Question about muscle bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Very limited articulation. I almost do not prefer them. I can barely move Wolverines arms between the muscle body, the shirt, adn the jacket.

The HT Dutch body has a metal strip at the elbow that bends instead of a plastic joint. You'll get about 80 degrees movement. Don't know about the knees, I assume they're like a standard TT. It looks good - at the cost of articulation.

The Rubber muscle bodies get at most 90 Degrees of rotation at the elbows. if you Push it and risk breaking, you can get a LITTLE more. 180 or so at the shoulders, unless the arms are separate from the body, like on Dutch. With dutch, the elbows are still only 90, but the shoulders can do a 360.

On The governator and wolverine bodies, you can get a full 360- out of the shoulders, and roughly 90 out of the elbows.

Yes. Very limited articulation. I almost do not prefer them. I can barely move Wolverines arms between the muscle body, the shirt, adn the jacket.

But Wolverine doesn't have the "skin suit" does he? It still limited articulation?

hot-toys-unveils-wolverine-figure-20090811045435789.jpg

I'm not familiar with the figure you're talking about. Does it use the rubber sleeves, or are the muscles sculpted onto the plastic? I ask because my question refers to both types. I'm curious about the non-sleeve muscle bodies, and the sleeves.

The Comedian body seems quite popular. And you could also use Perseus body. Both of those have the muscles sculpted into the plastic.

The Rubber muscle bodies get at most 90 Degrees of rotation at the elbows. if you Push it and risk breaking, you can get a LITTLE more. 180 or so at the shoulders, unless the arms are separate from the body, like on Dutch. With dutch, the elbows are still only 90, but the shoulders can do a 360.

On The governator and wolverine bodies, you can get a full 360- out of the shoulders, and roughly 90 out of the elbows.

Actually, that makes sense. A True Type usually has that double elbow joint making more than 90 degrees possible, but the Sculpted muscle arms only have the one joint.

Actually, that makes sense. A True Type usually has that double elbow joint making more than 90 degrees possible, but the Sculpted muscle arms only have the one joint.

This is correct. The muscle bodys have a sculpted bicep that's immovable and the single joint limits the articulation whereas the 2nd joint on the TT compensates for a bicep that would otherwise flex out of the way with the folding of the arm. One of the major reasons why I don't dig the Wolverine-style elbows HT's now using. They remind me of the early 2000's Hasbro Joe body.

For me personally, acute angles prevail. I am willing to make my character just a tad scrawny if it means he can touch his own face.

If he is wearing clothes, then definitely the way to go. If his arms are exposed those elbow joints can be distracting...

Put it this way. I had a friend over the other day. I showed him my nurse Joker. The first thing he said was "to bad you see those joints."

Another thing with rubber-muscled bodies is that you can't keep it in extreme poses too long. It'll tear the rubber over time.

Well, since your biggest deciding factor seems to be elbows that bend to acute angles while being somewhat more muscular than a standard True-Type, your best bet would be HT's new Advanced TT body:

ht-ttm16-lg.jpg

It has thicker arms and thighs than a standard TT.

Back