Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That too. And also I am starting to appriciate the more simple bases for statue. It just adds lots of unnecessary expense and half of it cannot even be seen when you are watching the statue.
Couldn't agree more with this. I really do like the base on the 1/3 JH, but the idea of a small circular base focusing on the character tickles my pickle.

This was great:

alien-big-chap_alien_gallery_5c4bd9c54aa8e.jpg

Shame the production paint apps were so poor, but the overall design was everything it needed to be with zero excess. If Prime 1 put all their Predators on bases like this, I would've ordered the City Hunter as well. You can't mess up minimal. It's always going to work.

That’s too simplistic. That cheapens the whole look for me. The base for this predator is one of best I’ve ever seen. There’s even little fish in the water for Christ sakes. :lol

Secret Compass has received their first batch and are invoicing people. Note that if you ordered with the free shipping option to let shane know so he can update. He sent me an invoice for 2999 plus shipping instead of the original 3298 shipped price.

Secret Compass has received their first batch and are invoicing people. Note that if you ordered with the free shipping option to let shane know so he can update. He sent me an invoice for 2999 plus shipping instead of the original 3298 shipped price.
Free shipping option? It's been so long since I ordered, how would I know?

That’s too simplistic. That cheapens the whole look for me. The base for this predator is one of best I’ve ever seen. There’s even little fish in the water for Christ sakes. :lol
I feel the exact opposite. Although I do like the fish. The base for this Predator is stellar, but generally I'd prefer minimal because it's easier to screw up the complicated stuff. Case in point, Prime 1's other bases.

Couldn't agree more with this. I really do like the base on the 1/3 JH, but the idea of a small circular base focusing on the character tickles my pickle.

This was great:

Shame the production paint apps were so poor, but the overall design was everything it needed to be with zero excess. If Prime 1 put all their Predators on bases like this, I would've ordered the City Hunter as well. You can't mess up minimal. It's always going to work.
That's too bare bones for me. I like my bases somewhere in the middle between the above and the extremes of prime 1. That said prime 1 managed to thread the needle with the JH base, it's big but conceptually top notch.

I feel the exact opposite. Although I do like the fish. The base for this Predator is stellar, but generally I'd prefer minimal because it's easier to screw up the complicated stuff. Case in point, Prime 1's other bases.

See I like for the base to be as much part of the story as the statue/figure is. A super-detailed environmental base (such as with this Predator) just really helps sell the overall look as opposed to if he were just standing on a black turntable (lazy Susan). :lol Plus that would require zero effort, and we all know damn well these companies would charge the same price with or without a complex base.

This was great:

I am somewhere in the middle regarding this. This is too simplistic for me.

Over the years I have come to appreciate smaller simple bases and museum poses. The extra boxes and space have become a factor. A lot of custom marvel statues have excessive bases that can take away from the character. The JH seems great and just enough IMO. Also a fan of the simple ones like this.

Attachments

• received_798309804920530.jpeg
    received_798309804920530.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Free shipping option? It's been so long since I ordered, how would I know?
The new site won't tell you, I screen grab all my orders in case of situations like this, but it may also show up in your original confirmation email if you have it. What is your order date?

The new site won't tell you, I screen grab all my orders in case of situations like this, but it may also show up in your original confirmation email if you have it. What is your order date?
July 6, 2021. Wow, just over two years ago.

Back