Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll take your word for it. I saw some GG rancors on ebay that are cheaper than the sideshow piece. I guess having the whole rancor is more impressive than just having the head/arm, but I do like the gammy it comes with. I wish GG would have made a gammy to go with their setup as well. There's actually a lot more characters they could have made, but they probably wouldn't have sold very well.

GG are releasing the Jabba's Palace Bookends which are in the same scale and they come with Boba Fett, a Gammy and Boushh. I can't wait.

Yeah, they should be a nice companion to the other stuff GG has released. I have zero interest in bookends, but you can put them side by side and just use them as a diorama.

Oh cool, I think I saw an image of these, but didn't even think about them being in the same scale for working with the other releases since they're bookends. Now I can have an ultimate Jabba Palace setup!

Well, I finally managed to assemble and paint my AMT/ERTL model kit. I added a base as well. There are many more details on my blog.

amt_ertl_rancor_painted2.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted3.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted1.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted5.jpg

amt_ertl_rancor_painted4.jpg

Ohhhh man , great work , and beautiful base you have done , congrats , i don't have a patience for this things ....

As a kid that guard getting eaten by the rancor never sat that well with me. It was kind of disturbing. He tried the hardest to save Jabba from Luke and then everyone, Jabba included, laughs hysterically as he screams in terror and gets eaten alive. Harsh...

fantastic stuff guys! if anyone decides they want to sell theirs please keep me in mind. I do not have the skills to accomplish anything that nice.

Great work icruise... I think that model is probably the best looking representation of him to date.

Thanks. I agree that a well painted version of the AMT/ERTL kit is probably the best overall Rancor out there, but it's quite a bit smaller than the Gentle Giant version, and of course you have to assemble and paint it, which is no small task. I still don't have the Sideshow version, although it is on my list of items to get "someday."

I think the Sideshow piece could have been a great one, but the fact that a lot of them came out imbalanced and with odd paint really turned me off of it.

A AMT kit is definitely on my aspirational **to do** list... and have to say adding a base like you did really sells the piece :rock

I got lucky in the paint department with my Rancor so I'm quite happy with it, but I do wish Sideshow had done a full body Rancor, or does one, a full size Rancor painted as nicely as the dio and sculpted as well would rock, *cough* 1/6 Rancor *cough*.

A PF Rancor would rock. How tall do you think it would be? I would get one just because it would be huge! I would have to put it in my living room because it’s the only room with a high enough ceiling.:rotfl:rotfl

Sideshow is currently selling the Exclusive version of their Luke vs. Rancor diorama for 30% off with the coupon RANCOR11SDCC . That's $75 off, for a total of $175.

I'm tempted. If I'm ever going to get this piece, it has to be the exclusive version.

I got the Ex for $175 shipped from the bay. Very glad I did, looks great underneath my GG Jabba set-up, as I couldn't get a GG Rancor posted to Australia for less than $425

Well, I broke down and got this piece during the 30% sale. Overall, I'd say it's nice but I can't help but feel like it could have been amazing if they could have done the entire rancor and part of the pit, rather then just a part. I wrote an entire review on my site if you're interested. Here are some pictures.

no_bargain2.jpg

no_bargain5.jpg

no_bargain6.jpg

no_bargain4.jpg

no_bargain1.jpg

no_bargain3.jpg

Back