Question about the Universal Monsters Page

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How come the only 12" Sideshow presents on the Universal Monsters page are the instock items? It would be great to see a comprehensive listing of all of Sideshow's 12" Universal Monsters.

lcummins said:
Because they've been archived already!
yeah, but thats not really the case.
Several figures on their UniMonsters page are Sold Out and still on the page.
The PFs are always very slow to update on that page as well. Notice neither Mummy PF yet the Bride is up, as well as all previous characters.

I hate to say it, but the updating of their website sections does seem to drag pretty far behind sometimes.

Take the Leatherface PF for instance.
The 12" figures are listed on the NewLine page, but no sign of the PF. You can only find the Leatherface PF if you do a direct search or browse thru a HUGE list by hitting the PremiumFormat link.
What if somebody new to SS looked at their site and didnt know a LF PF existed, but would buy one? Theyd probably look at the NewLine section and move on thinkin that since the 1:6 is listed, yet no PF, it must not exist = Lost sale.

You cant even find the SSE PF Mummy thru a search.

:monkey1

occulum said:
yeah, but thats not really the case.
Several figures on their UniMonsters page are Sold Out and still on the page.
The PFs are always very slow to update on that page as well. Notice neither Mummy PF yet the Bride is up, as well as all previous characters.

I hate to say it, but the updating of their website sections does seem to drag pretty far behind sometimes.

Take the Leatherface PF for instance.
The 12" figures are listed on the NewLine page, but no sign of the PF. You can only find the Leatherface PF if you do a direct search or browse thru a HUGE list by hitting the PremiumFormat link.
What if somebody new to SS looked at their site and didnt know a LF PF existed, but would buy one? Theyd probably look at the NewLine section and move on thinkin that since the 1:6 is listed, yet no PF, it must not exist = Lost sale.

You cant even find the SSE PF Mummy thru a search.

:monkey1

All very, very good points! I too wish the Universal Monsters page (as well as others) were more up to date. Creech and I have been trying to get them to update that archive section for a year or two now. I can understand the archive section not being the highest priority, but as you stated, the license pages seem like they would be.

I can't see why the archiving can't be automated, like Microsoft Outlook, or once "sold out" is input it should just shift to the archives. And what now of the Highlander line? Zero zip nada. The injustice. :monkey2

Last edited:
There are some very good observations in this thread, so I've saved it for future reference. Thanks (seriously)! :duff

(Creech, Brock addressed the Highlander items in a different thread. In this case, the licensor requested that all references to the product be removed. Sorry! But the 5 releases should be fairly easy to remember :duff)

SideshowDusty said:
There are some very good observations in this thread, so I've saved it for future reference. Thanks (seriously)! :duff

(Creech, Brock addressed the Highlander items in a different thread. In this case, the licensor requested that all references to the product be removed. Sorry! But the 5 releases should be fairly easy to remember :duff)
All I remember is there wasn't a Medieval F'n Kurgan!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
and before you ask Dusty I am well aware that I am only 8.

SideshowDusty said:
Thanks for that Dusty, I did know the reason, but still I find it rather incredulous. I mean the licensor having sway over the product is fine, but having sway over the cataloguing of Sideshow merchandise seems a bit rich to me.

Who am I anyway? I would like to know what reasons the licensor made such a request. Though I know it isn't any of our business to have business dealings revealed. For me, I just like to have detailed information on the figures I purchase, and though I only have The f'un Mod Kurgan, ( well I find it fun anyhoo) I might pick some more up later.

Just have to bend with the breeze eh? So be it.

I have a suggestion to a problem I recently encountered you might like to have the team address, on a side note. I pre-ordered both Subject 57's. One was pre-authed, then the two items amalgamated and the two pre-authed. Of course I hadn't allowed for, what turned out to be, three pre-authed items and my order, in complete, was cancelled. I see it was human error, and I thank Sideshow for combining my orders, but maybe it could be noted as a potential problem that might be able to be eliminated in the future.

Keep up the good work Dusty, and get plenty of rest leading up to the Toy Fair.

lcummins said:
OK, you lost me... what's fixed? The Vintage Monsters page? :confused:

Creecher's post was originally: Keep up the good work Dusty, and get plenty of rest leading up to the Toy Fair.

I "fixed" it. The joke would've worked better if my post hadn't jumped to the second page all by itself.

Darth Waller said:
Creecher's post was originally: Keep up the good work Dusty, and get plenty of rest leading up to the Toy Fair.

I "fixed" it. The joke would've worked better if my post hadn't jumped to the second page all by itself.

I see... yeah, if it was on the same page it might have not lost me. Also, I read creech's post a day or two ago, and I've slept since then, so I didn't notice the "edited" quote! :rotfl :rotfl

Darth Waller said:
Fixed. :monkey3 :emperor
:rotfl Good one Waller.

I have another suggestion for you Dusty. Have an email sent to any prospective purchaser, to let them know their card will be debited a week before. If I had received a notice like that I would have purchased some in stock items to add to my parcel.

I make no apology for the sarcasm this time, as I am a bit annoyed at the lack of customer service I have been receiving with my orders. I don't make many direct purchases and am displeased at the mo. I know there may be new staff learning the ropes or other scenarios and reasons, it's just that I was used to feeling good, about at least getting some customer satisfaction, even when things went askew. Emails aren't being responded to in a timely manner, lots of little things that I would normally overlook are getting under my skin.

On a good note, thanks for looking after me in the past when things did go a little off the track. Now where are those hints? :monkey3

creecher said:
Emails aren't being responded to in a timely manner, lots of little things that I would normally overlook are getting under my skin
been experienceing a little of this myself.

Back