Prime 1 Studios Grimlock and Optimus Prime Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to ask, would anyone who has the Grimlock maquette be kind enough to please measure the largest box[box A, the width, length and height in inches], so I can get an idea of the overall size of the box.Cheers!

I just want to ask, would anyone who has the Grimlock maquette be kind enough to please measure the largest box[box A, the width, length and height in inches], so I can get an idea of the overall size of the box.Cheers!

for the shipper box:
H 95" X W 80" X D 32"

I need everyone wishing me luck on this. :lol

Last Flex is next week, so should be arriving about a week-ish after that.

Excited, but nervous. Hoping no QC problems.

Got my shipping notice!!!! Friday.

And this thing comes in three separate boxes?!?! Welcome to the big leagues, Chap. :lol

congrats! great piece for sure, just be careful when u assemble optimus prime, he is very fragile, dont force the small parts

congrats! great piece for sure, just be careful when u assemble optimus prime, he is very fragile, dont force the small parts

Thanks for the reminder. I will likely post a play-by-play when I'm able to open it. :lol I'll probably be too scared to assemble it. :lol

prime 1 stepped in & found one for me. They stopped the production for it now so it will be very hard to get replacements anymore. I have a feeling urs will turn out just fine :)

Hopefully. Wow. I'm happy for you, but even more nervous for me. :lol

You should be fine, I know at least 4 they got theirs without serious issues that needs replacement.

Glad to hear. I'll try to open this big guy up tomorrow night - I have to go pick it up late night - so we'll see how much energy I have.

I'm getting nervous already.

It sucks because I forgot to call them on Monday to bump the last Flex early to get it shipped that day. I could have had it today on my day off. Sucks - now I have to do all of this after a long day at work. And I gotta work all this weekend too. Ugh.

It sucks because I forgot to call them on Monday to bump the last Flex early to get it shipped that day. I could have had it today on my day off. Sucks - now I have to do all of this after a long day at work. And I gotta work all this weekend too. Ugh.
As long as your statue arrives with no issues, it will be like a huge treat at the end of a long shift.

Well it took me two hours of set-up....but it came. And it's AMAZING. No obvious problems with QC from what I can tell - it's late, so I really want to go back over it again in the next few days with 'fresh eyes.'

I'm shocked at how big this thing is. Well worth the money. It took me two trips to pick up all of the boxes - couldn't fit all 3 in the same vehicle.

Hemooo, I now understand about Optimus. He will end of being packed away - not worth coming home to an arm fallen off, etc. I'm struggling with a few areas, getting the arms in on Optimus and the legs with Grimlock. There SUPER secure, but they don't look all the way in.

I haven't tried any of the light features, so I'll make it priority to get all of this ironed out before the 30-day return window, but again, after quick inspection, it looks pretty darn perfect.

Grimlock though steals the show. The detail is just incredible. The size AND weight is unbelievable. I can't even pick up this piece in its entirety, base and all, to safely move it. This is the Transformers piece for me. It's so unique (and I'm a fan of Bay's Grimlock), so I'm really thankful that this all worked out.

Back