Red Dead Redemption

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been so wrapped up in Batman I put this to the side. I guess I better finish it if there is a sequel coming.

I wouldn't mind the Red Dead series becoming an anthology of sorts, depicting the stories of various individuals in the Americas in the 19th century. I don't necessarily want to say "The West", as I think it would be interesting to explore the different aspects of it.

So, does anyone still play MP on PS3? I've been trying to go back and get some of the trophies, and that has caused me to rediscover how awesome MP is, and I'd really like to play with some folks I know. PSN ID is delig81. Also, I got 100 % in the single player story after going back to my third annual replay of RDR. I have to play it again to get the "spurred to victory" trophy, but I'm already looking forward to it.

I think that Red Dead has conquered the Arkham Series as my favorite game of all time. I love the Arkham games, and they'll always hold a special place in my heart for finally giving me the Batman games I've always wanted, but RDR just has so much emotional gravitas. I used to dislike the ending because I didn't like Jack, but, as I've grown, I've discovered a newfound appreciation, and love, for it. It is the story coming full circle, and, as I've become less hateful of Jack, it's allowed me to overlook that and truly appreciate the story of how the west was lost. I also love the closure that the game brings, and the fact that I discover something new every time I play, like the newspapers.

Upon completing the game, I bought an edition of "The Blackwater Ledger". Upon reading it, I discovered a few things of interest to Red Dead fans:

-Landon Ricketts passed away in his sleep in the year 1914; he was in the process of writing a book.

-Professor Macdougal was arrested and fired for getting into a drunken brawl with another professor.

-Seth finally discovered his treasure. He rode into Blackwater with an untold amount of gold and precious stones.

-Irish was shot and killed in 1914.

-Abraham Reyes became a tyrant, just like Colonel Allende.

After finishing the main game, I decided to start replaying the Undead Nightmare add-on, and I really wish that you didn't have to kill the Sasquatch (plural). I feel like **** when Harry starts blubbering about how I just exterminated his entire race.

heard about the game so much, but never picked it up

Do yourself the biggest favor you'll probably ever do for yourself: buy this game, drive home as quickly as possible (even if it means a speeding ticket), and play this thing from beginning to end; you will not regret it.

I went straight ahead after seeing all the reviews and feedback from here & bought the game

Game of the year edition, so no need to download DLC

531084_10151133715421453_657235328_n.jpg

Im not that big of a gamer, but RDR and Undead may be the best game I have ever played in my opinion. Just fun all the way around.

Sweet. Just ordered this version myself. Cannot wait to play undead nightmare.

I've just had to order this now, new 14.99 delivered cant lose. I bought the original nearly a year ago (2nd hand) but it didn't work annoyingly & I didn't get round to getting it again until now.

I'm just glad to see more people are STILL just discovering this game. It's just an incredible experience. Anyone that has it on PS3, and wants to play online multiplayer or co-op, add me; my PSN ID is delig81.

Back