Statue Prime 1 Studio - AOE- Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this was more rare and collectible, the price can be seen as justifiable. Now they are pumping statues like they were nothing. They need to slow down and put more emphasis on each statue and work on one at a time, just like Cinemaquette does with there $2K-$2.5K pieces. Too many releases, less focus is on each statue and doesn't really make them that special anymore.

Well said!!! Its time to be selective. Don't let yourselves be milked by them. I'm not too impressed with their statues or bust in hand.

If this was more rare and collectible, the price can be seen as justifiable. Now they are pumping statues like they were nothing. They need to slow down and put more emphasis on each statue and work on one at a time, just like Cinemaquette does with there $2K-$2.5K pieces. Too many releases, less focus is on each statue and doesn't really make them that special anymore.

Actually I want them to make faster for AOE Optimus Prime, I saw it at Wonderfest this is the best piece from them so far, the details beyond anything we see so far. I can understand they pop out really quick they statue so people will be selective DOTM Optimus and ROTF Megatron should be enough for collector but for me and others I want them to make as much as they can to complet the collection.

Actually I want them to make faster for AOE Optimus Prime, I saw it at Wonderfest this is the best piece from them so far, the details beyond anything we see so far. I can understand they pop out really quick they statue so people will be selective DOTM Optimus and ROTF Megatron should be enough for collector but for me and others I want them to make as much as they can to complet the collection.

I've always wandered NL that you get commission or some form of financial incentive for advertising Prime1's products here. I personally don't think your opinions are actually impartial but more to promote their expensive merchandise. From reading all your posts since you first made us aware when calibre released their versions, you have nothing but positive to say about this studio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A complete collection.... wow! That's a lot of shelves and money. :)

I've always wandered NL that you get commission or some form of financial incentive for advertising Prime1's products here. I personally don't think your opinions are actually impartial but more to promote their expensive merchandise. From reading all your posts since you first made us aware when calibre released their versions, you have nothing but positive to say about this studio.

This question has been raised before, unsurprisingly. He swears he gets no kick-back from Prime 1 Studios, but I'll let nextlevel answer that again.

It makes no difference to me if he has any ties to the manufacturer. I can make my own decisions and his feedback on the Prime 1 pieces has been helpful.

I would never preorder anything anymore from these guys,they make good products,but they make way too many of them at high prices.These might be hot items overseas in Japan and China,but in north America and Europe its debatable.I would also like to point out at these prices does not guarantee great QC,my first preorder from these guys (Megatron) had several issues,also the paint was changed from proto to production.I was hoping these would be built in Japan and not China as the Japanese have higher standards for stuff like this,as others have said these need to be done one at a time,at least for there prices,but clearly they are not.Now they got 2500 plus original OP's and another how many thousands of the AOE version in the near future coming up for p.o,which might even have two different versions.All I can do is shake my head at the fact that the original is not even collectors hands here in North America and or Europe and this company has the balls to show another version at what another 2.5k...which I am sure will affect the originals price point.Anytime a company makes more than 1000 statues,you better make sure its not over 1000 bucks to buy it,or you will be eating losses.Now I know some people are gonna say,well when you buy a piece like this I plan on keeping it,well that might work for them,however to those who bought this thinking maybe I will sell down the road to upgrade to a newer version down the road (some amount of years later) have to see another Prime so bloody soon,makes you rethink moving forward with this company.If I ever buy anything from this company it will be on the secondary market for significantly less

Whether or not he gets commission or incentive is not really an issue that would affect you is it? You've been posting in all Prime 1 threads stating that you would be preordering every piece, yet continuously complaining about the pacing and pricing on these pieces. Although I also believe that Prime 1 is pumping out these statues like bunnies in heat, I am, personally, in full support of the policy that if it's not at a price where I'm comfortable paying, I would simply not purchase it. That being said, I would definitely not want to rain on my fellow collectors parade and if they are able to own it and enjoy it, more power to them.

This is not a thread about scrutinizing a collector, it's about the discussion of a very much anticipated statue.

TLDR If you think it's too expensive, simply don't buy it.

Whether or not he gets commission or incentive is not really an issue that would affect you is it? You've been posting in all Prime 1 threads stating that you would be preordering every piece, yet continuously complaining about the pacing and pricing on these pieces. Although I also believe that Prime 1 is pumping out these statues like bunnies in heat, I am, personally, in full support of the policy that if it's not at a price where I'm comfortable paying, I would simply not purchase it. That being said, I would definitely not want to rain on my fellow collectors parade and if they are able to own it and enjoy it, more power to them.

This is not a thread about scrutinizing a collector, it's about the discussion of a very much anticipated statue.

TLDR If you think it's too expensive, simply don't buy it.

