Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone with better Photoshop skills than I, widen the stance for everyone to see how it would look?

Just to clear a few things up...

This piece is a Statue and not a Maquette (this was a VERY recent change as yes it had been called a Maquette in the past).

This piece is quite large but I do not believe it is a true 1/4 representation of the Engineer. Given how tall the character is in the film in order for it to be true 1/4 it would need to be somewhat bigger. Again though...this is NOT a tiny piece by any means. Hopefully folks seeing it next to the Alien Legendary Scale Bust in Comic-Con pics can get a good idea of it's overall size. I believe there is a photo or two of folks standing next to the podium this piece was displayed on that could help in getting a general idea of size as well (I hope at least).

-SideshowAlex

He's not that much bigger than a grown man. Why not just add the extra inch or two and make it a 1:4 maquette? :dunno

5bf8f26a4b29438982d7969804aa2eab_zps04da1be8.jpg

6efec8831ce33de122bd441731b36cbf_zps92c60069.jpg

Chris

Yeah the calves being joined is a recipe for casting issues and paint slop besides the fact it looks like he made whoopsie in his suit.

The mouth expression and the feet being too close is the problem just like the Vision PF, it's just not good and I don't see it even selling decently if they don't fix the whole thing.

I get why they chose that pose. I just don't think they thought it through.

The Engineer with the Earth hologram in his hands would have been a much more foreboding stance.

The Engineer as far as we've seen wasn't and elegant being, he was a monster.

You guys are right, he sure does look like he is holding something in, all those years with out a potty will do it. "ahhhh man gotta go..., now where was that damn bathroom again"...
David: This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life
imageedit__2167829882_zps859d0b52.gif

Just got bothered checking out the specs of an Engineer. 8+ feet tall on avp wikia which is probably about right tho I expected him to be 9 foot tall.

The engineers are supposed to be 9 feet tall. Ian Whyte in the engineer suit was probably only a little under 8 feet.

Dear Sideshow.
Please rethink this piece. If it's not 1/4 scale (it's obviously not 1/6) it matches nothing you have released yet for the Alien line. The cankle pose is very ****s pantsy. I hope it's not a "statue" in whatever scale so you can release a Deacon to go with it cos that thing is straight out of a 14 year old fan boys' diary who thought he saw Alien once.
Thanks.

I don't mind the size, however the leg pose is just not a great choice.

I don't really see SS changing anything though, and even if they don't I still will get it. It will still be the best, and maybe only, Engineer statue on the market.

Unfortunately I doubt much will change either. But this does need some sort of questioning. As a die hard Alien collector who has the whole 1/4 Alien line I want this to match.

Unfortunately I doubt much will change either. But this does need some sort of questioning. As a die hard Alien collector who has the whole 1/4 Alien line I want this to match.

I feel the same way. I own all the 1/4 Aliens as well and I was hoping that it would be around the same height as the rest. It would make for an impressive display! I have the Newborn as well and it looks kinda weird being so tiny compared to the rest, but I had to get it to complete the quadrilogy. What other choices do we really have? At the end of the day I don't think SS will go outta their way to please the fans though. Oh well.

Moonloop maybe right though. This may be the biggest statue of the engineer that we may ever get from any company. So besides the pose being kinda blah to me, I still may pick this up depending in price. Damn completest mentality! :lol

I feel the same way. I own all the 1/4 Aliens as well and I was hoping that it would be around the same height as the rest. It would make for an impressive display! I have the Newborn as well and it looks kinda weird being so tiny compared to the rest, but I had to get it to complete the quadrilogy. What other choices do we really have? At the end of the day I don't think SS will go outta their way to please the fans though. Oh well.

Moonloop maybe right though. This may be the biggest statue of the engineer that we may ever get from any company. So besides the pose being kinda blah to me, I still may pick this up depending in price. Damn completest mentality! :lol

I don't own any of the 1/4 Alien statues, I don't own any statues to be exact. This would be my first Sideshow statue, so that would be why the scale does not matter to me.

But I can totally see where you both are coming from, owning other pieces from the same film universe and you'd want the Engineer to be in scale with them. It is a head scratcher why it's not 1/4. I always thought most Sideshow statues were 1/4 unless it was a diorama, or a Jaeger.

Back