Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, with the news about Cavill possibly leaving I'm feeling kind of inspired to order this now. Since it looks like Sideshow still has the regular available.

Only thing is I actually prefer the darker blue of the proto and BVS and can't quite tell from videos how much it's been lightened up...

What, you're not looking forward to a possible Michael B. Jordan Superman statue? :lol

What, you're not looking forward to a possible Michael B. Jordan Superman statue? :lol

That idea that is being floated on the internet, would never work.... at least in the near future.

Yes it may achieve box office success in the states to a certain extent, but it'll be another film that again over achieves in the North American market versus what it earns internationally. And given that a lot of films are now being made to achieve world wide success, I'm not sure that's the best idea if they're looking to make the most money for the studio.

Wanting something to be true and something actually being true are two different things.

I prefer the head sculpt on the 1/3, I think the sculpt is a little flat on the 1/2.

Also that alternative head is awesome, and if I'm being really honest I prefer Superman to be looking eyes front rather than it looking like Zodd has just snapped his neck!

Headsculpt is great on the 1/3 but I don't like the arms

Honestly I prefer the pose and the headsculpt on the 1/2 scale piece, which I have.

But I do agree that the Ex head is great. Which is why I’m probably paying upwards of 30-40% more to preorder the Ex direct from Sideshow over getting the regular locally. And hopefully that walking pose works better in hand.

Unfortunately I've had to cancel this, so if you want the regular from CDUK he's all yours.

Hello, I’m thinking of picking this piece up and would be my first statue if I ultimately do. But just wondering if anyone here has any size comparison for a P1 1/3 vs a 1/4 statue or figure (Hot Toys QS, SS PF, etc.) ?

I see the price of this 2x that of Hot Toys QS series...so am just wondering if P1’s 1/3 line is significantly bigger size-wise..

Hello, I’m thinking of picking this piece up and would be my first statue if I ultimately do. But just wondering if anyone here has any size comparison for a P1 1/3 vs a 1/4 statue or figure (Hot Toys QS, SS PF, etc.) ?

I see the price of this 2x that of Hot Toys QS series...so am just wondering if P1’s 1/3 line is significantly bigger size-wise..

Perhaps someone can post comparisons but obviously 1/3 will look out of scale compared with any 1/4 scale. Not twice the size though obviously :)

Everything on sideshow’s website has measurements....

yeah but nothing beats in-hand pictures though if available.. :)

just a question for those of you seasoned collectors of statues, are the Prime 1s worth their price of asking? My most expensive piece is a HT QS Iron Man, and the only thing that's currently putting me off pressing that order button for Supes is the big jump in price between the QS and the P1 :gah:

just a question for those of you seasoned collectors of statues, are the Prime 1s worth their price of asking? My most expensive piece is a HT QS Iron Man, and the only thing that's currently putting me off pressing that order button for Supes is the big jump in price between the QS and the P1 :gah:

Absolutely worth it. Barely any QC issues, quality paint job and immaculate likeliness i love Prime 1 they are my number one company.

I concur as well. They’re are definitely worth it.

However if all you’ve ever collected are Hot Toy figures, you may need to adjust your expectations a tad, as hand painted statues will never match the almost immaculate paint on the Hot Toy Iron Man figures etc. But the presence, size and fixed proper proportioned pose of a statue just can’t be matched by 1/6 figures imo. And I do currently collect both.

I concur as well. They’re are definitely worth it.

However if all you’ve ever collected are Hot Toy figures, you may need to adjust your expectations a tad, as hand painted statues will never match the almost immaculate paint on the Hot Toy Iron Man figures etc. But the presence, size and fixed proper proportioned pose of a statue just can’t be matched by 1/6 figures imo. And I do currently collect both.

I wouldn't say never as the paint on ECC's statues and their bust looks better or equal in quality to that of Hot Toys, especially their Rosenburg MIB bust, I agree with everything else you said though.

Last edited:
Thanks for your inputs guys! Now I feel more assured in getting Supes haha...

it’s now or never for me in getting a shelf-dominating (if there’s even such a word) Cavill Supes (just love his costume!) as I don’t see any other company attempting to do what P1 did considering how poorly JL fared in the box office.

Thanks for your inputs guys! Now I feel more assured in getting Supes haha...

it’s now or never for me in getting a shelf-dominating (if there’s even such a word) Cavill Supes (just love his costume!) as I don’t see any other company attempting to do what P1 did considering how poorly JL fared in the box office.

Never say never, but it is safe to assume we wont be getting another cavil supes statue from prime 1 or any other company for a while since there is currently no more superman movies in the works. That can all change fast, but still that statue if it happens will be a long ways away

I wouldn't say never as the paint on ECC's statues and their bust looks better or equal in quality to that of Hot Toys, especially their Rosenburg MIB bust, I agree with everything else you said though.

Honestly I've never bought a proper ECC piece other than the potted Little Groot, and honestly that piece could've been much better, especially for the price. And I was a lot happier with the later Hot Toys Baby Groots, so much so that I bought two of them and gave my mum the ECC piece.

With that in mind, I guess using never was a stretch but than again you're paying almost double for equivalent 1/3 scales. The price for their 1/3 AOU Mark 43 and Hulk were overkill imo, relative to the pricing that Prime 1 were charging at the time for their 1/3 scale pieces.

Back