Statue Prime 1 studio 32" Megatron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't order it coz I haven't got $2,000 :monkey2

Jay! :) :pray: :wink1:[/

I'm only messing with you guys :). It is pretty expensive but I think looking at the pictures so far it will be worth it. I am lucky as It is released the same month as my birthday and my fiancé will be helping out. :peace

Announced by Prime 1in FB:

Prime 1 Studio
We would like to announce the worldwide Edition size for MMTFM-01 Megatron.

- Japan Edition size: 150pcs
- Asia Edition size: 350pcs
- Sideshow Edition size: 500pcs
Like · · Share · 1 · 2 minutes ago ·

I'll believe it when I see it. I have the feeling these will just say "limited edition" on the base when everyone gets them. Seriously, what piece has SS ever put out that was labeled LE on the product page which then arrived with an actual number on the base?.....none.

They may have set an ES of 500 for this on paper, but they won't put it on the statue itself. The reason being (I think) is because they are not really sure how the market will respond to this piece (being an unknown company) and how many they will actually sell. So to play it safe where they don't get stuck with an extra 400 pieces they can't move, they just label it LE. It works in SS's favour on the flip side also, because if it does sell well and they tell prime 1 to raise the ES to 700 instead to sell more...they can without consequence and customers wouldn't even know.

Ether way, the collector has to front a lot of cash for a piece who's current and future value still remains in the control of SS AFTER the sale takes place. Tell me again what the incentive is to order these pieces?

Put 500 on the product page and write it on the base, then you will have my order.

Chris

Last edited:
If a piece is limited and an ES is already established, it should definitely be printed in someway on the piece itself.

I'll believe it when I see it. I have the feeling these will just say "limited edition" on the base when everyone gets them. Seriously, what piece has SS ever put out that was labeled LE on the product page which then arrived with an actual number on the base?.....none.

They may have set an ES of 500 for this on paper, but they won't put it on the statue itself. The reason being (I think) is because they are not really sure how the market will respond to this piece (being an unknown company) and how many they will actually sell. So to play it safe where they don't get stuck with an extra 400 pieces they can't move, they just label it LE. It works in SS's favour on the flip side also, because if it does sell well and they tell prime 1 to raise the ES to 700 instead to sell more...they can without consequence and customers wouldn't even know.

Ether way, the collector has to front a lot of cash for a piece who's current and future value still remains in the control of SS AFTER the sale takes place. Tell me again what the incentive is to order these pieces?

Put 500 on the product page and write it on the base, then you will have my order.

Chris

Hopefully SS just hasn't updated there product page. It has happen
Before one time that I know of death general LSF was limited edition/open edition
Then they went ahead and added ES of 300.

Hopefully SS just hasn't updated there product page. It has happen
Before one time that I know of death general LSF was limited edition/open edition
Then they went ahead and added ES of 300.

If SS pull that trick, shame on them. :pfft:

Ordered it the moment I received the Newsletter from SS which was on 16/08/2013. Didn't think twice as I remembered how their optimus prime maquette (exclusive) sold out on their website when it was first announced.

Would have ordered it through Prime1Studio if it ain't for the japanese language.

I didn't order it coz I haven't got $2,000 :monkey2

Jay! :) :pray: :wink1:[/

I'm only messing with you guys :). It is pretty expensive but I think looking at the pictures so far it will be worth it. I am lucky as It is released the same month as my birthday and my fiancé will be helping out. :peace

I think it's good value for money as far as larger statues go, the quality vs price nexus is very appealing, though it really needs Optimus alongside to round it out.

it really needs Optimus alongside to round it out.

Good job they have one coming and i already have the EX Sideshow one. :yess:

I'll still buy their Prime though because it's from DOTM and will look different to the SSC one. I hope Bee is after Prime. I'll probably stop at those three then.

I'll probably stop at those three then.

As a collector you will never stop, otherwise you are not a collector lol.

I probably get Prime1 Optimus as well, even though I am happy with the SS EX. I would like to stop there but I probably won't!

As a collector you will never stop, otherwise you are not a collector lol.

I probably get Prime1 Optimus as well, even though I am happy with the SS EX. I would like to stop there but I probably won't!

I meant stop collecting this line not everything :lol

:lol I'm stopping with SSC after they couldn't be bothered to check my replacement base.

From Facebook:

To celebrate 10000 likes from our Facebook page. We will reveal the first teaser of our next MMTFM-03 today. Guess who it will be? Please comments below and Thank you for your support.

Guess who it will be??

I think Bumblebee :)

Niceee, its good that they will keep this line going.

Back