Firstly quote when I will be pre-ordering every piece on every single Prime 1 thread? Exactly I haven't, so go and view and every post in every thread I make and gather some quotes because you are obviously mistaken.

This isn't about the decision not to purchase if I think it is too expensive. This forum is for everyone to give their own personal opinion of releases. There is no right or wrong in opinions as it is a subjective matter and debate which then we can make our own decision. All I ask is for someone to give an opinion that is not biased or influenced and to give potential customers like myself and others the opportunity to make a decision that is based on impartial feedback available.

We are not talking about a mickey mouse Sideshow Premium Format several hundred dollars but a few thousand dollars worth and that is a lot of money to most people. This forum can influence your decision if the feedback provided is biased and especially coming from an individual that is promoting a company's mechanise with heavy links and contacts. This isn't about 'too expensive don't buy it'.

Firstly quote when I will be pre-ordering every piece on every single Prime 1 thread? Exactly I haven't, so go and view and every post in every thread I make and gather some quotes because you are obviously mistaken.

This isn't about the decision not to purchase if I think it is too expensive. This forum is for everyone to give their own personal opinion of releases. There is no right or wrong in opinions as it is a subjective matter and debate which then we can make our own decision. All I ask is for someone to give an opinion that is not biased or influenced and to give potential customers like myself and others the opportunity to make a decision that is based on impartial feedback available.

We are not talking about a mickey mouse Sideshow Premium Format several hundred dollars but a few thousand dollars worth and that is a lot of money to most people. This forum can influence your decision if the feedback provided is biased and especially coming from an individual that is promoting a company's mechanise with heavy links and contacts. This isn't about 'too expensive don't buy it'.

I figure since you're alright with exaggerating it wouldn't be a big issue? Also just gonna leave this here and you can see what the majority of your posts comprise of. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2397636

It really is up to personal opinion but you put weight on whether or not NL gets paid by Prime 1. So by your logic, whoever is excited about a statue from a specific company is being paid by said company. If you're asking for an impartial review, then just wait for pictures and decide that for yourself. Ones excitement shouldn't translate to bias so severe, that it would force you to buy an item. I'm sure that pictures or videos can aid that decision much better than someone saying, wow I saw it and it looks really awesome and I can't wait.

So if your opinion is valid, then mine is too, if it's too expensive for you, don't buy it. If you have to see it as an investment instead of just for the enjoyment of collecting something you love, don't buy it. If you have to not eat to buy the statue, you should probably not buy it. Simple. Just saying.

Also no point in arguing with you, this is my personal opinion, but if you have such an issue with this company, I don't know why you're giving them your money.

I figure since you’re alright with exaggerating your posts, I guess it wouldn’t be a big issue to offer my reply? I’m just going to leave my comments below for you to review and for you to reply if you wish to do so.
I figure since you're alright with exaggerating it wouldn't be a big issue? Also just gonna leave this here and you can see what the majority of your posts comprise of. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2397636

Thank you for revealing my posts but I fail to see how this will support your original reply that I will be pre-ordering every statue on ALL Prime 1 Threads? My posts reveal how a collector would be excited for these statues since Pre-ordering Megs in October 2013 and OP in February 2014. That was a long time ago and opinions over Prime 1 statues can significantly change during a long term basis. If you see the dates of my post, you should obviously note that I have not posted for a significant time period. You obviously haven’t so to make you aware the reasons I haven’t posted because I have become less enthusiastic about Prime1’s releases.

It really is up to personal opinion but you put weight on whether or not NL gets paid by Prime 1. So by your logic, whoever is excited about a statue from a specific company is being paid by said company.

I was asking NL the question and why don’t you let him answer if he is on commission or not. As you have decided to expand your post I will debate with you. The rest of the forum readers can make an individual assessment based on if he is promoting these products or not, or providing an unbiased view? I highlighted this because as I said before NL only gives positive opinions on the statue and I believe has connections and contacts with the studio. NL was the first to be aware of Prime1’s releases a few years ago which supports my belief.

Your logic thinking that ‘whoever is excited about a statue is being paid’? Your assumption is incorrect and quite frankly very naïve thought process. Why don’t you read all of NL posts. Whenever there has been a criticism NL will always posts something positive about the issue. There is a difference of being excited as a casual collector and someone who gets paid for promoting a product or has links and financial gain from the company. This therefore leads to an unbiased view.

If you're asking for an impartial review, then just wait for pictures and decide that for yourself. Ones excitement shouldn't translate to bias so severe, that it would force you to buy an item. I'm sure that pictures or videos can aid that decision much better than someone saying, wow I saw it and it looks really awesome and I can't wait.

