Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s literally the opposite of what he said.

He used the HP and LotR fanbases as examples of collectors who want a seriously deep line, but he says immediately afterwards that the more they stray from the most iconic protagonists, the more they’re likely to lose a bunch of money since sale numbers will be heavily considered when IA determines what figures to make in general.
He meant the main protagonists, and he mentioned from HP the caretaker as an example of what they wont do. So he meant the main characters not everything. But with "deep" I meant not only 3 characters like Harry, Hermione and Ron will be made from the HP franchise just like they wont bother with more than the members of the Fellowship for Lotr (if at all), obviously they wont do characters they cant sell in certain numbers. They would need to engage the community to see what numbers they can expect for different franchises.
Thats why I wrote earlier in another thread that certain wishes like Arwen or Galadriel or Haldir wont be made as those arent going to sell in the thousands.

Last edited:
See and for me that works. For franchises like Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings I’m not the most diehard fan but would enjoy having some key characters.

It seems like any time they’ve brought up licenses it tends to be films from like 2000s onwards. Not really sure if they plan to focus on much of anything that skews older.
Then I'm going to need InArt to make me a 2006 Superman Returns, please and thank you!

It seems like any time they’ve brought up licenses it tends to be films from like 2000s onwards. Not really sure if they plan to focus on much of anything that skews older.
With each passing year, any older 80-90 property gets thinner and thinner in popularity. Hollywood producing ****** sequels, remakes and reboots hasn't helped. They already mentioned this a while back with Batman Returns, that Keaton's overall popularity as Batman is way down than what it used to be.

Just look at Hot Toys. It's crazy that we've gotten 2 Anne Hathaway Catwoman figures and yet we still don't have a single company producing a Pfeiffer Catwoman. Mars is taking 20 years to make theirs and Hot Toys has sat on the license for over 10 years now. They're only doing a 2.0 Batman to hold onto the license.

The early 2000s era is probably a better sweet spot for INART since you can better catch a wider range of people who grew up with movies in that time. I have my fingers crossed that they get the license for Terminator in 1/6 though. Crazy to me that no one has done a Kyle Reese from T1.

With each passing year, any older 80-90 property gets thinner and thinner in popularity. Hollywood producing ****** sequels, remakes and reboots hasn't helped. They already mentioned this a while back with Batman Returns, that Keaton's overall popularity as Batman is way down than what it used to be.

Just look at Hot Toys. It's crazy that we've gotten 2 Anne Hathaway Catwoman figures and yet we still don't have a single company producing a Pfeiffer Catwoman. Mars is taking 20 years to make theirs and Hot Toys has sat on the license for over 10 years now. They're only doing a 2.0 Batman to hold onto the license.

The early 2000s era is probably a better sweet spot for INART since you can better catch a wider range of people who grew up with movies in that time. I have my fingers crossed that they get the license for Terminator in 1/6 though. Crazy to me that no one has done a Kyle Reese from T1.
Yeah I understand it for sure. There’s always a segment of collectors who yearn for the figures from films of years past.

Not that I don’t sometimes fit that myself, but I understand from a company perspective why those properties are no longer the focus. Not even just InArt but Hot Toys or other companies as well.

I think it’s fairly lucky that we get the occasional bone thrown our way like the new Robocop or Keaton Batman. I get why those aren’t the main focus though.

Last edited:
With what InArt have so far, they ARE off to a very very good start. The IPs they’ve acquired:

BVS
The Batman
TDK
LOTR
HPotter
Dune
IT

I’m aware there are collectors that couldn’t care less for Superhero figures, but they bring in money. Also, for MANY years we’ve had nothing but mediocre DC figures from HT…so collector JohnDoe may feel it’s a retread on old ground, but they gotta remember: the figures we got before are obsolete and fans like myself are desperately waiting for that moment we can finally be happy and proud to own PROPER representations of Cavill-man, batfleck, WW, Baleman etc. etc.

The aforementioned IPs can sustain them for at least 2 years. but once they burn through the mains…what’s next? As much as I want side characters like Arwen, Galadriel, Hagrid, Snape, G.Oldman characters like Sirius and Gordon…would they sell? Is there a market for IA to pursue these figures? I’m leaning on “No”.

Man, I struggle to come up with anything worth producing that is recognizable in both western and eastern markets. 80s-90s IPs are DOA if IA can’t get western distribution. If they miraculously get clearance for that, without a doubt they’ll aggressively pursue the franchises we 40 year olds grew up on😅. But as of now, it’s an uphill battle for IA…and I’m sure they’re up to the challenge.

As much as I like The Matrix…it isn’t the heavy hitter some feel it is. If it were, we would’ve seen HT milk the crap out of it by now.

It’s a shame Anime and video game IPs aren’t considered. There’s so much potential in those.

I think they can do better than BBTS with their fake $4 shipping. Lol! They probably have good logistics but their prices haven't been competitive lately.

Entertainment Earth offers free shipping and aren't as marked up as BBTS. They have good logistics as well as far as I what I have experienced.

I think they can do better than BBTS with their fake $4 shipping. Lol! They probably have good logistics but their prices haven't been competitive lately.
Completely agree, but BBTS is probably one of, if not the best known stateside sites that sell higher end collectibles and would pretty much be free advertising

They're asked a lot about games like the Arkham series, for me if they made RE4 remake figures I'd lose it lol. The RE movies were huge in China too so maybe there's a chance (I'm dreaming lol). Very curious about Wonder Festival!

Last edited:
They're asked a lot about games like the Arkham series, for me if they made RE4 remake figures I'd lose it lol. The RE movies were huge in China too so maybe there's a chance (I'm dreaming lol). Very curious about Wonder Festival!

Not just the movies, but the game series are super popular too.

I’d love for IA to get a hold of that IP…but based on what I’ve read in the REmake 2 thread…capcom are pretty awful with merchandising. Especially with regards to expressions and what have you…and it took Damtoys forever to release their figures.

So I don’t know what the hold up is…but by the time RE2 figs came out, RE4 had been announced.

I don’t know if it’s worth the hassle for IA to get the IP just so we can get 2 figures max in the span of 5 years due to capcom being ***hats.

Not just the movies, but the game series are super popular too.

I’d love for IA to get a hold of that IP…but based on what I’ve read in the REmake 2 thread…capcom are pretty awful with merchandising. Especially with regards to expressions and what have you…and it took Damtoys forever to release their figures.

So I don’t know what the hold up is…but by the time RE2 figs came out, RE4 had been announced.

I don’t know if it’s worth the hassle for IA to get the IP just so we can get 2 figures max in the span of 5 years due to capcom being ***hats.
Ugh yeah I forget all that sometimes. :( I just don't get how Asmus can get so far with DMC, and even Iconiq seems to be ramping up SF, yet we barely get any new 1/6 RE figures, all those characters are so figure-worthy, so sad. :monkey2

Back