Premium Format Queen of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruin what? The facebook groups taking ****** pics club? Dime a dozen...

I'm grateful I don't have to try to track down these pics, only to find out they weren't worth the trouble of tracking down...

Thanks for posting 'em...

Edit: Also the distinct lack of back/butt shots makes me sad...

wMMKRq0.gif

Last edited:
These pics are horrible. Why do people post blurry and badly lit pictures?

That being said, I do appreciate you posting them.

Agreed. Looks good so far.

For some reason the statue and figure gods only know, it seems that it you are one of the first people to receive a piece, it's predetermined you will be taking crappy photos which will inevitably create a massive panic among the collecting community :lol

Any guesses on how many people will now panic and cancel due to these pictures? :wink1:

The guy who posted the pics said that he was not supposed to even be taking them which is why they are hurried and blurred and so few. My guess is he's a guy from the paint factory or someone who got into those shipping containers.

At any rate, I had cancelled my QUeen order way back for 2 reasons:
1. I had a multitude of pre-orderers and became uncertain of jumping on her
2. Vids from the con revealed all the statues from the CotD line and I felt in terms of sculpt and size, many of them outclassed her and took over as favorites, especially Cleopsis and Lord Death himself. Queen seemed 'basic' by comparison.

Despite my best efforts I am becoming more intrigued by this one now that some pics have surfaced, but I still wish Mark Newman didn't do the face sculpt, he has a way of making all the female portrait look similar no matter what character, he also sculpts them with an egg-heady proportion. IMO his femal face sculpts make them all look like the girl from SPLICE.

It looks fantastic from those poor quality photos. One thing I've noticed that bothers me about the design is how big and, almost cartoony, the eyes look. It also somehow makes her look like an older woman I think. :dunno

Her facial features in the Artgerm print are much different.

Wow I didn't know that she had begun shipping (even to select few)... but even in the garbage photos, she looks stunning!

Can't wait to get my hands on her! :drool

To me, she still looks hot even with those crappy "stealth" photos. So are these done in China? Are we looking at a month shipping plus the month or two delay at the dock???

The guy who posted the pics said that he was not supposed to even be taking them which is why they are hurried and blurred and so few. My guess is he's a guy from the paint factory or someone who got into those shipping containers.

That's smart take picture at work of something you're not supposed to. Then put it on the net for the whole world to see. I bet he'll have a big cartoon question mark above his head when they come to fire him. "How did they know it was me?"

2. Vids from the con revealed all the statues from the CotD line and I felt in terms of sculpt and size, many of them outclassed her and took over as favorites, especially Cleopsis and Lord Death himself. Queen seemed 'basic' by comparison.

Nice to see someone else who feels the same way. :) I always thought the Queen had one of the least interesting designs of all the COTD characters. I think they could have done a lot more with her.

Back