RAH Boba Fett at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you gonna preorder RAH fett?

• Yes

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 48.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 20 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that joke! One of the best bits on that CD. :rock

Great pics BTW. :D

Thanks Josh, and it is a great bit, and great storytelling cuz even though it's only audio, I can complete envision the actions behind the words, and I laugh more. :lol

It feels so good to finally have a nice Boba Fett figure. Love the character, love the design, never content with anything offered before this figure.

Im just curious for people who own fett and it's their first Medicom figure, what do you think of it?

My fett just shipped, cant wait to get him.

Tweaked maulfans photo and lined it up the the original. Pretty cool.

jahkpaabd.jpg

I love the figure great articulation, outfit is excellent! I just wish there was a full head under there like jango has. Anyone trying to do a custom head?

Glad you like guys. It's a great figure. Rationally, I'd never say it's worth $150, but as a collector, fan of the character, and an artist who strives for and appreciates the ability to replicate something just as you see it, it is worth every penny to now have a Boba Fett that truly looks like Boba Fett in every way I could want it to.

Im just curious for people who own fett and it's their first Medicom figure, what do you think of it?

My fett just shipped, cant wait to get him.

After a very aggravating wait due to FedEx (they had it in the hub for nearly a week, made 3 delivery attempts, but I only got the notice from the last one, then I had to wait for their weekend to be over before they finally got it to me), a very brief examination of the figure, and with very high expectations...I must say that I am extremely impressed with the figure. Awesome in most aspects. Detail is incredible. Ability to hold a pose has not been topped by ANY 1:6 scale figure I have ever owned. And my own favorite part...the accessories are what I have hoped for in a 1:6 scale Boba Fett. Accurate, detailed and removeable. These accessories just might be a little better than Sideshow's...but we have more yet to see from them. Quite frankly, I will be buying Sideshow's Boba Fett when it comes out, and Sideshow's will be in any scene I decide to display...but it will likely be Medicom's that sits on my desk at work. I believe that the hardest-core anti-collector would at least be impressed by the workmanship in this figure. I have few complaints and they are minor. I would have preferred the "real" belt as opposed to the plastic molded one (although the plastic molded one IS VERY nice and detailed and can in no way be compared to a Hasbro belt except by someone being ridiculous) and there is a slight loss of range-of-motion due to the fit of the accessories (read "wookie braids"), there are drips of glue visible on his shoulders just below the shoulder armor, and the scope on my blaster rifle is bent. Overall...admittedly minor gripes.

With all that being said. Nobody between Heaven and Hell will convince me that this figure is worth more than $99.99. Not because of my minor gripes...but because I have yet to see ANY 1:6 scale figure that is except for the well-done hand-made customs I have seen and maybe for the Hot Toys Predators.

THAT being said...I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the rest of the Medicom Star Wars figures. I think the Shadow Stormtroopers will look very cool along-side Boba Fett!

I'm still waiting for my Fett, but even without having it in hand, I am convinced that it's over-priced. But it's obvious that a lot of us (well, enough of us) are willing to pay that price. And SSC just anticipates. Unfortunately! I'm just curious how far SSC can push the price of these Medicoms and Hot Toys before people will stop buying.

SSC doesn't price Medi and HT by all that much more compared to other retailers, some others even charge more than SSC, it's just the prices in general that are high. However, I do think a $150 HT figure justifies it's cost much more than a $150 Medi does, but like I said with Boba Fett, it's as much about the sentimental value as the monetary value. If you truly like a piece, I think you tend not to care what it cost, long as you have the funds, but when you're on the fence and look at it very rationally, you can't see spending what pieces cost. If I looked at Boba rationally, I'd think myself a fool for spending the money, but as a collector, I have a piece I really love in my collection now and was worth every penny I spent to get it into my posession.

SSC doesn't price Medi and HT by all that much more compared to other retailers, some others even charge more than SSC, it's just the prices in general that are high. However, I do think a $150 HT figure justifies it's cost much more than a $150 Medi does, but like I said with Boba Fett, it's as much about the sentimental value as the monetary value. If you truly like a piece, I think you tend not to care what it cost, long as you have the funds, but when you're on the fence and look at it very rationally, you can't see spending what pieces cost. If I looked at Boba rationally, I'd think myself a fool for spending the money, but as a collector, I have a piece I really love in my collection now and was worth every penny I spent to get it into my posession.

Very true! But let's not forget that some retailers offer (or offered) some of these HT and Medi figures for significantly less, compared to SSC. So, if they can offer these figures at a lower price, why can't SSC? Assuming these retailers 'deliberately' drop a share of the profit, does that mean that SSC is ... greedy?

I completely agree about the price. I have several Medicom figures in my collection. As much I may think they are fantastic figures, I do not believe they are worth the price of $150. I am sure if we waited after these had been on the market for a while, you could get them for closer to $100. I have seen several Medicom Spawn figures sell at or around $100 on ebay. The same could be said for the Vaders and Lukes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back