Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "God's Lonely Man"

How was the petition done last time? I'd gladly sign it as a full set buyer. Being blunt Teddy, but there's definitely more than a 50/50 split in favor of minor tweaks to the eyes/lids and nose alone. Just go through the pages and count them. /shrug

I agree with Domin. My impression is more. . .maybe 70% for and 30% against? Not that this reflects who would buy or not buy, but rather who was really in support of leaving it as-is, vs. who either doesn't like the sculpt at all or would at least like to see him take another crack at modding it. Last time I think they are referring to Turbo vs. Ozone compiling a list of those who were "80% sure" they were going to buy a "DXX" version of the figure if it was made. . .

If full metal makes the glasses and gunslinger I will gladly pay for his skills....it would still leave more money to buy other things as well...:)

How was the petition done last time? I'd gladly sign it as a full set buyer. Being blunt Teddy, but there's definitely more than a 50/50 split in favor of minor tweaks to the eyes/lids and nose alone. Just go through the pages and count them. /shrug

I think turbo compiled the list and present them to rainman. It seems rainman gets that this character meant so much for turbo and the others that he's willing to go that extra mile. For an extra cost, of course :D

Yeah the split is probably closer to 90% to 10%. I think even people that are happy with the sculpt wouldn't mind a couple of tweaks to bring out more likeness.

no-no-NO please..don't change up the sculpt anymore....it might mean i have to spend the 1500 which i have already started using on other projects....:)...lol....if people are happy with what he is offering....let them be happy...my wallet will appreciate it ALOT...:)

[/QUOTE]To me, differences look like it could just be angle, lighting, and paint work. Mouths seem precisely the same. Only really notable difference seems to be the more furrowed brow of the haired sculpt, but there's a bright flash-type light on the painted sculpt there that could be obscuring it. I don't expect different facial sculpts (but I hope he does!).[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't see a difference in the mouth, only a slightly different angle. If there really is a difference, what is the point of making it so minuscule that most of us can't even tell?:dunno

Well, I'll go ahead and list some names of those who suggested they would at least like to see it tweaked ("eyes are off" or something to that effect). This is from just a few pages' worth of posts, but probably most who felt this way--those who say they have no interest in the figure in general (e.g., Wake, Mr. Ecko) are excluded. I won't forward it to Rainman. . .just putting it out there :peace

Turbo vs. Ozone
ricardobsn
karamazov80
firefly2121
marlindesign
Levit05 (now says he doesn't want it to change b/c he doesn't want to buy :lol )
Darth Vader
vareika
greatlakes6
pcleemake
Hydeous
Commtech (I think)
PopCultKid
Rahmier84
uscmhicks
transhi100
Darthy
qbomb71
siquisiri
batfan08

LMAO...its not that i don't want to buy....its because i don't want to spend anymore....LMAO

Yeah the split is probably closer to 90% to 10%. I think even people that are happy with the sculpt wouldn't mind a couple of tweaks to bring out more likeness.

:exactly:

50/50 talk shoukdn't even be presented to The Man. Inaccurate and untruthful...

There's the kid!!! :hi5:

thats 22 people....i'd say that was a clear..."hey RM" moment

Yea.... it's about that time...

no-no-NO please..don't change up the sculpt anymore....it might mean i have to spend the 1500 which i have already started using on other projects....:)...lol....if people are happy with what he is offering....let them be happy...my wallet will appreciate it ALOT...:)

Stop already bro :lol

I agree, I don't see a difference in the mouth, only a slightly different angle. If there really is a difference, what is the point of making it so minuscule that most of us can't even tell?:dunno

The difference is definitely there. It's basically all in the brow (more aggressive, less numb).

It's not officially confirmed but I hope he does use the two different expressions. Despite being subtle it makes a big difference IMO.

If you buy the H&C set for the Mohawk and the H&C set for the haired version, you will get two sets of pants and two sets of boots, correct? You would then need to get sunglasses and two bodies.

If you get the full set, then you get one set of pants, one set of boots, sunglasses, and one body. You would need another set of pants, boots, and another body.

Which of the two scenarios makes more sense?

I think he is pretty close - just not 'mean enough' if that makes sense... But - YES... I think a final tweak may do the job.
Driver_zpsed727b4c.jpg

Well, we don't really know what's included with anything yet. I think people are assuming only one pair of pants with the full/DX sets, but who knows?

Sunglasses is also very desirable. And with Rainman, the RM paint job/fully put together figure has value. In the past, that has been the primary thing distinguishing h&c and full sets, but didn't affect full set popularity.

Back