Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only face I like better is Raph's... but the shadowy shelf lights are helping these necas as well. Donny all lit up on the Neca sight dont look so good. btw Anybody know what the nes tmnt2 background under them is?
I knew somebody was going to hate on the neca fgures. From the moment I saw prime 1's tmnt figures I knew all four faces were off somehow. They look like puppets and that's not how they looked in the 1st movie. Awesome atatues, but, in all honesty the bay tmnt statues were a little better, at least the faces anyway.

The NECA ones i recorded do look good but they're big action figures, and you can tell. Meanwhile these Prime 1s looked more solid in person. No visible ball joints or seems, muscles that actually look like they're flexing, almost translucent skin, bigger, etc.

I knew somebody was going to hate on the neca fgures. From the moment I saw prime 1's tmnt figures I knew all four faces were off somehow. They look like puppets and that's not how they looked in the 1st movie. Awesome atatues, but, in all honesty the bay tmnt statues were a little better, at least the faces anyway.

I hate on the necas by saying i like Neca Raphs face better? Saying lighting helps these isnt hate, its just being honest.

image.jpeg

now that I can see his face better, I can say I prefer the P1 Donny smirk to the deadpan neca- i prefer personality in the pieces i collect. I also look at things as a whole, rather than piece by piece with these things. I collect statues and the joints and awkward poses of these are a bigger turnoff and distraction than any slight improvements I'm noticing or not noticing in the faces- and also highly movie inaccurate btw ;)

If another company is making better statues lets see em. But why love on Necas in a statue thread, when theyre not even in the same category? I think I've already said they're good for what they are- just not for me, and really not comparable to anything from P1.

Those are the TMNT Arcade Game sets NECA had as a sdcc exclusive this year.

sweet, thanks man- gonna check em out as a possible background for these. Played the crap out of that game :rock

I hate on the necas by saying i like Neca Raphs face better? Saying lighting helps these isnt hate, its just being honest.

View attachment 281082

now that I can see his face better, I can say I prefer the P1 Donny smirk to the deadpan neca- i prefer personality in the pieces i collect. I also look at things as a whole, rather than piece by piece with these things. I collect statues and the joints and awkward poses of these are a bigger turnoff and distraction than any slight improvements I'm noticing or not noticing in the faces- and also highly movie inaccurate btw ;)

If another company is making better statues lets see em. But why love on Necas in a statue thread, when theyre not even in the same category? I think I've already said they're good for what they are- just not for me, and really not comparable to anything from P1.

sweet, thanks man- gonna check em out as a possible background for these. Played the crap out of that game :rock

First off thats an early proto type.... Second the faces are way more accurate than Prime 1's. Does prime 1 have the spots nope? Scar on Raph's face nope... Scratches on Raph's Shell nope. I mean I get it not everyone likes action figures. But these are action figures they are SUPPOSE TO HAVE JOINTS... SMH

First off thats an early proto type.... Second the faces are way more accurate than Prime 1's. Does prime 1 have the spots nope? Scar on Raph's face nope... Scratches on Raph's Shell nope. I mean I get it not everyone likes action figures. But these are action figures they are SUPPOSE TO HAVE JOINTS... SMH

Prime 1 versions have more personality, style, and better display presentation. The only thing i like better about the NECA ones is Raphs face.
Also the skin on the Prime 1 versions looks like the same material as the actual suits in the films while the NECA ones look plastic. Spots or not lol

yeah pretty much. I'm talking purely accuracy, not action figures vs statues. They are completely different in that way and they can't be compared like that.

Prime 1 versions have more personality, style, and better display presentation. The only thing i like better about the NECA ones is Raphs face.
Also the skin on the Prime 1 versions looks like the same material as the actual suits in the films while the NECA ones look plastic. Spots or not lol
There's nothing wrong with liking statues over action figures, but you come off as a hater. Just saying

There's nothing wrong with liking statues over action figures, but you come off as a hater. Just saying

There's nothing wrong with Hating something. If you don't like it and want to voice your opinion, you're free to do so. I saw both in person up close and am going off my observation ;)

I thought I saw a NECA Raph in a trench coat floating around? Any word on it? If they come out with something like that, I'd probably pick up that one.

Not in a statue thread lol. And define "way more accurate". As far as facial accuracy goes, it really depends what scene youre looking at. Plenty of pics from the movie online that dont look like either set. To me, Neca Raph looks better. Leo looks the same as P1. Mikey looks worse. Donny looks just ok to me. If you disagree, it really doesnt matter.

We're in a P1 90's TMNT statue thread. I come here specifically not to have to love necas. :lol

I thought I saw a NECA Raph in a trench coat floating around? Any word on it? If they come out with something like that, I'd probably pick up that one.

Yeah he's gonna be coming with the Trench coat and Hat, we should be seeing pre-orders for him in August.

Raphael clay.jpg

Last edited:
[/B]

Not in a statue thread lol. And define "way more accurate". As far as facial accuracy goes, it really depends what scene youre looking at. Plenty of pics from the movie online that dont look like either set. To me, Neca Raph looks better. Leo looks the same as P1. Mikey looks worse. Donny looks just ok to me. If you disagree, it really doesnt matter.

We're in a P1 90's TMNT statue thread. I come here specifically not to have to love necas. :lol

Well Mikey's Expression is taken from When he holds up the Turtle wax, Donnie's is tken later in the movie as well... Different expressions from Different parts of the movie. But how Prime 1 missed the Scar and Raph's face and scratches on his shell plus the spots is beyond me... But to each of thier own.

I agree, would be nice if they added them. They did say if I remember right that theyd be adding spots, doesnt look like they added very many tho.

No ES, no sale. Especially since they didn't exactly dominate NECA as I would have liked them to; would have gave me more reason to purchase.

Back