Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep, the modern head has green highlights painted on it. I think it's supposed to be kind of reflective lighting. I prefer the Classic head though.

Yeah, same here. Modern has more of a green tint to it. I also like the classic portrait much more even though I think the modern portrait looks pretty good too.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised the coloring difference is so great although it's not very noticeable when on the statue with hood.

It's pretty....Do you know who did it?

I looked front and back and there was no name. I also made a mistake it wasn't last years comic con it was 2 years ago. I tried to look up the booth and artist but I couldn't find anything, Sorry man. I was the first customer (I got in early) and got it for 5$ and got the top loader for 2$. Not bad for 7$ huh

I looked front and back and there was no name. I also made a mistake it wasn't last years comic con it was 2 years ago. I tried to look up the booth and artist but I couldn't find anything, Sorry man. I was the first customer (I got in early) and got it for 5$ and got the top loader for 2$. Not bad for 7$ huh
Its okay' thanks for checking!

There doesn't seem to be as much coloration on mine, or maybe it's the same, I don't know.

(with flash)

Interesting. I'm wondering if mine is overdone compared to everyone else.

There have been paint variations on a lot of statues, like the Batman 5'o'clock shadow for instance.

I have the same gouge on my dooms nose. Are they all like that? I am getting a replacement

I didn't even notice that, it looks like a copper rectangle vs. a chip on mine. Is that considered a defect? Should I ask for a replacement?

There have been paint variations on a lot of statues, like the Batman 5'o'clock shadow for instance.

I didn't even notice that, it looks like a copper rectangle vs. a chip on mine. Is that considered a defect? Should I ask for a replacement?

Mine is a gouge and looks obvious when you can see the left side of dooms face. I have a replacement head on its way

Mine is a gouge and looks obvious when you can see the left side of dooms face. I have a replacement head on its way

Do you know what page your photo was on? I'm wondering if mine is worth a replacement since it doesn't really look like a chip. I'm not really sure what it is... I ran my fingernail passed it to see if it was a flake or something on the nose but nothing.

Do you know what page your photo was on? I'm wondering if mine is worth a replacement since it doesn't really look like a chip. I'm not really sure what it is... I ran my fingernail passed it to see if it was a flake or something on the nose but nothing.

The pics of mine are of the other head. The only pic that has the head with damage I didn't take of the left side.

Oh yeah, that's definitely a big chip there. Yeah, mine so looks like weird rectangular flake, doesn't really both me, probably not worth the trouble or considered a defect. Hope your replacement doesn't have anything else wrong with it, hopefully they checked it thoroughly before shipping out.

Oh yeah, that's definitely a big chip there. Yeah, mine so looks like weird rectangular flake, doesn't really both me, probably not worth the trouble or considered a defect. Hope your replacement doesn't have anything else wrong with it, hopefully they checked it thoroughly before shipping out.

I will get it in a week or so. I am sure the replacement will be fine

I'm trying to see if I could something as extreme as this :lol The weight of the cape probably won't hold though

Doom-finalpaint-low.jpg

Will probably end up with something like this though

1335064851_DR_DOOM_by_sanggara.jpg

***UPDATE***

Still messing around with it. Hope you guys like it :pray:

If not, any recommendations/suggestions? A little too much going on in the cloak?

This is my first 1/4 scale statue and I am definitely pleased. Pictures really don't do this guy justice because of the way the cape photographs - it is really a nice piece overall and I intend on holding onto it as an "iconic" doom representation. Also.. this guy will definitely push me further into the realm of 1/4 scale -_-.

11wf1i8.jpg
wco0o0.jpg

This is my first 1/4 scale statue and I am definitely pleased. Pictures really don't do this guy justice because of the way the cape photographs - it is really a nice piece overall and I intend on holding onto it as an "iconic" doom representation. Also.. this guy will definitely push me further into the realm of 1/4 scale -_-.

View attachment 204316
View attachment 204318

As you should know from when you got into collecting now that you got a taste the fever will set in. Welcome to the forum. This Doom is awesome I am glad you like it. I got into 1/4 this year and started shifting my collection. Hope you stay a while :hi5:

Back