Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got this on top of a shelf sans the back wall and, as I feared, I really would prefer this with a simpler base.

Anyone know an artist who could manufacture a custom circular base for something like this, matching the key hole for the foot?

If not, I don't know if I can really justify keeping this. Its enormous size amplifies both its strengths and weaknesses, making my otherwise minor design gripes overwhelming.
Well, just letting you know I'd happily take it off your hands.. Still haven't heard anything from SC..

a117.jpg

a214.jpg

a314.jpg

a414.jpg

a514.jpg

a614.jpg

a814.jpg

a914.jpg

a1013.jpg

a1114.jpg

a1212.jpg

a1311.jpg

a1411.jpg

a1511.jpg

a1610.jpg

a1710.jpg

a1811.jpg

a1910.jpg

a2010.jpg

a2110.jpg

Wow pizza! Amazing photos here! Congratulations!!

You guys which head do you prefer??? I have the open mouth on the statue and the closed one into the bust but I am still doubting which one I like the most…

Wow pizza! Amazing photos here! Congratulations!!

You guys which head do you prefer??? I have the open mouth on the statue and the closed one into the bust but I am still doubting which one I like the most…
I prefer the closed mouth since Giger's head was never able to actually open its mouth. The issue of the teeth warping inward from the front (as opposed to pointing straight down) is also less noticeable on that portrait.

I also liked more the closed one…It looks scarier… i always imagined mine displayed this way but once I have the figure and I see it in person, I really don’t know which one I prefer the most…the open mouth is menacing and gives the statue a sort of dinamism that I really like it too.

this is the view when I turn from my desk…it is just behind me…haha

Attachments

• F24DED99-CD14-43E6-8A62-497C4CFAE99E.jpeg
    F24DED99-CD14-43E6-8A62-497C4CFAE99E.jpeg
    984.5 KB · Views: 23
nice pictures all!
seems like more DXs came damaged then the museum pose.
I prefer the classic Gieger pose so thats why I went with the museum version.

Great pics Pizza.

In terms of which head I prefer, I can't even decide yet, I think both are beautiful! Considering I didn't even really want the open mouth head initially, it's far more impressive in person and I'm glad I have the option. Not that I'll be changing them too often, it's not the most simple of COH's.

Image spam incoming, sorry. I've had a few days with this now and I love it! It's easily the best statue I own and a true showcase of what Prime 1 can do when they put in the effort. The packaging may have been atrocious, but what hid inside was gold.

It's hard to even find faults with this one, I think the only bad thing I can mention is the orange paint they have added to the dents on the wall, not really sure why they did this and I will cover it over eventually. The only other thing is just personal preference in that I wish the head were more upright, it would have added more feeling of movement and aggression to the statue. You'll notice many of my images are from down low to try and give this effect, in reality the head is most definitely looking down. Not really a huge issue, but the fact that's all I have to complain about should speak volumes as to how amazing this statue is.

It is huge!! And super heavy, probably twice as heavy as any other statue I own including various 1/4 Predators. It's actually insane when you first open it if you aren't used to 1/3 scale, and large characters in 1/3 to boot. It's also full of subtle details and paint tones that just all collide to make it look incredible, it's hard to see all of this in pictures, but even the base which looks boring in pictures has a rainbow of subtle layers to it, blues, oranges and beyond. The entire statue changes depending on the time of day, it can have browns showing one minute, and look fully black the next, it's just so good!

Also the bust is incredible in its own right, I can't stop looking at it! I'm really glad I got the DX now this is in hand, even the open mouth head looks fantastic on the statue, so much so that I've left it on there for now. I'll try to get some more pictures along side other statues once this has found it's permanent position in my collection. Well done Prime 1, more of this please, with better packaging so that more people can enjoy it!

N3zikcZ.jpg

1LH2VsS.jpg

QvAnamK.jpg

NwhGl43.jpg

m91R3Pl.jpg

snC1tXD.jpg

G8d6zuh.jpg

I8ohqC0.jpg

xY6DbMV.jpg

PqX4MAn.jpg

TiDpDP5.jpg

kV9Tr02.jpg

nVKUzRN.jpg

vpAs0IX.jpg

a2XQIaO.jpg

yqToi6i.jpg

sAbwjsP.jpg

Q6gePQL.jpg

Awesome photos Matt. The additional bust really is a nice extra.

Mine‘s not really had much love since I’ve opened it to be honest & is still in the box. The magnet is pretty strong on my chap & it‘s chipping the bottom on the heads when I try to remove them.

If I decide to sell mine, it would have to be local pickup only. If you shipped this to someone and it broke, then you'd be SOL.

Also the base is ridiculous. The bottom is understandably heavy, but the back wall? Why so heavy? It could have been hollow cast and foam filled. Gotta find a simple base like the Mamegyorai.

If I decide to sell mine, it would have to be local pickup only. If you shipped this to someone and it broke, then you'd be SOL.

Also the base is ridiculous. The bottom is understandably heavy, but the back wall? Why so heavy? It could have been hollow cast and foam filled. Gotta find a simple base like the Mamegyorai.
I could be misremembering, but I think I've seen a photo of a broken wall and it was hollow, at least near the top. The wall is roughly 25 lbs and the base 20, making the figure itself 15 by my calculations. In a nutshell, that means 75% of the weight -- and the entire second box -- are components I don't like. :lol

I'm definitely in the minority with this piece, but for me it was like meeting a really attractive person with whom there was no chemistry. That X-factor, that extra idiosyncratic appeal counts for a lot and can even make up for shortcomings, as was the case with the 1/4 City Hunter Predator. Somehow, this didn't have it for me.

I ended up selling this locally over the weekend and, beautiful as it was, it's no sweat off my back. My current display room is far too small and even if I have a larger room in the future, I want to limit statues of that size to two or three that are truly meaningful. With a limit that strict, it doesn't make sense to spend so much money and dedicate so much space to only my second-favorite Alien design.

Still bummed about CoolProps cancelling their Warrior. I would've have made that one work.

Last edited:
Back