Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the images are already up, are you not able to see them? let me know cheers

I see what your saying. Send those pics to Pop and they should be able to get you either a replacement or that part. Sill looks amazing. If you are 100% certain the foot is misaligned. They should be able to re-supply that also!

I just had a look at mine, and it looks like the arch on the right foot on mine is exactly the same as yours.

Probably designed that way. I've had mine for over a year now and it's never bothered me.

Right foot:-
image.jpeg

Left foot:-
image.jpeg

thanks for checking for me and posting those pics. yes it does look like mine. ive been watching video reviews on youtube
but all of those right legs in the videos seem to match the left leg. i.e no misaligned blue arch or large gap.

guess its just a variation though, im more worried about the missing shoulder piece. still waiting on popculture for a response, who
are supposedly waiting on sideshow for a response.

Popcultcha said there's no spare part available. Offered me $30 store credit. I nearly fell off my chair before kindly telling them where to shove it.

Popcultcha said there's no spare part available. Offered me $30 store credit. I nearly fell off my chair before kindly telling them where to shove it.

Nope!! Send the entire thing back. That part is apart of the whole statue your paying premium for that piece. $30 ? They must be kidding! Do not feel intimidated you have consumer rights. Be very firm if they offer you more say no! It's either they give you that part or you get a refund! Simple!

Nope!! Send the entire thing back. That part is apart of the whole statue your paying premium for that piece. $30 ? They must be kidding! Do not feel intimidated you have consumer rights. Be very firm if they offer you more say no! It's either they give you that part or you get a refund! Simple!

Oh and make sure they pay for the return also if that be the case!

Oh and make sure they pay for the return also if that be the case!

As long as you ask they always provide the reply paid Aust Post postage slip (at least for locals).

And given how long this piece has been out I'm not surprised about no replacement parts, but I would've expected more then a measly $30 AUD.

Not really keen to send the whole thing back as I know they will blame me if any damage occurs in transit. If the compensation amount were alot more then ill probably just take it. Yeah I know it wont be perfect and the resale value will be lost but this is something i'm not ever planning on selling.
I notice they sell lots of their damaged statues on their facebook page at 20-25% off the normal price. I figure if they applied this rule to my optimus, i should get back close to $700. I already managed to get optimus at 20% off due to a sale they were having, ended up paying $2239AUD down from $2799AUD. But knowing them they are gonna try to use the fact that I got it on sale as a way to say 'you already got a good deal so we aint paying you much in compo'

Oh another thing i noticed a bit strange. The box number out of 2000 is different on each box. So my base shipper box is 948/2000 but the
larger statue shipper box is 921/2000.
Is that normal to receive 2 boxes that dont match up? does it matter? Dont recall there being a number on the inside artwork box at all, but i might have missed it.
Is the optimus statue itself numbered in anyway like the bottom of the base is numbered?

The box numbers should match. But apparently a number of the suppliers mixed them up for some reason. I'm sad to say that your not the first one to get mixed boxes. The good news is that it's only the base so there should be no assembly issues. It's not like the arms and legs aren't fitting together correctly ( I hope ). I recall that grimlock had that issue.

Here is a picture of two right legs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 131
Oh another thing i noticed a bit strange. The box number out of 2000 is different on each box. So my base shipper box is 948/2000 but the
larger statue shipper box is 921/2000.
Is that normal to receive 2 boxes that dont match up? does it matter? Dont recall there being a number on the inside artwork box at all, but i might have missed it.
Is the optimus statue itself numbered in anyway like the bottom of the base is numbered?

Yeah my boxes didn't match either. It was explained that when Sideshow distributed it out they didn't take much care (or even care) in making sure they sent them out in pairs. Supposedly for the Age of Extinction piece instructions (on the boxes?) were given to not do this again?

thanks for posting that picture. pretty much confirms that my right leg (and Phoenixblaze's) is not quite correct.
Looks like there's different variations to the issue, the leg on the left in the picture seems nearly perfect. the leg on the right isnt perfect but still a lot better than mine.

popculcha have manged to increase the store credit to a whopping $60. saying that they understand im upset
my statue has a 'manufacturing variation'.

popculcha have manged to increase the store credit to a whopping $60. saying that they understand im upset
my statue has a 'manufacturing variation'.

What do you plan to do Keep it or return it. I give you an example. I bought the Wolf Predator and it was dusty as if it was a returned piece from someone! I sent pictures in and they said at first they could give me $20 discount voucher. So I wrote a very firm letter stating that this piece I received was not brand new, and I will be taking this up with trading standards. They then replied back so quick saying a big apology and gave me a choice of returning it or gaining $350 back in cash. I was kinda expecting maybe $100 at least, so yeah I took the money and just thought well it would be very expensive returning it back to California and no chance of ever getting this piece again! So was quite surprised by the big jump from $20 to $350.

I think you gotta get a bit legal with your case. Even though you got it cheaper than expected. Would you have paid that same money knowing it was defective?

well after firmly not accepting their $60 credit, they are now prepared to do an exchange, and i only need send the body section back, not the whole limbs and weapons. they sent me a return label so its all free. They suggested sending it in a smaller box but there's no way i can risk that because the original box has the perfect moulds in the styrofoam packaging to protect it. They just didn't want to pay postage for the huge box.

I will be asking them to take a picture of the replacement body before they send it to prove to me it's complete and not damaged before transit, as i dont trust them they will probably try to send me a damaged body and claim it was damaged in transit which they keep reiterating to me that if that happens then they wont cover it.

well after firmly not accepting their $60 credit, they are now prepared to do an exchange, and i only need send the body section back, not the whole limbs and weapons. they sent me a return label so its all free. They suggested sending it in a smaller box but there's no way i can risk that because the original box has the perfect moulds in the styrofoam packaging to protect it. They just didn't want to pay postage for the huge box.

I will be asking them to take a picture of the replacement body before they send it to prove to me it's complete and not damaged before transit, as i dont trust them they will probably try to send me a damaged body and claim it was damaged in transit which they keep reiterating to me that if that happens then they wont cover it.

Well done for standing your ground! And that is the best solution get them to take pics before them sending it out. Gives you a piece of mind. Sending it back in the original packaging is a must. I can understand if it's a small piece. But that body is delicate

Congrats on the more positive result. Let's hope it all works out for you. You mentioned that the body is being sent back. Are you also getting a replacement for the leg ?

Nope not the leg. just want the body part fixed first and foremost.

Well I received the replacement body. Good news is that everything is there this time.

Bad news is the chrome part around the headlights (the LED's), on one of the chrome parts appears to have been touched up with metallic silver paint, as well as the part that the headlights mounts to (if someone could confirm this part a im not sure if its been painted or not. Mine seems to have fingerprints on it). Oh and during the touchup they seemed to have dropped a small dab of silver paint onto the blue waist piece below. ive circled all these in red.

Popculcha say that this is from a sealed box, so it came like that from the factory. Anyone else have touched up chrome parts on theirs?

Finally the right mirror seems to have chrome flaked off of it. It's not really flaked as there's no distinct change in surface level, but it's definitely not the way it should be. Yes i have a spare mirror but i'm not about to go breaking parts off and gluing them back on.

20160718_235553.jpg

20160718_235655.jpg

Back