Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC should loan out the 1:4 license (movie license at least) and get a cut from each piece sold

Feels like this will be a piece that looks much better in hand. May actually get this and display with the 1/3 scale WW and bale bats if it comes out okay. Gonna piss off nerds everywhere.

SSC should loan out the 1:4 license (movie license at least) and get a cut from each piece sold

Greed, why share profits when they can sell this crap too people and make even larger profits. If they partner with prime 1 for instance, they will make much less per unit sold, and as of right now people still buy their crappy movie statues so its not going to happen. However, if people just stopped buying their movie pfs, then partnering with Prime 1 would be a legitimate option as it would then maximize shareholder earnings since they would be making some money, albeit smaller amounts, on all the statues sold. Some revenue is better then no revenue, but as of now that smaller portion isn't in sideshows best interest because these crappy movies pfs are still profitable for them

With Sideshow's prices on 1/4 scale creeping up ($685 for 22" Iron Man, anyone?) I feel like these Prime 1 pieces are priced very competitively ($1000 for 33" Superman).

As long as there are people who are more than happy to make excuses for bad likenesses (ill pretend its a comic version instead of movie!) we will continue to have more and more pieces like the SS WW statue.

As long as there are people who are more than happy to make excuses for bad likenesses (ill pretend its a comic version instead of movie!) we will continue to have more and more pieces like the SS WW statue.

Ya those idiots are only hurting themselves though. They are buying worthless polystone statues that will only go down in value over time, especially with all these better likeness statues on the market. Sideshow could get by before, when they were the only one in the game, now they just bank on lower prices of 1/4 scale to get sales. I just hope people see through this and realize that spending more for prime1 is the only way to go to maximize value in dollars spent. Saving money to buy the smaller scale crap isnt really saving money when it ends up worthless. Always buy the statue with the best likeness representation on the market, if you can't afford it and ssc teases you with a subpar 1/4 version just pass. In time, they may outsource it to prime 1 and you will end up with the 1/4 scale of your dreams.. do not settle or you could find yourself with a collection of very expensive but worthless movie crap

Last edited:
I just ordered this. It is my first movie piece, I hope it won't look that out of place displayed with the EX alongside other 1/3 Arkham pieces

Greed, why share profits when they can sell this crap too people and make even larger profits. If they partner with prime 1 for instance, they will make much less per unit sold, and as of right now people still buy their crappy movie statues so its not going to happen. However, if people just stopped buying their movie pfs, then partnering with Prime 1 would be a legitimate option as it would then maximize shareholder earnings since they would be making some money, albeit smaller amounts, on all the statues sold. Some revenue is better then no revenue, but as of now that smaller portion isn't in sideshows best interest because these crappy movies pfs are still profitable for them

Also they don't have to spend money creating the statues (electricity, staff, waste loss etc) they just make pure profit. It's free money with no outlay.

Ssc will not give up the 1/4 scale license, not when they can get people to buy crappy quality statues at crazy prices given the quality. When people stop falling for thier tricks and stop buying the movie pfs, they will give it up but until then they will keep selling this overpriced crap to people that overlook this **** and dont care about being ripped off. If you could sell worthless rocks for $100 a pop, you probably wouldnt stop selling them either until people stopped buying them.

Price is high on these 1/3 statues but buying 1 of these is still way better value then buying 2 of sideshows crappy movie pfs. You spend practically the same amount except the 2 ssc ones are basically worthless, due to the crap quality. Good luck not taking big losses if you ever try to sell them, if they even sell that is, especially with all these better quality statues on the market

I totally agree with that in terms of quality and value but for those of us where lack of space is the main issue it doesn't really help. I probably only have room for a couple of statues at such huge scale, I'll get the JL Batman because that base and pose is so perfect. May have to pass on this because the price of shipping the exclusive to the UK is just way too high.

Thankfully Sideshow do at least make good comic versions of these characters. No idea why they are so bad with the likeness of real actors.

I totally agree with that in terms of quality and value but for those of us where lack of space is the main issue it doesn't really help. I probably only have room for a couple of statues at such huge scale, I'll get the JL Batman because that base and pose is so perfect. May have to pass on this because the price of shipping the exclusive to the UK is just way too high.

Thankfully Sideshow do at least make good comic versions of these characters. No idea why they are so bad with the likeness of real actors.

I'm still of the opinion that they just don't want to pay the actors likeness fees etc, otherwise how do you account for their repeated failures the past 4-5 years?

I know they say the pieces do have the 'actors likeness', but the statue is proof that it doesn't.

Feels like this will be a piece that looks much better in hand. May actually get this and display with the 1/3 scale WW and bale bats if it comes out okay. Gonna piss off nerds everywhere.

I was thinking the same thing about the Bale Batman vs. the Affleck Batman which has a base WAY too big for my display.

I'm still of the opinion that they just don't want to pay the actors likeness fees etc, otherwise how do you account for their repeated failures the past 4-5 years?

I know they say the pieces do have the 'actors likeness', but the statue is proof that it doesn't.

I wish they'd stop trying movie pieces and just leave that to Prime 1. Sideshow should stick to comic versions which on the whole look very good.

This is the fastest sellout that I've seen in a long time! It was waitlisted about 10 minutes ago. Wow...

I knew it would happen, that's why I did not hesitate to pull the trigger when I did. This piece will look epic!!!

This is the fastest sellout that I've seen in a long time! It was waitlisted about 10 minutes ago. Wow...

I knew it would happen, that's why I did not hesitate to pull the trigger when I did. This piece will look epic!!!

Damn lucky that I preordered almost straight away. Was thinking about doing it later over lunch (now), which would've been too late.

But I'm sure anyone who goes on the Waitlist today should at least convert.

The Wonder Woman Ultimate set took longer to go to Waitlist didn't it?

Damn lucky that I preordered almost straight away. Was thinking about doing it later over lunch (now), which would've been too late.

But I'm sure anyone who goes on the Waitlist today should at least convert.

The Wonder Woman Ultimate set took longer to go to Waitlist didn't it?

With a 350 ES, some will convert, but very few. Plus, unfortunately for this hobby, some will buy this EX just to flip.

Back