Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did rainman mention what body he's using or is it all assumption up until now ?.
You can tell by the pics he is using the TTM-21. Frankly, it isn't the best solution for Deniro's body type, but it's the best of the Hot Toys bodies currently available, and it has some sculpting on the arms to assist with shirtless looks, so I'm assuming that's why he went that route.

Personally, for the figure I have to bash together, I think I'm going to try a narrow shoulder Truetype instead because the proportions would be more accurate. I'll wait and see how all the Bruce Lee mod attempts go before considering any of that, but considering how pale the Aeon paintwork looks, it could work very well with the pale BL body.

And to Pop's post about the store credit, that seemed to get resolved at some point after Vince (thank God!). Otherwise, that would be one more disadvantage against ordering because it requires an extra step (signing in after putting the item in your cart). Driver VIP set is still up.

Hmmm I'm not so sure the BL is that pale though? It's sort of tanned looking. I'm almost thinking ill need to repaint the arms. The mod is a must for me tho. I guess I don't really need to wait for the figure to dismantle a BL. I think I'm only going to do it to one but unsure of which one.

If I do soldiers then the awkward elbow will be covered but I couldn't really do the haired shirtless look. I could also use the Marcus wright right arm for soldier that I have on my current Kai custom.

I remembered it being pale, but I sold that figure last year so I might be misremembering. Painting the arms might prove tricky for novices who aren't accustomed to painting things that will experience a lot of wear due to having a joint. There are tutorials from guys who mod Marvel 6" figures though.

haha yeah thanks pop. also grabbed a soldier painted HS and clothing set separately. think this release is really what the doctor ordered.

For us AND him!! :lecture

Torrance all the way!

In terms of likeness, Bill/Daniel, Anton, Oompa (if that counts), Doc, Dude, Travis. Top 5 probably.

As an overall set, this one is pretty complete. I can't think of another that tops this, if this isn't the best overall set, it's right up there.

:exactly: The Oompa is technically his best likeness

I haven't followed every twist and turn with this release. Other than the slide DX issue, are these DFS and separate sets much different than Narrator and Tyler 2 releases?

It's the same idea but you get a hell of a lot more with this. I guess dollar for dollar those had more bang for your buck... but the days of those type of RM prices are history

For those who don't know I am a System Administrator and work for the US Navy. Doesn't make me anymore qualified to say what I am about to say, but here goes my thoughts on the cart issue.
I'll use a DX for my example......

On a slightly smaller scale, that's exactly it right there. This will happen with all systems where the demand is wildly rushing in and far outweighs the supply.

While everyone is clashing and stepping all over each other, little holes open up that people slip thru and can check out. It's mostly timing purely based on dumb luck, but it doesn't hurt to have good equiptment. If you have a kick a$$ computer, I'm sure that helps your chances too

When repainting a body how well does the paint stay on the body?
In my experience painting that depends on the surface, how the surface is prepared, how the paint is finished, and what kind of wear you put on it. Based on Elvis's work with the PVC material for HT bodies, it seems that doing a regular paint job on them may not work so well (he has dyed them for some of his projects).

I think I will be going with the Blitzway body, once repainted a bit I think it can work great.

It isn't as nice as the Bruce Lee but not that bad.

Here's on a temporary bickle.

P1080516_zpse600b8bc.jpg

:goodpost:

Any chance of a cigar box and clipboard/pencil etc? :pray:

:clap .... and a liquor bottle in brown paper bag

You can tell by the pics he is using the TTM-21. Frankly, it isn't the best solution for Deniro's body type, but it's the best of the Hot Toys bodies currently available, and it has some sculpting on the arms to assist with shirtless looks, so I'm assuming that's why he went that route.

Personally, for the figure I have to bash together, I think I'm going to try a narrow shoulder Truetype instead because the proportions would be more accurate. I'll wait and see how all the Bruce Lee mod attempts go before considering any of that, but considering how pale the Aeon paintwork looks, it could work very well with the pale BL body.

And to Pop's post about the store credit, that seemed to get resolved at some point after Vince (thank God!). Otherwise, that would be one more disadvantage against ordering because it requires an extra step (signing in after putting the item in your cart). Driver VIP set is still up.

It's a bit of work but I like what Robbie showed us with the BL arm mod. It's not perfect because you see the mechanism under the torso but with a repaint to color match everything it'll be an amazing piece.

Our store credit glitch is gone, right? I noticed that yesterday :yess:

I think I will be going with the Blitzway body, once repainted a bit I think it can work great.

P1080516_zpse600b8bc.jpg

That looks great Seb :clap The BW works well for him and give you more articulation.

What did you go in for? FS or H&C?

I got two unpainted head and I splitted a clothing set with Teddy Daniels (Tanker jacket, shirt, holsters and guns) I have the Brother prod outfit for the mohawk version.

P1080516_zpse600b8bc.jpg

That has great proportions for Bickle actually..where did you score the belt buckle from?

Back