Prototypez Studios 1/4 Kingdom Come Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a great one too

I went with John Allred. I was really impressed with his portfolio. Here's a sample...

allred_zpsixtfspdh.jpg

I love the paint apps on the "older" Superman. Also, this is a good balance of Superman not being too bulky yet bulky enough.

BR, thanks for posting these. And Jeff, thanks for having your buddy create them. He looks so good in colour! Even find that I'm liking the traditional yellow/red colours more than I had anticipated... still think I'll keep it true to the KC storyline, but overall it's outstanding. Certainly top 2 anticipated pieces this year.

Out of curiosity, what colour will you have John do your base? I was thinking of going a bit more of a dark look... similar to the space craft or kryptonian command key finish in the Man of Steel, with a wet, black metallic, kryptonian look, if that makes any sense.

Saw these Photoshop pics on Facebook. Amazing

Lol. I posted those on FB. A friend of mine created them in Photoshop.

Out of curiosity, what colour will you have John do your base? I was thinking of going a bit more of a dark look... similar to the space craft or kryptonian command key finish in the Man of Steel, with a wet, black metallic, kryptonian look, if that makes any sense.

I was going to ask you the same question. i haven't decided yet. I want to page through the graphic novel and see if that gives me any ideas. John isn't painting mine until the end of the year, so I have plenty of time to consider it. Your idea sounds good, though.

I actually dug the graphic novel out a few days ago to flip through it for inspiration... found myself re-reading the story and not looking for inspiration. I'll give it some thought over the next few weeks to see if I wander from my original plan.

Just thinking on your photos, and it would have been cool if Erick had included a switch out head sculpt with a pony-tail. It would have suited the original yellow/red colours. Don't get me wrong, I was never a fan of the Superman mullet, but it is part of the KC story line, so it's not a huge departure for this statue.

From Erick over on Statue Forum:

"... extended the PO until end of February. Then we are off to printing in March, and casting around April."

Quite excited to see this printed.

I'm hoping enough late KC Superman sales get generated where we can see another release or two. Captain Marvel would be great. February is the end of the sale, guys. Get it while you can!

I ordered one. Wish it came painted. With a Top Painter paint job and back and forth shipping, this will end up costing over $1200.00 plus.

Does anyone know what happened to this company?
I ordered this Supeman months ago and now their website is shut down?
Did I just get beat for $500.00?

Does anyone know what happened to this company?
I ordered this Supeman months ago and now their website is shut down?
Did I just get beat for $500.00?

PrototypeZ is still going strong... Stronger than ever, according to my sources.

I spoke with Erick via email, and they had some printing issues with this piece, notably the patterning along the thighs, but all has been rectified, and he's going to casting this month.

Back