Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not.

I don't know if I'm reading into it too much, but with all the trailers and marketing being done for this... makes me wonder if the brass at Fox know this is a dud. Seems quite desperate to get asses in the seats.

Could be but they may also know that its going to be a big hit too. Remember this was scheduled for August and Fox moved it up in part I'm sure because Ridley wrapped it up much quicker than expected but there was also a lot of buzz around how confident Fox was in the film. That still may not be saying much since its Fox but I'm just being hopeful that we will get a great Alien movie.

Having just re-read that last line above I realized how silly it was for me to say the words - "a great Alien movie" but I remain optimistic.

Could be but they may also know that its going to be a big hit too.

hkXmeNA.gif

They're certainly making a huge effort to market this film. It's hard to imagine it'll pay off, though.
I'm sure it'll make decent money, but I don't know if decent money will be enough with the kind of marketing they're putting behind it.

They're certainly making a huge effort to market this film. It's hard to imagine it'll pay off, though.
I'm sure it'll make decent money, but I don't know if decent money will be enough with the kind of marketing they're putting behind it.

That's my point exactly. Prometheus made good money, but those trailers interested me far more than anything we've seen shown in this.

I still can't comprehend we jumped two movies ahead, and were getting an interquel...

I don't know....I am still hopeful this turns out great. I am one of the few who like Prometheus quite a bit. My hope is they didn't abandon that storyline completely in service of pleasing the masses who want to see lots of Aliens. I want to know more about the Engineers and why they decided humanity was going to be destroyed. It seems like this film is a reaction to those who just want to see more of a reboot of Alien.

That said, I am still anxious as hell to see this. I love the first 3 Alien films and like Prometheus quite a lot. I want to see a great next film in the series. My fear is they want a series that will just go on and on and Scott is already pretty old to be tackling a series of films with no end in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know....I am still hopeful this turns out great. I am one of the few who like Prometheus quite a bit. My hope is they didn't abandon that storyline completely in service of pleasing the masses who want to see lots of Aliens. I want to know more about the Engineers and why they decided humanity was going to be destroyed. It seems like this film is a reaction to those who just want to see more of a reboot of Alien.

That said, I am still anxious as hell to see this. I love the first 3 Alien films and like Prometheus quite a lot. I want to see a great next film in the series. My fear is they want a series that will just go on and on and Scott is already pretty old to be tackling a series of films with no end in sight.

I like the idea of Prometheus far more than the actual film. They should of stuck with the original script.

As for Covenant... it's like whatever... they moved away from the back story of the Engineers an are doing Alien Redux.

I like the idea of Prometheus far more than the actual film. They should of stuck with the original script.

As for Covenant... it's like whatever... they moved away from the back story of the Engineers an are doing Alien Redux.

I agree that I like the ideas in Prometheus much more than the final product. But it's a beautiful film visually with some good performances by Fassbender, Rapace and Idris Elba. The guy who played Charlie....I wanted to throat punch him in most scenes.

I agree that I like the ideas in Prometheus much more than the final product. But it's a beautiful film visually with some good performances by Fassbender, Rapace and Idris Elba. The guy who played Charlie....I wanted to throat punch him in most scenes.

I concur with all that. It's a beautiful film, I don't think anyone can refute that.

...maybe RIDDICK :lol

I won't.
Modern Ridley Scott is a old fart who can't understand sci-fi but he's still a great visualist.

He definitely doesn't understand it. But is it really his fault? A lot of people didn't like Brometheus... is this just a byproduct of that trying to appease fans?

Regardless, retreading old ground with old troupes... while it may be a more fun film than the last one... we've been there... we've seen that.

Sure doesn't help that it's got amateur level CGI talent behind it.

sequels and reboots, that's pretty much ALL that Hollywood does these days anymore it seems. Usually over the year if you get 8 original, non-sequel or reboot movies it's a lot.

I will always hate that brometheus costs us a At the Mountains of Madness movie.
That is a much better story than brometheus

it did?

Holy **** I hate Prometheus now.

Universal was going to green lit guillermo del toro's at the mountains of madness but they requested that it be pg 13.
Guillermo said " it wont have gore but it will be creepy and scary" they were trying to work the movie around when brometheus came out and then uni was like " sorry but this movie would be too close to brometheus, we cant make it"

Guillermo del taco has never even watched brometheus because he feels too angry about it

Universal was going to green lit guillermo del toro's at the mountains of madness but they requested that it be pg 13.
Guillermo said " it wont have gore but it will be creepy and scary" they were trying to work the movie around when brometheus came out and then uni was like " sorry but this movie would be too close to brometheus, we cant make it"

Guillermo del taco has never even watched brometheus because he feels too angry about it
Awwwwe.

This makes me angry.

Not so angry because The Void is about to come out but a little angry.

Hopefully we see some Del Taco HPL some time.

Back