Statue Queen Studios: Spider-Man (Tom Holland) Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Cb9tO3u.jpg

Awesome news I?ve been trying to track down there first Spider-Man Bust, now I don?t need it. Love your work QS.
These guys are going to send me broke, so many on that list I could buy.
Wish that Gladiator Hulk was movie version though with Thor in 1/4 scale, wow that would be awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing most of these, they do amazing things

But, yes, very pricey

Awesome news I?ve been trying to track down there first Spider-Man Bust, now I don?t need it. Love your work QS.
These guys are going to send me broke, so many on that list I could buy.
Wish that Gladiator Hulk was movie version though with Thor in 1/4 scale, wow that would be awesome.

That was my first thought too.

I’ve never particularly liked their original Spider-Man bust. It’s overscaled and the texturing wasn’t all that accurate.

This is going to be really special, they already nailed the likeness at 1/4 scale

Queen Studios Collectibles said:
Iron Spider-Man Life-Size Bust
R.S.V.P Now: Iron_Spider_Man_RSVP
Pre-Order Starts: 17th September 2021 20:00
(GMT+8)
----------------------------------------------------
Product Information:
BRAND: QUEEN STUDIOS
LICENSE: MARVEL
PRODUCT NAME: IRON SPIDER-MAN LIFE-SIZE BUST
PRODUCT MATERIAL: Platinum silicone
PRODUCT SIZE:72cm(H) x50cm (W) x35cm (D)
EDITION SIZE: 888Pcs
ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE: QUARTER 4 2022
Availability
USA
Taiwan
Hong Kong
Macau
South Korea
South-East Asia
Europe
Japan
ABOUT THE CHARACTER
The Iron Spider like you’ve never seen him before. The friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man will have to use his wit, strength, and Spider Sense to help the rest of the Avengers to stop Thanos from obtaining the infinity stones and destroying all life. Queen studios introduces the beloved web slinger in 1/1 life-size scale in action with his masterful Iron Spider suit. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man made his first appearance in the MCU in Captain America: Civil war, and since then his determination, love of science and boisterousness has been capturing the hearts of fans across the globe.
ABOUT THE HEAD SCULPT
After months of tireless work, the Queen Studios team are proud to introduce the latest hyper-real collectible bust from Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War.
Expertly crafted, this 1/1 life-size bust captures Peter Parker (Tom Holland) as we saw him on the big screen. To recreate the characters likeness, Queen Studios’ artists have used top-grade silicone to produce Parker’s life-like skin, before painting each pore, furrow and freckle to make the likeness unmistakable. For Holland’s hair, the artists have painstakingly punched each strand one by one into the silicone, before cutting and trimming. Finally, to add the finishing touches, the team have selected the finest quality glass eyes to tie the whole bust together.
ABOUT THE BODY AND BASE
The Iron Spider amour, also known as Item 17A, was designed and built by Tony Stark for Peter Parker to use as one of the newest members of the Avengers.
Masterfully built, the armour retains the inconic Spider-Man red and blue, but this time with a metalic look with gold trim.
The Queen Studios team has sculpted the Iron Spider armor with stunning accuracy and attention to detail. The red and blue armour is painted using cutting edge techniques, and the base is designed in the same colour scheme, with easter eggs from the movie featuring strongly.

vWBU1Nj.jpg

Azb5zrz.jpg

Y5MZrvD.jpg

pT2r5J2.jpg

hGN4NGZ.jpg

yhP9piQ.jpg

EaZvY6l.jpg

FculiP3.jpg

thUYqEn.jpg

OvzgiKv.jpg

m8mALOp.jpg

kR9nzzT.jpg

GpcnNNj.jpg

nm6I5A9.jpg

a1GqCrY.jpg

Ep3pz76.jpg

SQIfoTg.jpg

rxuFe31.jpg

I4Qkyt3.jpg

jhBEbw2.jpg

His jowls look weird at certain angles. Decent likeness but not 100% there. So little room for error at 1:1z
Yeah there's a bit of a debate on the other forum about that. IMO it looks spot on, his jowls are pronounced

That price is ridiculous. Are they charging more simply because of the license and USA product availability?

The Joker bust had an entire other scene on the back of it and is cheaper than this bust, which has a less complicated base. I was very excited for this piece, but after seeing the price maybe I should save myself money and go hunt down the original Iron Spider.

Impressive prototype.

I'm at the point, however, where I need to see reliable consistency with production samples before I get excited about the amazing things they can achieve with a one-off.

YT reviewers generally get good samples. Are they all cherry picked?
I just want to see regular consumers, not people hawking their YT channels, posting good pics and/or positive reviews.

Part of this comment from Queen on their FB page rubs me the wrong way, "As for the high price, we have chosen an even higher quality silicone to work which has increased the costs. And we understand it is much high for collectors with normal salaries."

I'm getting a feeling that they're aware they're pricing out of the range of normal collectors but they don't care. Their attitude with this release is making me reconsider every Queen Studios piece I have on order. I was going to get the entire 1/4 Iron Man line, but my respect for this company has tanked with their response to this. Is the silicone that they're using made of diamonds? What does that say about the silicone they used in previous busts?

Queen Studios has delay after delay, and who even knows how this bust would hold up if it got left in a sorting facility for upwards of 60-90 days like we're currently seeing. Very disappointing all around.

Part of this comment from Queen on their FB page rubs me the wrong way, "As for the high price, we have chosen an even higher quality silicone to work which has increased the costs. And we understand it is much high for collectors with normal salaries."

I'm getting a feeling that they're aware they're pricing out of the range of normal collectors but they don't care. Their attitude with this release is making me reconsider every Queen Studios piece I have on order. I was going to get the entire 1/4 Iron Man line, but my respect for this company has tanked with their response to this. Is the silicone that they're using made of diamonds? What does that say about the silicone they used in previous busts?

Queen Studios has delay after delay, and who even knows how this bust would hold up if it got left in a sorting facility for upwards of 60-90 days like we're currently seeing. Very disappointing all around.

I mean, if they’re targeting a higher paying consumer i don’t see what the issue is?

It’s not like their products are low quality, you pay for what you get. Clearly they charge high prices because they can, otherwise why wouldn’t they? They’re a business at the end of the day. They don’t care if you can’t afford it, they have thousands of consumers who can.

I love their bust line, but it’s beyond my budget. I think the prices are crazy, but like i said, if you deliver a premium product i don’t begrudge a business charging premium prices.

I think Hot Toys figurines have become ridiculously over priced too, but…they’re a company, they want to make money. It is what it is.

I agree that they can price it what they want to, if it's too expensive for you then don't buy it. This isn't meant for normal collectors, it's meant for the rich

My only gripe is that they say it's even higher quality silicone. This material is still an unknown, as nobody has had queen's busts for 5, 10 years or over. If I'd bought their previous busts, I'd be wondering how long mine would last, and how is it inferior

Back