Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how difficult it would be to remove the drool from the statue. I'm also curious is p1 had some interesting way to make it detachable. We will have to wait and see it all in hand.
IMG_20210412_202843.jpg

Still think it was a missed opportunity not to do a Rambaldi head for the open mouth. Would've made the alternate portrait feel more essential. The Giger mouth was sculpted shut, so this is kind of a negligible bonus for hardcore fans.

It's all the more confusing since they took care to give the open-mouthed Warrior head lips to differentiate it from the closed-mouth stunt heads.

Still think it was a missed opportunity not to do a Rambaldi head for the open mouth. Would've made the alternate portrait feel more essential. The Giger mouth was sculpted shut, so this is kind of a negligible bonus for hardcore fans.

It's all the more confusing since they took care to give the open-mouthed Warrior head lips to differentiate it from the closed-mouth stunt heads.

I mean do you remember the backlash from people when neca had the lips added on in their 1/4 in 2015? I mean people were PISSED, returning them and only buying them in person because it was a variant. I think it would be awesome to have the closed lips but people really really hate it haha.

I mean do you remember the backlash from people when neca had the lips added on in their 1/4 in 2015? I mean people were PISSED, returning them and only buying them in person because it was a variant. I think it would be awesome to have the closed lips but people really really hate it haha.

About the drool it would be a pleasant surprise if it was removable ...:)
About the rambaldi head...I remind me in 2015 asking to the ebay seller to send me pics of this figure before buying it just to be sure it won?t have the lips..I also remind the duck memes about it...so...this figure is perfect as it is on my opinion. May be I would prefer a white background (nostromo corridor)...but that?s it:)

If the mouth on the alternate head is open, the lips could still be pulled back. What's important is the cheek tendons, they're different on the Rambaldi head and give the whole face a unique feel. Helps that they were built to stretch.

80ItbCkGgqSnvYSQTE7A0SK6QwFhAPBzYbI5JsWXxsvR8UQ-gUVqvzCRSQS08A2IBSf6vmYqP5dpqf2lDkp0JMIvJfLLftaxwpMabBwHzesNSAYvesaD1DUaZuhKPj9R6V5FCeyZBfefpgY

rambaldialienhead.png

If the mouth on the alternate head is open, the lips could still be pulled back. What's important is the cheek tendons, they're different on the Rambaldi head and give the whole face a unique feel. Helps that they were built to stretch.

80ItbCkGgqSnvYSQTE7A0SK6QwFhAPBzYbI5JsWXxsvR8UQ-gUVqvzCRSQS08A2IBSf6vmYqP5dpqf2lDkp0JMIvJfLLftaxwpMabBwHzesNSAYvesaD1DUaZuhKPj9R6V5FCeyZBfefpgY

rambaldialienhead.png
True but people will hate it. I love that look but most don't.
So supposedly the chap will be shipping BEFORE June. So that is exciting.

So we'll probably have him toward the end of the summer. Nifty.

Wonder when the Jungle and City Hunters are shipping.

Predictions? Clear dome with heavy black airbrushed line around it. Mottling that was done with a standard airbrush making the lines big and garish. Typical scuffs and dings. I’m doubting we will get another dog level piece but I hope I am wrong.

Predictions? Clear dome with heavy black airbrushed line around it. Mottling that was done with a standard airbrush making the lines big and garish. Typical scuffs and dings. I?m doubting we will get another dog level piece but I hope I am wrong.

I have no idea why you would think they would do that bad? Low es number. And not once have they done that with any of their Alien statues. And considering the dog is painted and resculpted by prime 1, I don't think there is anything to worry about. If it were done by coolprops I'd be very worried. About everything you just said.

Yeah! I have no doubt about these figures. I only need to know one thing:- where they are...?

The wall hangers are not impressing me.

I'm confused, you have talked about this before a couple weeks ago. There is no sign that the paint will look like this. Not from any prime 1 proto type. But you're posting your neca 1/4 chap like it's good?

Yeah! I have no doubt about these figures. I only need to know one thing:- where they are...?

Absolutely, I'm so excited. I finally finished my Halcyon Bambi burster model kit. It's a 1:1 scale so it won't go with the 1/3 set up but it is still pretty cool , keeping me busy before the chap comes. IMG_20210415_102217_687.jpgIMG_20210415_102217_619.jpg

I'm confused, you have talked about this before a couple weeks ago. There is no sign that the paint will look like this. Not from any prime 1 proto type. But you're posting your neca 1/4 chap like it's good?

If you think these look good then you are delusional or a Prime1 shill.

queen.jpg

queen2.jpg

I threw that NECA together in a day. It wasn't worth any more time. And even then I think it looks more accurate than what they are cranking out. I've been painting for hire since the 90's and have been a staff writer for two prominent modeling publications. What have you done?

If you think these look good then you are delusional or a Prime1 shill.

View attachment 511074

View attachment 511075

I threw that NECA together in a day. It wasn't worth any more time. And even then I think it looks more accurate than what they are cranking out. I've been painting for hire since the 90's and have been a staff writer for two prominent modeling publications. What have you done?

Haha seems I struck a nerve. That was easy.
And actually I wasn't a fan of the wall mount queen and warrior or the half bust head. Not because of the paint but because of the concept. And considering the 1/3 line and cost of the chap I'm pretty confident about it. Also the two you showed look just like the prototype. So my point still stands, if the 1/3 looks like the prototype then they are still good in my book... Did you cancel your order or are you just here to make **** up?

Oh and here is a more accurate way of comparison from the same collector you got that image from. So here is a side by side of both and their prototypes. If prime1 gets the 1/3 chap that close to its prototype (same as the dog) I'm pretty excited. IMG_20210416_122149.jpgIMG_20210416_121450.jpg

Back