Rambo Premium format!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually a growing frustration from numerous threads, be it Hot Toys or Sideshow or whoever, I see a lot of people post as though becuase they think it, that means it's right and anyone not in agreement is damaged or without taste.

I don't care what people do or don't like, I just like to see people have the intelligence and respect to acknowledge that their opinion is just their own feelings and for someone to not think the same is not a reflection of the quality of that other person's opinion, it just means you're two people that think differently.

I don't care what people do or don't like, I just like to see people have the intelligence and respect to acknowledge that their opinion is just their own feelings and for someone to not think the same is not a reflection of the quality of that other person's opinion, it just means you're two people that think differently.

You won't see me disagreeing with that.

As for this PF itself and whether or not it can ever be classified, objectively, as a success or failure... Well, that will just depend on the final sales figures and value of the item once it's out on the market. In other words... whether enough people like/want it.

Does anyone know where I can find a Hcg's legendary scale rambo? Ive seen a couple on Ebay but their WAY overpriced.

Well that's pretty much what I was driving at, I'm not so good with words. I realize majority is probably that this thing is a flop, I just don't like that some people will express their feelings along those lines as if those who are content with a piece have something wrong with them to be able to like it. That's the beauty of the hobby, we're all after and like different things and all that matters is your personal feelings about the piece and buying things that satisfy you, if you hate it but others love it, no biggy, they can like it and you just move on to something you do like.

That's probably your best bet, the piece is like 2-3 years old and only 250 of them made.

I just checked that 250 and it was 500 made. I have one, I think if you're lucky you may be able to pick one up for around $250, not sure though, originally cost only $150.

On the other topic of peoples opinions on the Rambo or any other collectible, I just don't understand why it's necessary to get so worked up just because a piece doesn't meet your expectations, when I don't get what I expected I get a little pissed off but then it's time to move on, when I see the same members with multipile postings everyday on this Rambo PF, and their constantly posting negativity, I wonder what's going on in their lives that there spending so much energy on something that in the big picture isn't that important.

Some of you people really need to get a life already:gah:

I just checked that 250 and it was 500 made.

Where are you coming up with that number? Sideshow's site, 250, HCG's site, 250, the bottom of my bust says 250, unless HCG sold one run of 250 and Sideshow their own run of 250. That seems strange to me, I'd think the whole production run would be same ES, same box, etc., it's a bit of false marketing if they each lead people to think there's only 250 of them and there's really 500. Maybe if someone has one directly bought from HCG they could share a photo of the bottom of it with the ES and all and the box to see if there's differences, even shots of the bust itself to see if there's paint variation.

Where are you coming up with that number? Sideshow's site, 250, HCG's site, 250, the bottom of my bust says 250, unless HCG sold one run of 250 and Sideshow their own run of 250. That seems strange to me, I'd think the whole production run would be same ES, same box, etc., it's a bit of false marketing if they each lead people to think there's only 250 of them and there's really 500. Maybe if someone has one directly bought from HCG they could share a photo of the bottom of it with the ES and all and the box to see if there's differences, even shots of the bust itself to see if there's paint variation.

Sorry! my bad, I thought you were talking about the Maga Rambo IV Statue, that was limited to 500 pieces.

Nope, talking about this bad boy.

9.jpg

Though if you can find the 12" Maga statue, it's a pretty good piece.

ExParrot said:
Actually it's more like:

"I want, what they want, and every other fan of the movies with eyes in their heads and money to spend, wants! For Sideshow to sculpt rambo just as well as they sculpted him! (points to Indiana Jones Premium Format statues) That's what I want!"

Reads to me like you're saying anyone that likes these movies and isn't blind can't like this piece.

It. Was. A. Joke. It was never meant as anything more than that, and you're making it into this big drama, as if it was some covert personal attack, while also selectively quoting, and ignoring that it was just an off the cuff response to this post:

And since Rambo is getting no love here, I thought this quote was appropriate.

"I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!"

