Prime 1 Studio - 1:3 Jim Lee 'Hush' Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That nose poking through is a horrible replication. Not only do the comics not draw it that way but its just an odd look and design choice. They did it to FM Bats too, I hate it. If they want to be accurate cover the damn nose.

The nose doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

However the portrait we saw at comic con certainly doesn’t have any exposed nose

Damn, they are really good at that stubble thing. Such an awesome portrait. First ever smiling Batman in statue form btw?

At this point I can say I'm 100% onboard for the black variant, as long as it's not a nightmare to get.
If it's only via P1's website, that means massive shipping costs + 23% taxes. I easily avoid taxes on expensive stuff when I order from the US thanks to friends there who ship the items to me with a low declared value, but I don't know anyone in Japan.

This is such a long way away though... :gah:

The Frank Miller Blue Bust has a smiling head.

There’s something a bit awesomely sinister about a smiling batman, as he’s not exactly smiling cause he’s happy is he.

There’s something a bit awesomely sinister about a smiling batman, as he’s not exactly smiling cause he’s happy is he.

As someone who defends the Superman for being truer to Lee's proportions for the character than a lot folks are giving it credit for, I admittedly dismissed the idea of smirking Batman portrait for being more All-Star B&R than Hush on the other forum. Now, I agree with your assessment. I really like the idea of it, especially with Batman being a more intellectual character. I imagine the smile capturing the moment where he gets the upper hand during this moment in the opening Croc fight, even if Lee doesn't show it.

2962258-2826571-batman__hush_v2003__1___batman__hush_vol._1__2003_4____page_9.jpg

As someone who defends the Superman for being truer to Lee's proportions for the character than a lot folks are giving it credit for, I admittedly dismissed the idea of smirking Batman portrait for being more All-Star B&R than Hush on the other forum. Now, I agree with your assessment. I really like the idea of it, especially with Batman being a more intellectual character. I imagine the smile capturing the moment where he gets the upper hand during this moment in the opening Croc fight, even if Lee doesn't show it.

2962258-2826571-batman__hush_v2003__1___batman__hush_vol._1__2003_4____page_9.jpg
Pretty cool take on the smirking headsculpt. I think there are lots of places your imagination could make it work. Mainly as he gets the upper hand, as you say. I think it’s very bad ass!

It was me who first brought up the idea of a grinning portrait over on the statue forum. I can see how the idea of it made people unable to see how the smirk would work given the statues pose, however I like it on the thoughts of it being he is just leaving or approaching a rooftop after or before giving a bunch of criminals a beating. Something like that.

100% agree with you. Please fix this Prime One.

That nose poking through is a horrible replication. Not only do the comics not draw it that way but its just an odd look and design choice. They did it to FM Bats too, I hate it. If they want to be accurate cover the damn nose.

100% agree with you. Please fix this Prime One.

honestly it's so minor you won't notice it unless you're starring at it up close. Same with Miller bats and it's not a distraction at all.

honestly it's so minor you won't notice it unless you're starring at it up close. Same with Miller bats and it's not a distraction at all.

Why even make it that way then? Seems like more work on the sculpting end to create the inaccurate detail.

Why even make it that way then? Seems like more work on the sculpting end to create the inaccurate detail.

I don't know, you'll have to ask P1. But every statue has some minor detail that makes you go "hmmmmmmmm, that's an odd choice". IMO this isn't worth delaying the piece, rather have it sooner than delay this 3-4 months to "correct" it. any way, that's my perspective

Definitely no accident. If it doesn't belong with the statue, then it's a tease of the Hush Joker I'm guessing

Love everything from this bats damn. My ONLY gripe. More of a fear is that cape while shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely no accident. If it doesn't belong with the statue, then it's a tease of the Hush Joker I'm guessing

Love most of Lee’s art but I’ve never been a fan of how he draws the joker.

Love most of Lee’s art but I’ve never been a fan of how he draws the joker.

I def agree with that. As amazing as Jim Lee's designs/art were for the majority of Bat characters his Joker was surprisingly bad. His mouth reminds me of a ventriloquist's doll.

joker.jpg
Jim_Lee_Batman_Foes.jpg

You can get it at instocktrades.com $54.99 shipped. They packaged well too.
Cool thanks. I found it on Amazon for $80.50, said it was on sale list price at $99.99, and I thought it can't be that much. And the DC site had it at $49.99 and I wasn't sure if there were different versions of which one was the one to own...

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Hush-Absolute-Jeph-Loeb/dp/1401204260
https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/absolute-batman-hush-new-printing
https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-hush-unwrapped-deluxe-edition
https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/batman-1940/absolute-batman-hush

if you could direct me to the correct one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back