Red Dead Redemption

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered the game at Best Buy as well. My War Horse worked fine until i shot it in the head by accident. :lol if you enter the code in right it should say Downloaded conted then under that it should say War Horse. If you whistle for it it should come running up to you.

I entered my code for the War Horse, and under downloaded content...there is nothing! :thud: Something's not right. I went back a screen to enter the code a second time, and this time it told me that the "code has already been redeemed". :mad: Strange. I gotta figure out what's going on. I really want that horse! :gah:

It's going to be interesting to see how Rockstar sorts out all this DLC madness.

The Deadly Assassin outfit is borked as Mo Van Barr's Wanted poster never shows up, or is showing up very rarely for people who have obtained it.

The War Horse is lost when Bonnie gives you a horse at the beginning of the game.

Amazon still hasn't sent out codes to people for the Golden Guns.

On top of that, Rockstar's servers are down and aren't properly registering DLC codes. I'd bet $5 that they'll put all the DLC up for free next week.

It's going to be interesting to see how Rockstar sorts out all this DLC madness.

The Deadly Assassin outfit is borked as Mo Van Barr's Wanted poster never shows up, or is showing up very rarely for people who have obtained it.

The War Horse is lost when Bonnie gives you a horse at the beginning of the game.

Amazon still hasn't sent out codes to people for the Golden Guns.

On top of that, Rockstar's servers are down and aren't properly registering DLC codes. I'd bet $5 that they'll put all the DLC up for free next week.

Yeah, this problem with the DLC HAS to be addressed by Rockstar immediately! People chose to pre-order and buy the game from specific retailers due to the exclusive content.

It's exactly why i didn't preorder any of that needless (IMO) crap, and just went to Target and bought a copy. Had a feeling stuff like this would go down. I'm sure it will all work out though in the end. (anyone run into the cannibal yet? :))

It's not "needless crap".

It is to me and thats why i put IMO. (Also i'm sure the War Horse is only gonna be the "Best" horse in game for a limited time. Once they come out with DLC i'm sure they will have all kinds of crazy awesome horses in it)
:lecture

Also for anyone that has not gotten it yet. You can get 20$ off a future game if you order through amazon. But i'm sure those who are gonna play already have it. :)

Red Dead Redemption
ir

Red Dead Redemption
ir
ps3

BTW has anyone seen a wild black horse?

Last edited:
Well, allright. :wave You've got your opinion, and I've got mine. Yeah, it would be cool if they made some awesome "wild stallion" or some other super horse as DLC somewhere down the road. I'm sure they will sometime later on. :yess:

Playing a game in the Old West is so ____ing refreshing. (especially when it's Rockstar AND GTA old west) no modern war, no WW2, no zombies, No lame futuristic wannabe's. I don't care for those kinda games anyways, i only buy few select titles a year. I'm not huge into the Old West, but once again RS has MADE me like it. Little quirks and attn to detail, (story is never a problem with RS) and that's where RS's talents and genius lie - in the little things. Too much to mention, if you play RS games you already know. ( I thought it was hilarious when the old lady mentioned something about "at least they can go to heaven now" in the beginning on the train. I knew i was in for more special things.)

All i can say is that if this game is any indication GTA5 is gonna be epic, but this will have me enjoying the wait.

I ordered the special edition with the horse and everything else and the money has been taken now but am I understading this correctly when I read that if the horse gets killed once its gone forver. :lol

What a waste of money !. :lol Mine will probably be dead in the first five minutes !. :rotfl

I must be doing something wrong. When I try to put in the code for the War Horse, it says that I can't access the Rockstar server to get the download.:dunno

I had the same problem. I tried forever and finally deleted my game and re-installed it then I got it on the first try. I don't know if the install had anything to do with it, but nothing worked until I did it.

Question:
How do you know if you have the War Horse? I'm assuming that I've got the horse Bonnie gives me, but I don't know. Is the War Horse totally lost at this point or could you use the code again to get it back? It would really suck to have had the DLC and never gotten a chance to use it.:slap

I had the same problem. I tried forever and finally deleted my game and re-installed it then I got it on the first try. I don't know if the install had anything to do with it, but nothing worked until I did it.

Question:
How do you know if you have the War Horse? I'm assuming that I've got the horse Bonnie gives me, but I don't know. Is the War Horse totally lost at this point or could you use the code again to get it back? It would really suck to have had the DLC and never gotten a chance to use it.:slap

Not sure if this will help but there is a video here showing what the war horse actually looks like. Like myself a few people on youtube are asking what happens if it dies. Surely they wont charge you extra for something that will be gone in no time.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

EDIT :

Ah , I may have found you're answer mate. After reading this it would seem there should be a ticket in your inventory which gets you to the war horse. I haven't even played this game yet so I'm not sure if this info is correct or not.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100519021914AAiarYB

That person also mentions they have killed they're horse a few times and you can keep spawning it back using the same ticket but they're also asking if the ticket ever runs out , personally I doubt it will.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help but there is a video here showing what the war horse actually looks like. Like myself a few people on youtube are asking what happens if it dies. Surely they wont charge you extra for something that will be gone in no time.

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640">https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&</object>

EDIT :

Ah , I may have found you're answer mate. After reading this it would seem there should be a ticket in your inventory which gets you to the war horse. I haven't even played this game yet so I'm not sure if this info is correct or not.

That person also mentions they have killed they're horse a few times and you can keep spawning it back using the same ticket but they're also asking if the ticket ever runs out , personally I doubt it will.

got my warhorse and what you said is correct. it is in your inventory (satchel) menu, you just click the ticket thing and you're able to whistle for your warhorse. when it dies or if you mount a new horse you can always click the ticket again to whistle for the warhorse.

I also just got my golden guns code from amazon just now. still deciding if I will end up using it or just sell it.

This whole DLC seems very confusing.
I will not be happy if it turns out I spent this extra dough on stuff that will be free to everybody on single player.
From what I gather you get the Warhorse, Gold Guns and all the other stuff in Multiplayer once you level up, regardless of what version you have.

So it seems Amazon is giving people TWO golden guns codes...one in email and one INSIDE the game case. can anyone confirm this?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/29tcXyaNZu0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

EDIT :

Thanks much! I do remember the ticket in my satchel, I'll have to check it out when I'm done with work. I basically spent a couple hours just hunting and clearing the first few missions. I did clear out a hideout and saved a farmers daughter. That was fun, and it was good practice to work on my shooting technique.

got my warhorse and what you said is correct. it is in your inventory (satchel) menu, you just click the ticket thing and you're able to whistle for your warhorse. when it dies or if you mount a new horse you can always click the ticket again to whistle for the warhorse.

I also just got my golden guns code from amazon just now. still deciding if I will end up using it or just sell it.

Thanks for the info.
I might keep the golden gun code too , I remember seeing the hammerburst code for gears of war 2 going for £25.00 each on ebay and I had two of them. :gah:

This whole DLC seems very confusing.
I will not be happy if it turns out I spent this extra dough on stuff that will be free to everybody on single player.
From what I gather you get the Warhorse, Gold Guns and all the other stuff in Multiplayer once you level up, regardless of what version you have.

Yep , a tenner more is quite a bit. Oh well , the soundtrack is there. :dunno

Back