The reason I visit these forums is to read what other members have to say. Opinions defer greatly from members as we are all different and collect for various reasons. Waiting for pictures and videos and deciding for myself is not an impartial review, rather than me making a decision? That’s like asking me to judge a book by its cover. Pictures and Videos don’t always give the full picture. I would like to hear what members have to say that are not biased and members that have this in their personal presence where they can feel, touch and see.

Again you appear to base your assumption of my ‘logic’ is excitement = bias. Indeed you are incorrect. Like I explain again, there is a difference between a view from a casual collector and company representative or individual paid to market and promote their merchandise. But what you are missing is that we have to pre-order and pay first before we can see many reviews of the statue actually in their hands.

So if your opinion is valid, then mine is too.

Of course your opinion is valid. Everyone has their own opinions. Where opinions defer we discuss and debate which is why I have broken down your reply to give you a better understanding of my thoughts. I disagree with your opinion, but it does not make this invalid. I fail to see where you think your opinion is invalid? Again is this another of your assumptions? Whether you agree with my comments or not is irrelevant. But as you have made a reply I feel I should do as well so we can share our thoughts.

if it's too expensive for you, don't buy it.

If you have obviously read my posts and you should be aware of this post I recently made which a few members have agreed:

If you need me to further elaborate on this post for a better understanding I will do. The influx of expensive statues of around $2K is a lot of money to most collectors. Seeing an influx of statues in particular with complex parts as these questions the QC and also the less time and effort made for each release. Prime 1 rushing them all out gives me the opinion they are not providing each release the time and focus as they should do and deserve just like they did with Megatron. Optimus I cannot comment as I have yet to have this in my hands. Pictures and Videos do not give me the final result.

Are Prime1 continuing to give the same emphasis and hard work as they done for Megatron? We are talking about thousands of dollars here so it is a big investment. For some people money is nothing, but I would feel the disappointment for others who have shelled out their hardworking cash which did not live to their expectations.

Apart the QC concerns, there is also the elements of collecting. To me it does not feel to be special or limited with the number of releases coming out, especially when we now know there are 2 further AOE Primes coming out. When statues do not feel special anymore, I do not feel the buzz or the pride of owning such an expensive statue. And with that, would I pay $2k for a piece? I probably wouldn’t. This is my subjective opinion.

Cinemaquttes are priced around the same region. They release each statue slowly. Quality over Quantity. Although their prices are expensive, I have never complained about their pricing because I know what they produce is of quality. My personal experience is owning several statues myself from CM. I would love to own many more but financially that is not possible. I don’t complain about their prices. SS release their LSF at $2K, some which I like to own. Do I complain about their price? No.

If you have to see it as an investment instead of just for the enjoyment of collecting something you love, don't buy it. If you have to not eat to buy the statue, you should probably not buy it. Simple. Just saying.

I already paid for two statues: Megatron and OP. That was a long time ago until I realised the influx of statues coming out which are heavily priced except Bee which I made an exception as a pre-order – but I still debating this one and may even cancel it. Based on how Prime1 are marketing and releasing their statues I will probably give all the others a miss now.

Also no point in arguing with you, this is my personal opinion, but if you have such an issue with this company, I don't know why you're giving them your money.

No one is arguing with you, we are debating on different opinions. You are only arguing with yourself. At the time Megs and OP were paid and ordered, my views have changed which you should have been aware as you obviously were reading all my posts :) I am fully aware of how my wallet operates, and thanks for the tip maybe I shouldn’t give them my money, maybe I should be more selective, who knows, maybe things change again? But I just realised I already know, but thanks for remind me! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my opinions to you, Sir.

I figure since you’re alright with exaggerating your posts, I guess it wouldn’t be a big issue to offer my reply? I’m just going to leave my comments below for you to review and for you to reply if you wish to do so.

Thank you for revealing my posts but I fail to see how this will support your original reply that I will be pre-ordering every statue on ALL Prime 1 Threads? My posts reveal how a collector would be excited for these statues since Pre-ordering Megs in October 2013 and OP in February 2014. That was a long time ago and opinions over Prime 1 statues can significantly change during a long term basis. If you see the dates of my post, you should obviously note that I have not posted for a significant time period. You obviously haven’t so to make you aware the reasons I haven’t posted because I have become less enthusiastic about Prime1’s releases.

I was asking NL the question and why don’t you let him answer if he is on commission or not. As you have decided to expand your post I will debate with you. The rest of the forum readers can make an individual assessment based on if he is promoting these products or not, or providing an unbiased view? I highlighted this because as I said before NL only gives positive opinions on the statue and I believe has connections and contacts with the studio. NL was the first to be aware of Prime1’s releases a few years ago which supports my belief.

