Prime 1 Scorpion Alien 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were going to do a non canon piece out of the blue I almost wish they did something super unique like the Rogue or the Xenocrocodile as a big shake up. This is so similar to the conventional xeno without being quite "there".

Don't get me wrong, P1 did a great job, it's just what they did that great job on wasn't one I was longing for in the first place.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Not a good sculpt. Not elegant. The shoulder pauldrons could have used a little finesse. They look like flotation devices. Even the left arm looks to be in a very unnatural position.

That's a good point. The fingers are turned to the side. They could just be straight forward like it's supporting it's weight.
Not a good sculpt. Not elegant. The shoulder pauldrons could have used a little finesse. They look like flotation devices. Even the left arm looks to be in a very unnatural position.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Via Kelvin on FB

FB_IMG_1537505824716.jpg
FB_IMG_1537505829756.jpg
FB_IMG_1537505835507.jpg
FB_IMG_1537505840330.jpg
FB_IMG_1537505844836.jpg
FB_IMG_1537505848680.jpg

Yeah, this one still isn't for me. But that isn't the end of the world as you can't like them all, on to the next one....

The standard Scorpion Alien is $1.3K, more than the standard Fugitive Predator, which comes with multiple heads, arms, and LED features in several areas. The deluxe Scorpion Alien is $1.4K for an additional egg. Huh.

Guess that gives us a rough idea of how much Prime 1's other Aliens will be. Then again, those will likely come with interchangeable heads and tongues, so the price for each edition may go up $100 or $200 in the movie line.

Extremely steep pricepoints here. Would've hoped the ceiling on the standards would be $1.1 or $1.2K, but we're already past that and I'm not seeing the value compared to other statues they're putting out.

Raw material,labor, licensing and shipping costs continue to rise. So does inflation. There is more to pricing than just arbitrary numbers.

Raw material,labor, licensing and shipping costs continue to rise. So does inflation. There is more to pricing than just arbitrary numbers.

Not saying there isn't. But I'm not comparing the price on this to pieces that came out years ago. I'm looking at products from similar licenses purchased from the same studio that are being solicited at the same time. I realize it's been a decade since a PF cost $300 and I'm not expecting a return to those days, but at a certain point, these things become too expensive for what they are. At the very least, value comparisons to sister products are in order.

Where did you all see pricing on this? I’m not seeing it on Sideshow’s site yet.

I like the idea, but I was floored by the price. Definitely not for me. The statue end of the hobby is officially out of my reach. At this rate, I'll be out of figures altogether in 5 years and on to painting miniatures... :lol

Back