Question about SS Joe weapons..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veil1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all. A question for anybody that has some of the Sideshow GI Joes, I was wondering what quality the weapons are. Are they comparable to Soldier Story, or Hot toys? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

I think Storm Shadow's bow and arrows were the only SSC weapons that are particularly delicate. Everything else has held up great w/o using the kid gloves.

I wouldn't say SSC weapons are exactly on the same level as Soldier Story, but then again SSC weapons are usually more sturdier and items on their rail system don't fall off as easily as stuff does on Soldier Story rails.
Also, SSC weapons and components are mostly licensed and can't be found anywhere else.
Hot Toys weapons are often over scaled, even more so then Sideshow weapons (the most recent SSC Joe weapons have been perfectly in scale) and the MP5 that HT gave their Resident Evil Alice figure in 2011 are the same exact oversized and very poorly detailed MP5s they gave their 2001 unlicensed Famous Type Neo figure 10 years ago!

I dunno about footwear ... I like their weapons. Pretty nice. Sturdy. And don't you worry about them breaking apart or their optics, fore-grips, and other rifle accessories falling off.

Design-wise, Hot Toys weapons are better, and there's more variety, but they are flimsy as *****. I don't know how many times I've had to glue a muzzle back on, or have had a scope fall off and not been able to attach firmly.

Sideshow's weapons are really sturdy, the only issue I've had is a crooked muzzle on some weapons. They also only have a few weapons in their repertoire as well: the Uzi (re-used), variations of XCRs (re-used), variations of AKs (re-used), ACR, Dragunov, etc. The FAL that came with the CG could be used with a Ripcord should SS produce that figure. Their only stand alone weapons so far are the CGs Kriss, Dusty's FAMAS, and Zartan'w sniper rifle.

Design-wise, Hot Toys weapons are better, and there's more variety, but they are flimsy as *****. I don't know how many times I've had to glue a muzzle back on, or have had a scope fall off and not been able to attach firmly.

Sideshow's weapons are really sturdy, the only issue I've had is a crooked muzzle on some weapons. They also only have a few weapons in their repertoire as well: the Uzi (re-used), variations of XCRs (re-used), variations of AKs (re-used), ACR, Dragunov, etc. The FAL that came with the CG could be used with a Ripcord should SS produce that figure. Their only stand alone weapons so far are the CGs Kriss, Dusty's FAMAS, and Zartan'w sniper rifle.

Add Rock N Roll's MK-43 M-60 Machine Gun

--

No disrespect to Sideshow, but . . .

Triad Toys came out with the first 1:6 KRISS with their Tyrus Kilemah figure well before Sideshow's CG figure.

Granted, I prefer the overall design & quality of Sideshow's version, but the one from Triad Toys is still very worthwhile.

--

Triad Toys came out with the first 1:6 KRISS with their Tyrus Kilemah figure well before Sideshow's CG figure.

Granted, I prefer the overall design & quality of Sideshow's version, but the one from Triad Toys is still very worthwhile.

The one from Triad is a fanciful design, not completely based on the real thing. Sideshow's is much more accurate to the real thing.

--

I think he meant that the KRISS, FAMAS and FN FAL (acronyms all, heh) are the only guns in the line that haven't been re-used for other characters yet, particularly given that there have been multiple 1/6th version of the FAMAS and FN FAL from long before SSC even picked up the license.

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for interpreting it for me. :lol

You can add Cobra Commander's MP7 to the list. Firefly's TMP was re-used with Commando Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander's Desert Eagle was given to the Crimson Guardsmen.

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks for interpreting it for me. :lol

You can add Cobra Commander's MP7 to the list. Firefly's TMP was re-used with Commando Snake Eyes, and Cobra Commander's Desert Eagle was given to the Crimson Guardsmen.

Yep the desert eagle was re used but I think the serpa holster the CG gets is is a step up than the CC cloth holster.

Back