Your logic thinking that ‘whoever is excited about a statue is being paid’? Your assumption is incorrect and quite frankly very naïve thought process. Why don’t you read all of NL posts. Whenever there has been a criticism NL will always posts something positive about the issue. There is a difference of being excited as a casual collector and someone who gets paid for promoting a product or has links and financial gain from the company. This therefore leads to an unbiased view.

The reason I visit these forums is to read what other members have to say. Opinions defer greatly from members as we are all different and collect for various reasons. Waiting for pictures and videos and deciding for myself is not an impartial review, rather than me making a decision? That’s like asking me to judge a book by its cover. Pictures and Videos don’t always give the full picture. I would like to hear what members have to say that are not biased and members that have this in their personal presence where they can feel, touch and see.

Again you appear to base your assumption of my ‘logic’ is excitement = bias. Indeed you are incorrect. Like I explain again, there is a difference between a view from a casual collector and company representative or individual paid to market and promote their merchandise. But what you are missing is that we have to pre-order and pay first before we can see many reviews of the statue actually in their hands.

Of course your opinion is valid. Everyone has their own opinions. Where opinions defer we discuss and debate which is why I have broken down your reply to give you a better understanding of my thoughts. I disagree with your opinion, but it does not make this invalid. I fail to see where you think your opinion is invalid? Again is this another of your assumptions? Whether you agree with my comments or not is irrelevant. But as you have made a reply I feel I should do as well so we can share our thoughts.

If you have obviously read my posts and you should be aware of this post I recently made which a few members have agreed:

If you need me to further elaborate on this post for a better understanding I will do. The influx of expensive statues of around $2K is a lot of money to most collectors. Seeing an influx of statues in particular with complex parts as these questions the QC and also the less time and effort made for each release. Prime 1 rushing them all out gives me the opinion they are not providing each release the time and focus as they should do and deserve just like they did with Megatron. Optimus I cannot comment as I have yet to have this in my hands. Pictures and Videos do not give me the final result.

Are Prime1 continuing to give the same emphasis and hard work as they done for Megatron? We are talking about thousands of dollars here so it is a big investment. For some people money is nothing, but I would feel the disappointment for others who have shelled out their hardworking cash which did not live to their expectations.

Apart the QC concerns, there is also the elements of collecting. To me it does not feel to be special or limited with the number of releases coming out, especially when we now know there are 2 further AOE Primes coming out. When statues do not feel special anymore, I do not feel the buzz or the pride of owning such an expensive statue. And with that, would I pay $2k for a piece? I probably wouldn’t. This is my subjective opinion.

Cinemaquttes are priced around the same region. They release each statue slowly. Quality over Quantity. Although their prices are expensive, I have never complained about their pricing because I know what they produce is of quality. My personal experience is owning several statues myself from CM. I would love to own many more but financially that is not possible. I don’t complain about their prices. SS release their LSF at $2K, some which I like to own. Do I complain about their price? No.

I already paid for two statues: Megatron and OP. That was a long time ago until I realised the influx of statues coming out which are heavily priced except Bee which I made an exception as a pre-order – but I still debating this one and may even cancel it. Based on how Prime1 are marketing and releasing their statues I will probably give all the others a miss now.

No one is arguing with you, we are debating on different opinions. You are only arguing with yourself. At the time Megs and OP were paid and ordered, my views have changed which you should have been aware as you obviously were reading all my posts :) I am fully aware of how my wallet operates, and thanks for the tip maybe I shouldn’t give them my money, maybe I should be more selective, who knows, maybe things change again? But I just realised I already know, but thanks for remind me! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my opinions to you, Sir.

Just by dissecting what I wrote in response to you, you're arguing. You wrote an essay and no, I didn't read your reply, it's too long. I only read the last sentence and you are definitely welcome, sir.

I think Prime 1 is doing a great job on the statues, can't wait to see the alternative arms for this version of Optimus.

If you didn't read my reply how would you know I am arguing,? :) you're very welcome to acknowledge some of my reply. Oh and essay is required to elaborate on some assumptions you made. Good evening to you.

If you didn't read my reply how would you know I am arguing,? :) you're very welcome to acknowledge some of my reply. Oh and essay is required to elaborate on some assumptions you made. Good evening to you.

I read it... soo longg, reminds me of college essay/thesis paper I need to submit for my professor =). I do see your point. :clap

Hi guys, am only big fan of Prime1 since the beginning. My only focus is collecting Transformers pieces, I don't know why assume I got pay from them etc. I paid pieces same as everyone no discount just to make it clear.
People should mail them ask them the questions as I do also. Like I say people,should be selective to the collection if you don't like AOE Optimus don't need to own it.Am pretty sure others will come i do hope they will do Barricade and Jazz in the future time will tell.

Back