Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

Red Dead Redemption 2: PlayStation and Rockstar Games Announce Partnership
"We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West."

Welp, that rules out a remaster. :lol

Ugh **** Playstation Now. Trailer looked extremely pretty.

Yeah, no thanks. I got the original on PSN for $5 a while back. It does look like **** though. It hasn't aged well. The xbone (upgraded a bit 360 version) one looks nice, but that won't make me but that ****.

Goddamn...It's beautiful. I wasn't expecting whole lot out of the gate as they had the same sort of "cold open" for the first Red Dead and GTA V. I just hope they return to that excellent "video journal series" that they did for RDR, where they detailed all the features, locales, and characters as the release closed in. I predict we get our first full trailer around December, maybe?

I predict we get our first full trailer around December, maybe?

Based on the promotion for the first one, I'm not expecting a full trailer until next year...maybe March. Then around E3 in June they'll probably begin releasing a new vid every few weeks leading up to release in September (if it doesn't get delayed).

I will be surprised if this doesn't have at least one delay, so I don't expect we will get to play this until 2018.

God, I hope not. It will already have been over 7 years since Rockstar San Diego finished RDR by the time this is slated to release. I'm not sure how much longer I could wait (as long as it takes, batfan...as long as it takes.:lol). I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, though, but as long as we get a polished Rockstar quality release, I'm happy.

And I'm sure we will. R quality is a given, so they can take as long as they need. The wait sucks, but oh well.

I do hope the DLC is as amazing as the last one this time around though. GTAV was all about Multiplayer, and that sucked.

Sony thinks people will rent the original, yet its on the xbox one for free if you kept your copy? Ah, yeah, happy with my xbox one s

And I'm sure we will. R quality is a given, so they can take as long as they need. The wait sucks, but oh well.

I do hope the DLC is as amazing as the last one this time around though. GTAV was all about Multiplayer, and that sucked.

Yeah and the joys of platinuming RDR was Multi... ugh...

As for PS NOW, that **** is live streamed and bs. Even though PS NOW has Assassin's Creed II, look what ubisoft did. A REMASTERED Ezio Collection. Come on R*.

I hope this is a loose prequel to the first RDR. Honestly, as good of a character as Marston was, we already know his story and there's a bit of predestination knowing what happens to the character in the long-run.

I like the idea of tying RDR characters to this one, and maybe a cameo by Marston (and playable via a character skin) and Dutch's gang, but I'd rather see a new set of characters during the glory days of the Wild West.

Looks nice.

The first RDR is one of my favorite video games. I hope this is a prequel and you plays as John Marston again when he was "bad". Maybe play as other members of the original gang.

I wonder if this is def a prequel or a sequel ? Has it been confirmed either way ? Seems a waste to make it a prequel when we know how the story ends for the main character.

In saying that though the first scenes look gorgeous and so life like. You could literally spend hours just riding your horse through those landscapes, listening to the soundtrack and just getting lost in it all.

As sacrilegious as it may be, particularly considering that John Marston is probably my favorite video game protagonist of all time, I hope they just let that character and that story rest. That story was told and it ended as perfectly as it could have. Part of me would love more Marston, but, at the same time, there is that question of lightning in a bottle. If anyone could do it, it's Rockstar, but I think it's a task made more difficult by the fact that the most compelling part of his story was already told.

I like the anthological format that the GTA games have used over the years and I think it's well suited to the Red Dead franchise, as well. The American Frontier is a vast tapestry of unique individuals and diverse stories, and I'd like to see that explored.

Playing as a more 'bad' Marston would give it that edgier feel. Last time it reminded me of the True Crimes games etc with the karma.. It's not like we've ever really had a 'good' GTA protagonist. I suppose probably CJ or Niko would be the 'goodest' of them, maybe to a point Vic Lance, Franklin, and even to a degree Micheal.

(yes I know I'm inventing really bad grammer)

As I've stated earlier, can't be a sequel time wise because the last one ended at the end of the Wild West.
If you take it at when John's son is grown up your literally in World War 1.

And be honest, Marston was a pretty generic Eastwood pastiche. That can be cool but we've been there and done that.

Some unique character stuff would be cool, eg Nikko in GTA4.
I wonder if that pic indicates multiple leads, ie GTA5 ?!

I presume Marston will be part of the gang (as evidenced by his silhouette, but not a playable character. That way you can't mar his story arc to come, but still experience interactions with him.

As I've stated earlier, can't be a sequel time wise because the last one ended at the end of the Wild West.
If you take it at when John's son is grown up your literally in World War 1.

And be honest, Marston was a pretty generic Eastwood pastiche. That can be cool but we've been there and done that.

Some unique character stuff would be cool, eg Nikko in GTA4.
I wonder if that pic indicates multiple leads, ie GTA5 ?!

You're onto something with the multiple leads. You think of some of the likely reasons why they went the route of multiple leads in GTAV, and they work in the West.

Organised Heists.. Makes sense. Ok we won't get the helicopter pilot camera snapping to the sniper rifle shooter etc, but I'm sure they can do something creative.
Huge maps.. multiple characters in different places. Just using the original RDR map as an example, they could do something similar like with Trevor's introduction. Introduce a nastier playable character down in Mexico and lock you in for half a dozen+ missions with him before returning back to the original character and settlement.
You could kill one off at some stage like GTAV
Different stats.. One might be a naturally better gunslinger, another better at gambling or brawling or maybe tracking/hunting..

Back