Premium Format Red Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get this thread at all. Why is height the only measurement of size? In that pose if it was 25-30" it would be waaayy out of scale. What about width and depth? The volume of this statue will be plenty Hulk like.

Oh and 20" & 18lbs? Perfect I won't have to worry about finding a shelf that will fit him and the other Avengers without bowing under all the weight.

^exactly! I love that it's 20 inches high and light weight. As a new collectors who's 1st piece was Skaar, I would much rather prey her shorter, wide, lighter, with a cool "threatening pose".

I love my Skaar pf, but the way the sword extends the statue another 7-8 inches, makes it hard to store for me. I think it'd be just as cool of Skaar's left arm was straight out in front of him stabbing into the ground as if he just slayed some fools and is resting but saying with his face, "bring on some more!"

I just don't get this thread at all. Why is height the only measurement of size? In that pose if it was 25-30" it would be waaayy out of scale. What about width and depth? The volume of this statue will be plenty Hulk like.

Oh and 20" & 18lbs? Perfect I won't have to worry about finding a shelf that will fit him and the other Avengers without bowing under all the weight.

My good Sir......common sense is not allowed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was part of the crowd crying when Sideshow halved the weight of the Maquette.
Now it's proudly on display do I care?...NOPE!

Easy to move, cheaper to ship and don't have to worry about shelf strain.

The height and even weight issues are subjective.
I want my hulk towering over batman but I can get people who don't care about it.

What I don't get is people willing to pay 150$ more and get nothing in return for that increase.

I think you've just answered your own dilemma.

It was not really a dilemma I am just voicing my disappointment that this did not come out the way I wanted to spend the money. I was really wanting to want this. For me $550 at this size is not good enough but I would pay this much for the same statue at a scale larger than 1/4. Wouldn't have to be 1/3 just something to be more impressive to than most other figures I have. My last one was PCS's Shao Kahn and this Hulk will not be of a much larger volume than that one.

As I said the weight is just more of a non-rational perception of value. Lighter statues have many advantages but sometimes there is just that nagging feeling that something heavy is worth more. Liking a statue in general are all about pereceptions anyways.

The sculpt is so spot on and it will definitely be an attention grabber. I just can't see me enjoying it for the price and size.

It was not really a dilemma I am just voicing my disappointment that this did not come out the way I wanted to spend the money. I was really wanting to want this. For me $550 at this size is not good enough but I would pay this much for the same statue at a scale larger than 1/4. Wouldn't have to be 1/3 just something to be more impressive to than most other figures I have. My last one was PCS's Shao Kahn and this Hulk will not be of a much larger volume than that one.

These Hulks will make your Shao Kahn look like Shao Shrimp.

My good Sir......common sense is not allowed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common sense dictates that people are trying to find value in an inflated price item by looking anywhere to find it. This would include the dimensions of said item. It's $150 more than comparable sized items so people are trying to figure out why, other than the obvious...cash grab.

For those saying there's nothing else like it so you'll just buy it, even if it's over-priced, you're doing exactly what they expect you to do. I won't buy off of principle alone. I don't care if it's the best thing ever, I'm not rewarding a company for taking me to the cleaners, just because they can, and because there are no other choices. I can simply do without said item with no problem. If anything it just turns me off to collecting and I'll move on to something else.

Who said this wasn't a rich mans hobby?
It's a luxury item if it's not worth the money to you don't buy.
This will be my last year collecting. With what I have and what's on preorder I'm pretty happy.
The price of these is no longer worth it to me so I won't buy.
Moaning on here will not drop the price a penny.

I also want a Ferrari and a Bently but can't afford them either.

I'm not lobbying for a price drop. I'm not rich, but I can afford all of these things. My point was I simply won't over-pay for them. I agree with most of what you said. I will never unstand how a company starts pricing people out of buying their products. If anything, as most companies grow they are usually able to offer better pricing, not so much here, obviously.

:duff It's not a question of being able to afford, I'm sure we can all stash cash for what we love, it's wether it's worth it.
When I feel it's no longer worth what they are asking I stop.
Think the $1,200 Pred was the last straw for me, even though i ordered the two Alien LSB after that :slap

I was part of the crowd crying when Sideshow halved the weight of the Maquette.
Now it's proudly on display do I care?...NOPE!

Easy to move, cheaper to ship and don't have to worry about shelf strain.

:goodpost: also if you really do want it to be heavy then you can always fill it with cement. Problem solved :lol

:duff It's not a question of being able to afford, I'm sure we can all stash cash for what we love, it's wether it's worth it.
When I feel it's no longer worth what they are asking I stop.
Think the $1,200 Pred was the last straw for me, even though i ordered the two Alien LSB after that :slap

I thought you ordered the Pred MQ Colin? The 2 Alien LSB look awesome congrats on getting them 2 :)

I did then cancelled.
I'm still getting it just making sure it doesn't have a P2 LSB paintjob before I commit.
Now that's an overpriced statue :slap My final expensive piece...probably :lol

I will never understand people championing lightweight/smaller footprint statues...if that's so important, don't collect 1/4 scale. Goes back to the plastic Boba Fett doll that set off nerd rage for what would be a bargain today. At these prices for high ES reproduction pieces, there is an expectation of tangible quality. Not the sinking feeling you bought a piggy bank.

All I know is they made the Gladiator Hulk look like the deal of the century!

I am more perplexed than anything...

But G Hulk is a 1mm thick cast :monkey3

No doubt. Probably stuffed with feathers and Chinese newspaper pulp too. But you get a lot more pulp/feathers and intricate detail for only slightly more.

I am also oddly perplexed that this pose/sculpt probably makes Rulk look the best of the three.

No doubt. Probably stuffed with feathers and Chinese newspaper pulp too. But you get a lot more pulp/feathers and intricate detail for only slightly more.

I am also oddly perplexed that this pose/sculpt probably makes Rulk look the best of the three.

So once again, the argument goes back to only preference of look... I prefer the Green Hulk pf to the G. Hulk. There is no rational cost argument for any of these statues. If you like how they look, buy em. If you don't , don't.

Like the Joker's PF base stuffed with Arnold's head.:slap

photo79_zps35933769.jpg

What's with the release date on this? September? That's way soon. Everything else takes nearly a year. Wonder Woman scheduled in Dec. Cap and Skull it seems like went up forever ago and both may come in Sept if lucky.

Back