im sure many feel the same way. SS cap is a beauty and they have left nothing on the table with this new sculpt of him. If there were three switch out portraits though and two different bases to choose from I would gladly pay SS an extra $125 to have those options. That's just me. What I can stand is the worthless ex options like BWs butter knife. Jeans ugly twin portrait. You get what I mean. What's the point of calling something exclusive if the exclusive part is the less desired? Red skull is a great ex IMO. Kirby head for the win. Same with the new Green hulk PF. But grey hulk gets an orange ripped shirt? Its cool but come on now.... they couldn't come up with something better then that? Thors sword? Huh? Just a waste of material if no one actually uses it

I feel you. Im sure many feel the same way. SS cap is a beauty and they have left nothing on the table with this new sculpt of him. If there were three switch out portraits though and two different bases to choose from I would gladly pay SS an extra $125 to have those options. That's just me. What I can stand is the worthless ex options like BWs butter knife. Jeans ugly twin portrait. You get what I mean. What's the point of calling something exclusive if the exclusive part is the less desired? Red skull is a great ex IMO. Kirby head for the win. Same with the new Green hulk PF. But grey hulk gets an orange ripped shirt? Its cool but come on now.... they couldn't come up with something better then that? Thors sword? Huh? Just a waste of material if no one actually uses it

The winner is the Vision alt portrait. Hahaha.

Yeah I ended up cancelling Gwen last week. I loved the MJ sculpt but she was just too tiny for my display. Not taking away from her as the statue is beautiful but still felt out of place in my collection. Now Spidey on the other hand. He is going to be displayed with the new Hulk PF. Geno had some great scale pics up in the Spidey thread and I love the idea of having those two together! All in all Filip I agree with you 100% that we need a fully sculpted line in the works. XM is taking a lot of my money for their upcoming releases and everything they are doing is fully sculpted. They are absolute proof as you have mentioned that there is a market for it. Now SS just needs to take a page out of their book on the QC control, switch out options, and customer interaction and wed have some crazy competition going on indeed

I've actually decided to drop Gwen & Spidey. It was a hard decision but because my whole collection is 1/4 there going to look odd & then there's XM. They kinda came out of nowhere so with my orders with them & SS something had to give. If they were 1/4 though I would of kept them

I've actually decided to drop Gwen & Spidey. It was a hard decision but because my whole collection is 1/4 there going to look odd & then there's XM. They kinda came out of nowhere so with my orders with them & SS something had to give. If they were 1/4 though I would of kept them

Yeah that was my reasoning as well. I already have MJ but I plan on selling her (at a loss!)
I think were both in the same mind of thinking. Just can't collect them all. In order to make space and save money for new orders the 1/5 stuff sadly didn't make the cut. I'll have to make some additional cuts as well. With so many great items popping up regularly there has to be a line. I just don't know what else is going to go at this point quite yet. We shall see

Yeah that was my reasoning as well. I already have MJ but I plan on selling her (at a loss!)
I think were both in the same mind of thinking. Just can't collect them all. In order to make space and save money for new orders the 1/5 stuff sadly didn't make the cut. I'll have to make some additional cuts as well. With so many great items popping up regularly there has to be a line. I just don't know what else is going to go at this point quite yet. We shall see

Yeah it's not nice but some things had to go.

Spidey, MJ, Posion Ivy, P1 Bio & the hardest one the Comic Hellboy will all be dropped unfortunately but replaced by the XM Magneto & Wolverine :rock

Spidey, MJ, Posion Ivy, P1 Bio & the hardest one the Comic Hellboy will all be dropped unfortunately but replaced by the XM Magneto & Wolverine :rock

Steve you know my opinion on these awesome times :)

That's some great sacrifice right there. All good orders to have to part with but thinking of Magneto and Wolverine in their place.... Well let's just say I'd still sleep easily!

Steve you know my opinion on these awesome times :)

Ant your getting wolverine too right? I already know the answer

That's some great sacrifice right there. All good orders to have to part with but thinking of Magneto and Wolverine in their place.... Well let's just say I'd still sleep easily!

:sleep :sleep :sleep ;)

Ant your getting wolverine too right? I already know the answer

Ha we all know answer to that :lol

Back