Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to bring more negativity to this thread but I'm quite dissapointed with the way this thing goes together. I think joints should pop in correctly and be firm with possible movement. For the price of these figures ( even the clothing sets ) loose joints, forcing things in with risks of breakage and blu tacking things together shouldn't be an issue. Knowing that if i poke this figure it'll fall over leaving the boots standing makes it feel a lot cheaper to me. Fair enough you could glue it or go to work with a dremel, change the joints or whatever but surely with a little extra work the joints could pop together perfectly from the get go. Why not just make these compatible with the regular ball joints all other shoes fit in to ?.

Just sent this in a pm so I thought I would add it here too.

In regards to the shoes, I have a few reasons, whether or not its the reason Rainman does, I dont know.
One is that when you cast parts they shrink. So if the pegs are cast into the foot, unless the sculptor makes the ball joint slightly bigger, they run the risk of coming out too small and causing the ankles to be floppy. I had this problem with the butcher shoes. Also for some reason the double joint makes for a more stable joint. Im guessing the double increases the friction and leverage, so the foot holds the position better. I know that Asmus used and single on there Morgal figure and even though the joint is tight, still is hard to stand on its own. Also the casting process is challenging when you are trying to keep a the detail of the shoe and integrity of the connection. Once again the butcher shoes were a ***** to locate a pour spout and angle of piece so that you don't get air bubbles trapped.

Probably more then what you were looking for but that is my two cents from past experience.

I'm penny pinching on this custom and saving as much as I can these days while still trying to get a decent end result. I used the boot leg Narrow Shoulder bodies you find on ebay. Now it seems they are up to a 3.0 version, so they way they are, they've improved to the point where they're practically as good as the originals HT versions ...

Thnxs Emarae
Was this one that you used?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/130964479180?redirect=mobile

Has it the same body proportions of one ttm21 right?

Having too much fun with this set, but with so many accessories and not enough sculpts, I thought I'd use my other Bickle sculpts as well. The Mohawk will definately stay with the barechest, I'm going with a more pissed off look for the lonely walker, and my Rainman Fullhair will be saved for my workout scene Tshirt look.

01055D64-9801-4B9E-A613-CE27F3BB1246-720-000001B016D91D9A_zpsabceeb4c.jpg

Damn loving that cabbie head, whose that by?

i received mine and shipped it to the new owner. I purchased this to check out a Rainman figure in person, because that is the only way i would ever see one, and this piece look fantastic.

Thnxs Emarae
Was this one that you used?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/130964479180?redirect=mobile

Has it the same body proportions of one ttm21 right?

Yup, that's the one I've been using. Didn't realize they were on a 4.0 version now..! LOL! Before you know it, it'll come with a stand and have a Hot Toys logo on it! You'll find these bootleg bodies are just as good as any TTM21 body for half the price. If you plan to do the body mod for the Driver figure, after undoing the screws, you'll have to carefully split the body as they seem to have also applied a bit of glue. I used an xacto knife/ hobby blade to get into the area just a bit at one of the ends, then twist just enough at an angle to undo the glue and split the halves away. Just some FYI... :wink1:

emarae, did you do anything special to the cabbie head to get it to sit that high? Mine seems to sit much lower relative to the jacket without doing any mods to it, and I think we're using the same arms.

emarae, did you do anything special to the cabbie head to get it to sit that high? Mine seems to sit much lower relative to the jacket without doing any mods to it, and I think we're using the same arms.

Aw, crap! Sorry guys, I forgot to mention... I used good ol' sticky tack again in this case to get the head to rest a bit higher up. It also rested a bit too low otherwise on mine. Unless I can find a longer neck or neck peg, this is all I can think of for the meantime.

Ah, thanks for that. I reckon I'll do something similar. I don't feel so bad using sticky tac for that, since otherwise the head is just resting on top of the ball joint, anyway. I actually prefer Rainman's older process of using the little hook and loop, though I suppose something similar could be rigged here.

Man! I have got so many pages to catch up on! Congrats to all that got in on this. Travie is looking damn good and I'm really digging Robbies pics. NY City Grity fa sho!

So are we happy over there Turbo? :wave:1-1:

I hate to bring more negativity to this thread but I'm quite dissapointed with the way this thing goes together. I think joints should pop in correctly and be firm with possible movement. For the price of these figures ( even the clothing sets ) loose joints, forcing things in with risks of breakage and blu tacking things together shouldn't be an issue. Knowing that if i poke this figure it'll fall over leaving the boots standing makes it feel a lot cheaper to me. Fair enough you could glue it or go to work with a dremel, change the joints or whatever but surely with a little extra work the joints could pop together perfectly from the get go. Why not just make these compatible with the regular ball joints all other shoes fit in to ?.

Just cut the well out of a true type foot and put it in the hole. It's been the same deal with RM H&C sets since well forever.

Man! I have got so many pages to catch up on! Congrats to all that got in on this. Travie is looking damn good and I'm really digging Robbies pics. NY City Grity fa sho!

So are we happy over there Turbo? :wave:1-1:

7D75F29E-0978-4202-8E3C-8F612319181F-212-0000003D1F04308E.jpg

:duff :hi5:

A couple of minor tweaks here and there needed, but we're gonna get this thing breathing!

Last edited:
Started adding the blood to his clothing, still lots to do, but finished re painting the face and neck.

9ba5ae817876a4217c6de36a81fa0910_zps21452243.jpg

Yup, that's the one I've been using. Didn't realize they were on a 4.0 version now..! LOL! Before you know it, it'll come with a stand and have a Hot Toys logo on it! You'll find these bootleg bodies are just as good as any TTM21 body for half the price. If you plan to do the body mod for the Driver figure, after undoing the screws, you'll have to carefully split the body as they seem to have also applied a bit of glue. I used an xacto knife/ hobby blade to get into the area just a bit at one of the ends, then twist just enough at an angle to undo the glue and split the halves away. Just some FYI... :wink1:

Thnxs Emarae for the tip about the body, for the price it seems worth a lot, one ttm 21 body is triple of the price..
If the quality is good and the body proportions is the same, this certanly will be the route i ll take.
It doesnt exist blu tack here in Brazil, but i can seek o e similar product here. When you use ataching the head for example, the head keep moving?
You just stuck the product into the head and attach it directly to the neck without use those neck ball peg?
Sorry all those questions :monkey3

Back