Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myself, I can't see them creating new Aliens OR Predators that they have already released in 1:3 or "a bit bigger than 1:3" just to get scales to match. I wouldn't have thought that folks would be interested in paying the associated prices just for a different pose and a few inches difference? (for clarity - I'm talking about statues here, not Pamela Anderson).

That's my concern as well.

I wouldn't have expected them to plan the 1/3 Predator line back in early 2019 when they announced the City Hunter wall art or even when they revealed their Big Chap and Warrior later that year. But even when that smaller line was the only one in the plans, I'd have taken greater care to make sure the bases and sizes were closer to each other because most people would want to display the line together. Still boggles my mind that this kind of cohesion was missing from the get-go. Either people will respond with "Finally, now I can pull the trigger" or "Why would I get this now?"

That's my concern as well.

I wouldn't have expected them to plan the 1/3 Predator line back in early 2019 when they announced the City Hunter wall art or even when they revealed their Big Chap and Warrior later that year. But even when that smaller line was the only one in the plans, I'd have taken greater care to make sure the bases and sizes were closer to each other because most people would want to display the line together. Still boggles my mind that this kind of cohesion was missing from the get-go. Either people will respond with "Finally, now I can pull the trigger" or "Why would I get this now?"

The inconsistency in scales is also strange given I think they have everything sculpted digitally - which would allow printing then casting/production at any size.

Maybe (as we suspected at the time) the mix of scales was due to license overlaps with other companies when things were announced.

I don't think any of us know ALL the "who has what" ACTIVE licences at various scales any more.

Have you glued it back together yet Col? (and if so - is the fix noticeable?)

Is everything else AOK?

Tried but it didn't take. If anything the break is too clean and flat. If it was more jaggered it would probably be an easier fix. The hose also has a chunk missing.
Retailer has reached out to Prime for a replacement so we'll see how that goes.

Everything else is fantastic. Prime did a great job on this. Much better than I was expecting to be honest.

Been a few reports of scratched resin, as was mine. Was really disappointed.

Took to them really hard with a micro fiber cloth...

20230812_162442.jpg

20230812_162741.jpg

Tried but it didn't take. If anything the break is too clean and flat. If it was more jaggered it would probably be an easier fix. The hose also has a chunk missing.
Retailer has reached out to Prime for a replacement so we'll see how that goes.

Everything else is fantastic. Prime did a great job on this. Much better than I was expecting to be honest.

Won't that mean replacing the entire upper torso?

If it wasn't for the hose, roughing up both sides of the joint along with something more effective than superglue would have worked.

If the hose has a chunk missing (unless it's an easy fix with sculpey or UV resin etc.) then I guess you have no choice but ask for a replacement.

Well-done on sorting out a fair bit of the scratches on the "water" though! If you wanted to, you could use one of those pastes for removing scratches in perspex or glass to get rid of the rest.

Won't that mean replacing the entire upper torso?

If it wasn't for the hose, roughing up both sides of the joint along with something more effective than superglue would have worked.

If the hose has a chunk missing (unless it's an easy fix with sculpey or UV resin etc.) then I guess you have no choice but ask for a replacement.

Well-done on sorting out a fair bit of the scratches on the "water" though! If you wanted to, you could use one of those pastes for removing scratches in perspex or glass to get rid of the rest.

Yeah, new torso. Not really happy to be fixing up a 3K statue.
See what they say.

All the scratches are now gone. Wouldn't want to be using products on the resin as it may ruin the nice glossy finish. One guy buffed his with a Dremel, ouch!

See what they say.

All the scratches are now gone. Wouldn't want to be using products on the resin as it may ruin the nice glossy finish. One guy buffed his with a Dremel, ouch!

Good luck with the customer service . . . and let's hope it doesn't take long to get sorted.

Dremel - LOL - not a risk I'd have taken (not even with a buffing attachment) - that sort of thing needs gentle manual effort all the way. Glad to hear at least THAT part is now fixed.

See what they say.

The scratches are gone because you kept going at it with a microfiber cloth?

Yeah mate.

Makes it look a TON better (I think it's primarily the other heads that were putting me off this for some reason).

REALLY pleased you've got this assembled OK, so you can enjoy it while waiting on the replacement bit.

Congrats again mate - you deserve this!

Back