Queen Studios: Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
TDK4sMW.jpg

LC8qhzv.jpg

I wish the Tom Holland bust had this level of quality and realism. Hopefully it looks just as good from the front.

Bona fide "holy s&$#" moment when I opened this page and saw the first image. Likeness is spot on.

Interesting that Queen took down the post discussing the "exclusivity" of this bust. Guess the backlash was too strong.

All of their other busts should be made at this level of quality. It's impressive.

Interesting that Queen took down the post discussing the "exclusivity" of this bust. Guess the backlash was too strong.

All of their other busts should be made at this level of quality. It's impressive.
I don't think they're going to find a fair way of releasing such a good piece with such a small ES, people are going to miss out or have to pay through the nose to get him

I don't think they're going to find a fair way of releasing such a good piece with such a small ES, people are going to miss out or have to pay through the nose to get him

Frankly if they’re adamant about the low edition size, the way they originally chose to do it was imo the fairest way to do it (maybe decrease option 1 to $5-6K and change option 2 to only one of the previous 2, and or increase it to other busts). In that it targeted collectors who had supported them. Whenever a company does it any other way, collectors here and elsewhere explode that one or another country was given beneficial treatment. Many times because websites always are having issues. At least this way, they’re less likely to piss off people who are actually willing to spend their money with them.

With the negative reaction on the other forum I posted a question, asking whether anyone who intended to preorder the Strange bust (if it came out as well as we hope) would be adversely affected and prevented from qualifying. No one there at least has yet to said they were.

If you’re collecting their busts, it doesn’t take many pieces to qualify under Option 1.

Not including my dozen or so Queen pieces that I already have in hand, I also have 14 pieces on preorder that totals almost $24,000 USD (I was shocked after I added it all up after watching that 25K video that BSC did). And it’s not like I ordered all of their pieces. I skipped all of their 1/4 scale DC pieces, 1/4 scale Iron Man pieces, full life size statues, most of their 1/2 scale IM and a few others.

Last edited:
I guess it's a bit like the JND pieces right? Just do a live release and whoever gets one, gets one? Set a reminder or alarm in your phone, everyone :ROFLMAO: Not sure if that's the best way to do it or what Queen's going to do now that they've taken down the exclusivity clause.

Qualifying isn't an issue for me, but I'm expecting this bust to cost around $5,000 so I don't think it's something I can afford either way. As much as I'd love to buy it, I have to remind myself I don't love Doctor Strange enough to splurge. Going to have to wait for the 1/4 scale.

I guess it's a bit like the JND pieces right? Just do a live release and whoever gets one, gets one? Set a reminder or alarm in your phone, everyone :ROFLMAO: Not sure if that's the best way to do it or what Queen's going to do now that they've taken down the exclusivity clause.

Qualifying isn't an issue for me, but I'm expecting this bust to cost around $5,000 so I don't think it's something I can afford either way. As much as I'd love to buy it, I have to remind myself I don't love Doctor Strange enough to splurge. Going to have to wait for the 1/4 scale.

I’m pretty much in the same boat.

I have way too many preorders, that I’m thinking I might have to pass on this. I’m trying to keep my big purchases to primary characters like the main three to five in a team, or exceptional pieces for level 2 characters.

The issue is that Doctor Strange is rising in importance with every movie so I don’t know what to do. As I’ve still got Cap and Thor to preorder probably this year. And I wouldn’t be shocked if they release unmasked versions for Cap and IM eventually.

……. And of course lack of space, the bane of all collectors.

I’m pretty much in the same boat.

I have way too many preorders, that I’m thinking I might have to pass on this. I’m trying to keep my big purchases to primary characters like the main three to five in a team, or exceptional pieces for level 2 characters.

The issue is that Doctor Strange is rising in importance with every movie so I don’t know what to do. As I’ve still got Cap and Thor to preorder probably this year. And I wouldn’t be shocked if they release unmasked versions for Cap and IM eventually.

……. And of course lack of space, the bane of all collectors.
It's a tough boat to be in, especially when this is arguably the best Marvel bust I've seen from Queen.

I'm waiting for that unmasked IM bust. I know Queen is having issues getting the license for whatever reason, but that's (obviously) my "grail" bust. I really hope someday they're able to make it.

It looks amazing here. But I also thought the Iron Spider bust looked very good in their promo pictures, and the videos and images from WonderCon left me with concerns about the actual production quality of pieces like these. Not a fan of that name plate. At least when Queen has done them in the past they try to stylize them. This one looks like a Hot Toys plate.

Pains me to pass on this one, but I have to remind myself I'm not a bust collector :ROFLMAO: At least I'm trying not to be one. I would almost rather ask Queen to switch my PO to this instead of Iron Spider (although I know that wouldn't happen).

Get it while it's hot, on your favourite online site. After all the talk of requirements and low ES, you still have your chance

Back