Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF man, I'm getting fed up with SS and their delays. This means going by how my LCS works I probably won't be seeing this until August or later. This is what happens when company's get involved with sideshow, they should just cut them out and do it by themselves.

WTF man, I'm getting fed up with SS and their delays. This means going by how my LCS works I probably won't be seeing this until August or later. This is what happens when company's get involved with sideshow, they should just cut them out and do it by themselves.

QFT. That means I'll get it even later here in Australia because for some bizarre reason our local suppliers order from SS rather than get it direct from Japan which is closer :slap

April delay, huh? Not surprising. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the same cluster**** with delays that the 3A Metal Gear Rex turned into. That thing was out in Asia for months and months until SS got it in. If anybody wants a Prime 1 Megatron, Hobbylink Japan has them IN STOCK and ready to ship on their site for $1725.00 plus shipping (which is going to be expensive but probably would work to be about the same as what SS will charge you for statue plus shipping).

I seem to remember seeing a pic posted by Prime 1 of a warehouse packed with boxed Megatrons ready for shipment.

What possible reason could there be for such a big delay on this??

I know it's a joke. I was really looking forward to this as well. :(

QFT. That means I'll get it even later here in Australia because for some bizarre reason our local suppliers order from SS rather than get it direct from Japan which is closer :slap

SS need to realize that there are more and more company's out there now more than willing to steal their crown from them, they need to get their act together or they are going to be left behind.

I seem to remember seeing a pic posted by Prime 1 of a warehouse packed with boxed Megatrons ready for shipment.

What possible reason could there be for such a big delay on this??

Yeah, I remember that pic too. It reminded me of the pic that 3A showed of all their Metal Gear Rexes that were supposedly ready to ship out too. Only those were going to Asia and not Sideshow in the US. It took Sideshow about five or more months to get those Rexes in stock. It was a joke.

jrice73 you mentioned earlier that Hobbylink Japon has these in stock. Was wondering if you knew or if anyone knew if anyone in the US had ordered from them and how it went? I checked out there website and they do have them. I'm so sick of these delays I'm thinking about ordering one and canceling with Sideshow. But I would really like to get some feedback first.

jrice73 you mentioned earlier that Hobbylink Japon has these in stock. Was wondering if you knew or if anyone knew if anyone in the US had ordered from them and how it went? I checked out there website and they do have them. I'm so sick of these delays I'm thinking about ordering one and canceling with Sideshow. But I would really like to get some feedback first.

A lot of people in the AF community order from HLJ… always ends with good results. They are a legitimately good business.

Anyway, whilst people wait, here's a comparison between the new Optimus in this years film ws old.

I gotta say, the new design is a lot cleaner looking, more unified, I like it, from a design point of view it's better, make the current one look like a drunken trashcan. It's better resolved around the torso area, a touch more anime-ish but that's OK.

New

1390427189_2.jpg

1390475596_OP%20Splat%20bag.jpg

1390495975_c1621926_233956596783356_208528516_n.jpg

Old

transformers-2-optimus-prime.jpg

1.jpg

I've ordered tons of stuff from HLJ over the years and they have never, ever let me down. Now to order that Prime 1 Megatron, you need to email HLJ, give them your address and they will send you a shipping quote. I expect that shipping is going to be at least $300 for this but since its going for $1725.00 from HLJ, that's going to be as much with shipping that what you would pay for it from Sideshow. I know no one else who has ordered one from HLJ as I along with everybody on here preordered from Sideshow, but if you got the cash and don't want to wait, I say GO FOR IT!!! Just post pics when you get it for all of us to see!

Overall the new Optimus look more oval and modern... but the centre chest piece, something just not there somehow or is it just me

just got mine from japan. amazing details. very well done and its huge! by the way, lots of assembly required. sorry for the crappy phone pics

Nice!:clap

You also got the EX
where are you from?

any chance you will do video review?
am really not good at this :(

thanks guys. sorry i don't know how to make a video review. i'm from the philippines and my japanese bought this for me that's why i got the japan ex.

thanks guys. sorry i don't know how to make a video review. i'm from the philippines and my japanese bought this for me that's why i got the japan ex.

Apparently there is 3 boxes that this comes in, and hobbylinkjapan where saying that they would be sending this in 3 boxes, individually. Does anyone know how this would work with customs? if crazydragons can you confirm that there is 3 seperate boxes?

This had been confirmed as coming in 3 boxes. However mate I have no idea how our customs would deal with this. I would say the boxes would be shipped together with one invoice so customs shouldn't be an issue.

Back