And also very conveniently ignoring the numerous times where I have stated in this thread and in each of my posts that any views that I post were just my own personal opinion, and I don't begrudge anyone who thinks differently. In fact in that same post that I made a simple off the cuff joke that you seem to have taken such offense to, I followed it by saying "If you like the piece, then hey, more power to ya, but me, I'll wait until one day someone does the early films justice in statue form, as this certainly wasn't it. Not for me". That's my opinion, and it's stated as my opinion, and I won't apologise for it to someone who's clearly jumping at every shadow they see, and on every post they don't personally agree with.

And the only one I see continually showing that they aren't capable of living with other folks opinions in this thread is you, who seems to have made it his mission in life to continually rebuff any negative opinion posted on this piece whatsoever. Seems to me like someone is being a little over defensive here. Especially as I haven't seen anyone say that you have no right liking the piece, or that you shouldn't do so. No one that I saw has told you that your opinion is wrong, or tried to invalidate it, they have merely stated their own. No, all I have seen is folks expressing their own disappointment, which is invariably followed by another post by you in which you leap to the piece and Sideshow's defence and make some post about how our perspective is off, or that our expectations are too high, or some other way of undermining the legitimacy of what you consider to be your 'opposition'.

I mean it's great that you like the piece, I'm happy for you, but personally I was very disappointed by it, and I have stated as much. My opinion is my opinion, it was only ever presented as such. That's how it should be read and that's where it should end. And I'm entitled to have it and state it every bit as much as you are entitled to have a completely different opinion, and to like this piece as much as you do. Personally I think you're jumping at shadows because your opinion is clearly in the minority in this particular case. But at the end of the day if you like the piece it shouldn't matter to you what anyone else thinks or says about it, you should just be happy that it lived up to your expectations and made you happy.

But whatever, this game has gotten old, I'm out. Enjoy your statue, I'll take my opinions elsewhere.

Last edited:
Anybody who want`s this great statue?? The exclusive Version is now on
preorder again at sideshow!!:hi5:

Anybody who want`s this great statue?? The exclusive Version is now on
preorder again at sideshow!!:hi5:

EX on Pre order, that's not a good sign.

I am about to cancel, and pick up the regular at a LCS for a discount (depending on how it looks in person).

I wasn't sold on this one from the pictures. Maybe some in hand shots will sway me.

Trust me, MaulFan's pics represent this product in its best possible light. He has the eye & talent for photographing collectibles, and he is passionate about Rambo (and this PF). His pics are absolutely the best this thing can look. And that's why I canceled.

Trust me, MaulFan's pics represent this product in its best possible light. He has the eye & talent for photographing collectibles, and he is passionate about Rambo (and this PF). His pics are absolutely the best this thing can look. And that's why I canceled.

that`s why I stay on my order for the EX, seeing MaulFan`s pics confirmed me:clap
ship ss ship:lol

I agree 100%.

In certain shots it looks WORTHY OF KEEPING, but others it looks (when the lighting is normal) it looks :gah:.

It`s shipping these days and i have no idea what to do,yes i am a hardcore Rambo fan and a PF is what i have been waiting for for a long time,but the stance on this PF looks so freaking bad that i don`t think it`s worth the price,shipping AND the Custom Fees that will be at least 100$ more,specially when it`s Fedex,DHL and UPS.

I have just seen again the movie today
rambo statue it could be better for sure...from certain angles i think the statue looks great (from the side of the weapon especially...and i think it's not as bad at all ...(on the end of the movie the face expression and the pose were very well captured)
the only thing that i would like to improve by sideshow it would be the hair design and the paint application but i will see what i would do with that...
I wish it could look more like this

The eyes are just all kinds of wrong, especially from the sides. His face looks almost mutated (obligatory "IMHO" added).

It`s shipping these days and i have no idea what to do,yes i am a hardcore Rambo fan and a PF is what i have been waiting for for a long time,but the stance on this PF looks so freaking bad that i don`t think it`s worth the price,shipping AND the Custom Fees that will be at least 100$ more,specially when it`s Fedex,DHL and UPS.
Trust me (because this comes from experience)... you don't want to spend that kind of money on an item you're not happy with solely because you're a hardcore fan and feel indebted to get it based on the principle that you once anticipated the item so much. You will eventually regret it pretty much every time. I love RAMBO too, and I want an awesome Rambo PF as much as anyone. But this ain't it, so I canceled and will spend my $300+ on something that I am happy with.

Back