Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh yeah I forget all that sometimes. :( I just don't get how Asmus can get so far with DMC, and even Iconiq seems to be ramping up SF, yet we barely get any new 1/6 RE figures, all those characters are so figure-worthy, so sad. :monkey2

Riiight?? I don’t get it either! I’m grateful Asmus got as far with DMC as they did, but the situation with RE2 was bizarre. It was like…they revealed it one year, then THREE years later or something like that, they finally came out.

I’m sure the pandemic had something to do with the long production time…but the blank expression held those figures back from greatness.

OGC.09d2dd89557a4434fe74d2c5f5fbeee0

6CMh1yl.gif

Excluding any anime figures, the only certainty of getting me to pull the InArt trigger would be Supernatural (would someone finally get Jensen Ackles right?) or a Barnabas Collins. That’s pretty much it. So I think I’m safe.

If InArt could make more realistic versions of anime characters I'd buy lol, something closer to a video game character. Anime figures can be very cool and I understand why people want them, personally I don't think it translates well to 1/6, but I'm interested to see if InArt can make me think otherwise with their Chainsaw Man figures.

Last edited:
If InArt could make more realistic versions of anime characters I'd buy lol, something closer to a video game character. Anime figures can be very cool and I understand why people want them, personally I don't think it translates well to 1/6, but I'm interested to see if InArt can make me think otherwise with their Chainsaw Man figures.

Definitely lots of anime figures that translate well into 1/6

Me personally I have never understood why people want anime characters to look realistic, I want them to actually look like they are out of the anime/manga

Definitely lots of anime figures that translate well into 1/6

Me personally I have never understood why people want anime characters to look realistic, I want them to actually look like they are out of the anime/manga
Yeah just to me from the ones I've seen I think 1/6 is too big for the lack of detail, like with the eyes and other details. I buy Mondo X-Men so I'm not against cartoon figures lol, it's just my personal taste. As for the realistic thing, I was kind of joking, I think InArt wouldn't be using their full potential on mostly undetailed characters, and Threezero is already doing it, plus I was concerned it would slow down their output of other licenses. I do like some smaller scale anime figures. Also, what Blitzway is doing is with Dr.BB and others is fantastic.

Also, characters like GITS Motoko have appeared with many looks and varying detail, so they could make her in a more "realistic" or detailed style like in digital art or the CG intro of SAC, as opposed to her lack of detail in still frames from SAC (which was done only to make the animation easier). I'd buy that instantly lol. Anyway, I didn't want to argue, I'll drop it, there's just not much new stuff to talk about lol

Last edited:
I wonder what 1/6 figure JND was teasing might be shown this year, maybe we need a JND thread like this so we can all speculate lol. I'm very curious to see what they make since they also have DC licenses, not sure if both InArt and JND can make the same character for the same markets.

their other products are so hit or miss to me I'm not very interested in them entering the scene, but we shall see.

All this talk about going back 20 years is fantastic and just makes me want them to make a Harold Lloyd figure more and more.

It'll be interesting to see what JND is cooking up because if I recall they made their announcement that they were entering the 1/6 figure world before InArt, and they've still got nothing to show for it.

JND talk and charge big, but their final figures miss the mark more often than not.

A sixth scale Indy from Last Crusade is possible since they have the license for that film.

I swear if JND’s 1st figure is TDK Joker…

IMG_1131.jpeg

These are the only ICONS I can think of that fit the bill of Legendary:

Bruce Lee
Indiana Jones (honestly, I don’t know about that anymore. His last movie did abysmally at the BO)
Reeve Superman

…I can’t think of anything else. Help me out here fellas.

I think no matter who they reveal to be their first figure, it will both excite and disappoint.

But good lord no more TDK Joker.

Doesn't JND have a pretty successful Suicide Squad Harley statue? We haven't had one of those on the market for a long time, and the HT is very sought after. That'd be an interesting starting point.

If their Harley looks AMAZING with no margin for error, I suppose??

But JND said it’s a legendary, iconic character…or something like that.

I’d love for a Harley figure. But will it be a strong enough “flagship” piece to turn heads?

Back