Red Dead Redemption

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still can't find the first damn treasure! someone help me out, please!

Do you have to do something in order, like with those I. and II. numerals, or go straight to the rocks? I swear I've looked in every grouping of rocks near Hanging Rock.

Is there a chance I found it accidently and don't remember finding it? Does the map change to the next treasure when you find it?
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Yeah, I had trouble with that one too. The map makes it look like the treasure is buried away from Hanging Rock, but it's actually underneath it.

Yeah, I had trouble with that one too. The map makes it look like the treasure is buried away from Hanging Rock, but it's actually underneath it.

I'm having the same problem at the Hanging Rock trying to find the treasure. I bought the treasure map, and have it with me. You say it's "underneath" it Mr. Mojo? How do I get underneath the rocks to get the treasure? I haven't seen any shovels for sale in this game yet. Please let me know! I want that treasure. Thanks!

Finally got a response from Rockstar about Mo Van Barr. . . .

We're currently looking into an issue where some players aren't seeing Mo Van Barr appear for the 3rd scrap of the Deadly Assassin's Outfit. We're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I just got the "Dastardly" trophy for hog-tying a woman and playing her on the train tracks before watching her get run over. :rock

that sounds fun! I'll have to give that a shot today after work...with my bandana on of course.

I'm having the same problem at the Hanging Rock trying to find the treasure. I bought the treasure map, and have it with me. You say it's "underneath" it Mr. Mojo? How do I get underneath the rocks to get the treasure? I haven't seen any shovels for sale in this game yet. Please let me know! I want that treasure. Thanks!

I just used the word underneath because it's so close. Take the road to Hanging Rock. Get off your horse and walk up to the formation. Start walking counter clockwise around the base. About a quarter of the way around you should see a tiny "path" in the rocks. Walk in a little way and you'll be prompted to do a search. That'll be the treasure. If I remember right, it's a the side right next to the tall stone formation that's part of Hanging Rock directly opposite of the hangmans noose. Sorry for any confusion. I assume the map was made by a not very artistically inclined desperado since the map makes it look like the treasure is pretty far from Hanging Rock. It's not.:gah:

I just used the word underneath because it's so close. Take the road to Hanging Rock. Get off your horse and walk up to the formation. Start walking counter clockwise around the base. About a quarter of the way around you should see a tiny "path" in the rocks. Walk in a little way and you'll be prompted to do a search. That'll be the treasure. If I remember right, it's a the side right next to the tall stone formation that's part of Hanging Rock directly opposite of the hangmans noose. Sorry for any confusion. I assume the map was made by a not very artistically inclined desperado since the map makes it look like the treasure is pretty far from Hanging Rock. It's not.:gah:

Oh....okay. :) Yeah, the way they drew it on the map it makes it look like its in the middle of a smaller rock formation just southeast of the big rocks at Hanging Rock. :dunno It's good to know now that it is actually at the big rocks at Hanging Rock. :yess: I'll check it out today. Thanks again! :wave

lol glad i'm not the only fool looking for the treasure way off from the hanging rock. i was like in the little hills about 100 yards off. i was in the gully, i was everywhere...except where I needed to be. :lol

Hey I got the Limited Edition with all the extras but then why can't I use the Deadly Assassin Outfit? It is still locked like all the other outfits...

You still have to find the pieces for it. And the 3rd piece is glitched. . .Rockstar is working on it.

Don't really like the look of the Dead Eye Outfit and I don't use dead eye targeting that often so I never really needs its benefits and just leave it in the closet. I usually where the Duster outfit and toss on the gang outfit for wanted missions. Loving the game and got my first taste of MP today. Enjoyed that as well. My first kill was a R* guy and I got an achievement. The soundtrack is amazing. I'm a big Jose Gonzalez fan and it was a treat to hear that he recorded something for this. If you've downloaded the soundtrack it's "Far Away." Overall this game is everything I'd hoped it would be and more.

lol glad i'm not the only fool looking for the treasure way off from the hanging rock. i was like in the little hills about 100 yards off. i was in the gully, i was everywhere...except where I needed to be. :lol

I was doing the same thing! The way the map is drawn, it looks like the treasure is away from the big rocks. Finding out now it's in the middle of the big rocks is a relief. Hanging Rock is the first place I'm headed to tonight after loading my saved game! :)

I like the auto targeting with the L bumper on the Xbox 360 controller. I've had many times where I'm returning to claim a bounty and I get rushed by bandits! It's great to have the auto-target to take them out quickly. I like the "Dead Eye" and I want to find those pieces for the Assassin outfit sometime soon. Hopefully by the time I get to it, Rockstar will have that glitch fixed for the third piece of the outfit.

I just rode up to a town where they are drilling for oil. The name of the town? Plainview. :cool:

That's awesome! Did you pray with brother Eli?

1254130633_ive_abandoned_my_child.gif

Okay, I finally found the treasure chest at Hanging Rock! :clap You get one big bar of gold, and another treasure map. Thanks for the help! :)

American Appetite ending was weak.
How come it tells me I fail it when I see through the ruse and shoot the right guy?
No real resolution of bringing the real victim back to his wife.
Moron couldnt even speak up...:cuckoo:
Where'd she go?
Anyone else shoot a guy up in the same area that had a lady hogtied near his campfire and his site was littered with at least 3 skulls,bones and blood?

Great rain and rain sound effects.
Sounds like rain hitting the roof when indoors and changes when you go outdoors.
Puddles quickly show up.

Saw a guy jump off his horse and take a piss on the side of the road.:horror

Back