Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "God's Lonely Man"

Sorry to ask again but Haird sculpt is definitely for non H&C sets right?

Personally I'd love to see:

H&C Set 1:
Mohawk sculpt & outfit

H&C Set 2:
Haired Sculpt & outfit

Full Set:
Both outfits with both sculpts and glasses

DX:
Both outfits with both sculpts, glasses and gun sling

But I guess everything has already been set right?
Would be great if he went this route. . .

I just feel that with what I proposed not that I know really what im talking about haha that no matter what, people could get the look they want, hair or mohawk, and if you want the EX items ie glasses and gun slider you can go for FS and DX

Thats why I left it at " ......... "

Feeling lazy right now :)

Edit: Instead of speculating what people want. Just let the buyer have at it and everything would work itself out.

Some people want the MANs paint job and this would allow someone to get just one Fullset figure and get Rainman's paintjob.

Ah gotcha.

I really like your system actually. :hi5:

I think that really allows for everyone to be happy Ajk. The only potential exception would be someone who wanted only the mohawk look, but wanted Rainman's paint job and the figure put together (which would be a kind of full set for this release), and didn't want to shell out the extra couple hundred for the haired head. But if the full set was to come with both outfits anyway. . .then I'm guessing that group would be mighty small. And he sure could get more mileage out of that second clothing set (with bomber jacket) if he went this route.

I think that really allows for everyone to be happy Ajk. The only potential exception would be someone who wanted only the mohawk look, but wanted Rainman's paint job and the figure put together (which would be a kind of full set for this release), and didn't want to shell out the extra couple hundred for the haired head. But if the full set was to come with both outfits anyway. . .then I'm guessing that group would be mighty small. And he sure could get more mileage out of that second clothing set (with bomber jacket) if he went this route.

Yea I hope someone in the know can run this by Rainman, just offers many directions for many collectors while still maintaining a FS ex item: sunglasses and DX ex items: sunglasses and gun slider. :pray:

Yea I hope someone in the know can run this by Rainman, just offers many directions for many collectors while still maintaining a FS ex item: sunglasses and DX ex items: sunglasses and gun slider. :pray:
Unfortunately, head/outfit buyers aren't usually as prone to contacting/lobbying Rainman about these things as others are, so I'm not sure that we have an advocate out there with any sway :lol I could send him an e-mail, but he'll probably just ignore it.

As you can see I was asked to start this thread for interest so I will relay all beneficial information to the artist if you like it or not.
So considering that Magnus. . .would you be willing to pass along our preference for getting the haired sculpt and bomber jacket look as a head/outfit set? :pray:

I was also thinking about a Serang-like approach to this release.
Would give people options.

H&C Set 1:
Mohawk sculpt & outfit

H&C Set 2:
Haired Sculpt & outfit

Full Set 1
Mohawk.....

Full Set 2
Haired Sculpt.......

DX:
Both outfits with both sculpts, glasses and DX item gun sling

Sell only a combined 35 FS/DX and whatever people order is what ends up getting made. You could end up with

20 DX and 7 FS1 and 8 FS2
or
25 DX 7 FS1 and 3 FS2

you get my point

Ah gotcha.

I really like your system actually. :hi5:

No DXX or SDX needed.
A Deluxe would actually be a Deluxe :lecture

homerbushes.gif

I feel like I post this a lot.

:lol

Thats why I left it at " ......... "

Feeling lazy right now :)

Edit: Instead of speculating what people want. Just let the buyer have at it and everything would work itself out.

Some people want the MANs paint job and this would allow someone to get just one Fullset figure and get Rainman's paintjob.

Too bad we can't buy the items a la carte. Every item is priced and you build your own. :clap

Last edited:

What happened to "lets all stay focused on the release" - Work this **** out with PM's!
I don't want to scroll through 5 pages of back and forth crap about a stupid bet....:lol

I thought everyone was just joking about a DXX. :lol

As cool as the arm slider and glasses being made is, I'm still more concerned with the sculpts haha, want to see better pics!

Yes, I am not 100% sold on the sculpts either... I'd rather 100% likeness and no accessories, than 85% likeness and a 'cool' slider inside a jacket...

wtf is going on here??? LOL.. Anyways.. so as it stands, is this what we expect....
- Unpainted Head- mohawk
- Painted Head- mohawk
- Mohawk head and clothes set
- DX- Mohawk head and clothes set, hair head and clothes set
(plus glasses)
- DXX- Mohawk head and clothes set, hair head and clothes set
(plus glasses AND hand slider gun)

Back