Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's that train in my city that's covered in this crap.

0nmitts.jpg

On the ceiling too.

agRcPeW.jpg

z1C3hvs.jpg

It goes through to every car.

I took them quickly from my seat so I didn't take many.

Still better than having the train covered in ads for Big Macs and other heart attacks masquerading as food. :lol

Well.... seeing what the engineer did to him, can u blame

I understand that, but prior to that it almost looked like it took pity on him. I seriously doubt that's the reason for him doing this.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I understand that, but prior to that it almost looked like it took pity on him. I seriously doubt that's the reason for him doing this.

Spoiler Spoiler:

can you explain a little bit more on the speculation? im confused.

can you explain a little bit more on the speculation? im confused.

I've just seen quite a few theory videos on YT talking about it, that there was a civil war between them. There's no proof, but they're going by how there's two distinct versions of them.

I've just seen quite a few theory videos on YT talking about it, that there was a civil war between them. There's no proof, but they're going by how there's two distinct versions of them.

I think the different "factions" thing is a given, It's like expecting people from earth, from different countries, races, religions, classes, etc to look the same, there's bound to be differences within any society, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily opposite or against each other in the case of the engineers.

I think it's what Janek said, that was a military base of sorts, and space jockeys were either scientists, explorers, travelers or army men, and the ones in the intro were priests doing their ritual, as culturally advanced civilizations do, just different strata of the same society, with that in mind; it reminded me to that quote at the beginning of the 2010 book:

"And because, in all the Galaxy, they had found nothing more precious than Mind, they encouraged its dawning everywhere. They became farmers in the fields of stars; they sowed, and sometimes they reaped. And sometimes, dispassionately, they had to weed."

I think they simply saw how degenerate us humans had become, that humanity spreading across the cosmos was a risk, like a disease, so they were to snuff us, incidentally that was the same conclusion reached by the Alien race mentioned in the quote above, and they had the same intention of destroying us.

As for David, I agree with both of you, I think his main purpose for doing what he did in that concept art was gaining more knowledge via experimentation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hint of sardonic payback in his actions, after all, he's a passive aggressive ****, there's definitely some self-awareness in that android.

Man, everything about the Prometheus-verse is super interesting at concept level, if the movie wasn't so shoddily written I would take Scott's vision any day easily over what the franchise became with Cameron and Aliens.

Prometheus at concept level captures what Alien is supposed to be about; cosmic horror.

Last edited:
I think the different "factions" thing is a given, It's like expecting people from earth, from different countries, races, religions, classes, etc to look the same, there's bound to be differences within any society, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily opposite or against each other in the case of the engineers.

I think it's what Janek said, that was a military base of sorts, and space jockeys were either scientists, explorers, travelers or army men, and the ones in the intro were priests doing their ritual, as culturally advanced civilizations do, just different strata of the same society, with that in mind; it reminded me to that quote at the beginning of the 2010 book:

"And because, in all the Galaxy, they had found nothing more precious than Mind, they encouraged its dawning everywhere. They became farmers in the fields of stars; they sowed, and sometimes they reaped. And sometimes, dispassionately, they had to weed."

I think they simply saw how degenerate us humans had become, that humanity spreading across the cosmos was a risk, like a disease, so they were to snuff us, incidentally that was the same conclusion reached by the Alien race mentioned in the quote above, and they had the same intention of destroying us.

As for David, I agree with both of you, I think his main purpose for doing what he did in that concept art was gaining more knowledge via experimentation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hint of sardonic payback in his actions, after all, he's a passive aggressive ****, there's definitely some self-awareness in that android.

Man, everything about the Prometheus-verse is super interesting at concept level, if the movie wasn't so shoddily written I would take Scott's vision any day easily over what the franchise became with Cameron and Aliens.

Prometheus at concept level captures what Alien is supposed to be about; cosmic horror.

I think in his own way, he "loved" his creator. David did seem to care about his creator. Not just following orders but caring for him.

His creator when to the engineers expecting more life and the engineer destroyed his maker.

I think in his own way, he "loved" his creator. David did seem to care about his creator. Not just following orders but caring for him.

His creator when to the engineers expecting more life and the engineer destroyed his maker.

I don't think he loved him as much as he expected his approval as a father figure; there can't possibly be love in David, he's literally Pinocchio, he just wanted to be acknowledged as a real boy, but I think at one point he may realize he's better than a real boy, or just randomly started doing experiments to gain knowledge since he no longer had a purpose.

Point is; I very much doubt something as trite as pedestrian as "you kill dad" is his motivation, one; Because Scott clearly has his aim on higher concepts, and 2; Because at least I hope it isn't, it'd be grounds to discard this movie as easily as Prometheus on bad writing and characterization.

I don't think he loved him as much as he expected his approval as a father figure; there can't possibly be love in David, he's literally Pinocchio, he just wanted to be acknowledged as a real boy, but I think at one point he may realize he's better than a real boy, or just randomly started doing experiments to gain knowledge since he no longer had a purpose.

Point is; I very much doubt something as trite as pedestrian as "you kill dad" is his motivation, at least I hope it isn't, it'd be grounds to discard this movie as easily as Prometheus on bad writing and characterization.

As much as a robot can love

0322d4cfcba29634756ec23352779516.jpg

Im not saying thats the biggest or only motivation but david seems like a robot that would hold a grudge

Back