Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They released a Sabretooth variants, that was out like how many years ago. I don't see why SS won't suddenly decide to produce variant of original cap a Pf, doom, etc. who knows

10689791_10152791442412247_8568091984084173357_n.jpg

They won't rerelease doom. It would make collectors pissed off. They have had that fully sculpted sabretooth for years and Faldo the value hasn't gone up at all on him. It's an easy one to rerelease as a variant and not piss off people because it doe any affect the value of the OG at all. They won't rerelease "grails"

They won't rerelease doom. It would make collectors pissed off. They have had that fully sculpted sabretooth for years and Faldo the value hasn't gone up at all on him. It's an easy one to rerelease as a variant and not piss off people because it doe any affect the value of the OG at all. They won't rerelease "grails"

It won't happen, and to be honest, it shouldn't happen. I know people are sad they didn't get the original. I'm sad I didn't. However, I know that if I had, I would be right pissed if a duplicate was made.

It won't happen, and to be honest, it shouldn't happen. I know people are sad they didn't get the original. I'm sad I didn't. However, I know that if I had, I would be right pissed if a duplicate was made.

I don't have it either and I'd be furious if they re-released him as well. It completely destroys the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see a reason to re-release Doom. Theres no change you can make to justify it. Unlike Sabretooth its not like Dooms armor has really changed that much in the last 50 years.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

I don't see a reason to re-release Doom. Theres no change you can make to justify it. Unlike Sabretooth its not like Dooms armor has really changed that much in the last 50 years.

Oh I don't know ...maybe they'll go fully sculpted the second time around like with Green Poison Ivy. They'll make more money from it, definitely.

While I personally think they shouldn't re-release Doom, SS seems to care less what we think as of late, so maybe they also don't really care about how the aftermarket for these pieces are? They've gotten large enough that it seems like all their pieces will eventually sell, so if you charge 500 or 600 for a re-released Doom and sell a couple thousand of them, well that's big money. They probably wouldn't have to have it sit around in the warehouse long either, as everyone would scoop it up.

I think Doom would just be a pain in the ass for them to be reworked. Don't know about the master/prototype, but the production piece is a single piece, Doom+throne. A lot of handwork to convert it to full sculpt or make significant changes.

Yeah if anything I would think they wouldn't care about what the aftermarket price is. Don't think they'd care who already has it and who ELSE is gonna make extra money of of selling THEIR product for $3,000 or whatever they are now when they only bought it for $250 or however much it was on release. I would not be surprised at all of they re-released it. Labeled it as a "2nd edition" with like a different shade of green and tagged it with $1,000 price tag.

Oh I don't know ...maybe they'll go fully sculpted the second time around like with Green Poison Ivy. They'll make more money from it, definitely.
Yes but my point is they change something with each variant. Poison Ivy is all green and the plants are different. Sabretooth is losing the mixed media and getting a new costume. Batman, a new color, chest emblem and Bronze age head sculpt etc. etc. What exactly would they change on Throne Doom? They seem to at least try and justify the variants with the tweeks and color changes. Doom is pretty much the same...unless they were to do Doom 2099

That'd be sick... I think I still have the first issue somewhere, and some other 2099 issues where they had the shimmery covers :yess:

Back