Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be my first item I return to SSC, really am not happy with the GG position of his wrist/hand, Luke looks silly with that big bone. I think the size is off --either Rancors mouth should be bigger or characters smaller.
I did get a great paint-job on Rancor---#58

I'm just hoping either I get a good paint one or can maybe arrange for one, I am a little nervous about it, but still excited, I really like the piece. I actually do like that I put it on flex because now the time between it and the Jabba dio shipping will be less.

Patience , you will have a great piece Sean .

Luke looks silly with that big bone.

:panic: Leia didn't seem to mind. :panic:

bacon-moto-6.jpeg

But in all honesty, this is a rather large whiff in the dio line. :slap

:panic: Leia didn't seem to mind. :panic:

bacon-moto-6.jpeg

But in all honesty, this is a rather large whiff in the dio line. :slap

That is hilarious...

And agreed; I was so excited for this piece. Even was okay with the bust style design. But the final piece just did not look like it was worth the money.

Finally getting this tomorrow, eager and nervous to open it up, hoping for a good paint job and a tiltless one.

Finally got mine today, was worth the wait for me, it's just what I expected and I'm happy with it. Paint apps on mine are good, I'm perfectly happy with that. Got some of the tilt going on but it's really nothing, certainly doesn't worry me that the whole thing will tip over, looks more like table with one bum leg, it still works, just looks a little goofy, and as far as this piece, unless you look at the very bottom of the base, you wouldn't even know it's tilting at all. This is a keeper, and I look forward to adding the Jabba one to go with it.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Can someone please tell me, who happens to have this and the gentle giant jabba the hutt and rebo band setup, tell me if they would all work together, look and scale wise? I know gentle giant has their version of the rancor, which would work, but I would prefer an action pose with the rancor instead. Pictures would help too :)

Thanks

It's smaller in scale than the GG pieces, I believe. It might look okay depending on how picky you are and how close you have them to each other. But I'm going to have to give my vote to the GG version of the Rancor once again. It's impressively large, very well sculpted, and cheaper than this.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll take your word for it. I saw some GG rancors on ebay that are cheaper than the sideshow piece. I guess having the whole rancor is more impressive than just having the head/arm, but I do like the gammy it comes with. I wish GG would have made a gammy to go with their setup as well. There's actually a lot more characters they could have made, but they probably wouldn't have sold very well.

Back