Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how long I've been waiting now for something from Spec which has been in stock for a while and got down to saying only 1 left but haven't heard anything yet

I'm not sure how long I've been waiting now for something from Spec which has been in stock for a while and got down to saying only 1 left but haven't heard anything yet

Interesting that Spec Fiction are having issues with deliveries as well as Secret Compass . . . per my post on the previous page . . .

.My order is not for THIS, but is for the PRIME1 Sengoku Predator - which was in stock at PRIME1, 8 months ago when Shane (Secret Compass) kindly allowed me to order one even though he didn't have it up for order any more.

I'm assuming Shane has been telling you folks basically the same thing as he's been telling me? . . . 3 extracts from various emails over the last 4 months (most recent exchange was 3 weeks ago) are below . . .

"our Distributor is working through a massive backlog in Asia, due to the pandemic, not sure when we will have this in stock"
"they are steadily sending merchandise, we get a shipment every 4-6 weeks"
"our Distributor is doing everything in their power to get this backlog resolved, we don't have a date yet on this"

Shane did say he was getting orders every 4-6 weeks.

However, I just re-checked every "subscriber" email sent out since Oct 14th 2022 (that's 10 emails in total, over a period of 8+ months).

These show items listed under the headings "New Arrivals Shipping Now", "Expected Soon" and "Last Call".

I could not spot a SINGLE PRIME 1 piece mentioned in those categories in any of those emails.

So I'm a little confused (and concerned) - basically, I really don't understand what's going on :dunno

I'd contact Shane again, but I don't want to hassle him if things are out of his control. Hope this all gets sorted soon for everyone's sakes.

Very concerning to say the least, maybe someone can reach out to him.

Last edited:
Interesting that Spec Fiction are having issues with deliveries as well as Secret Compass . . . per my post on the previous page . . .

Shane did say he was getting orders every 4-6 weeks.

However, I just re-checked every "subscriber" email sent out since Oct 14th 2022 (that's 10 emails in total, over a period of 8+ months).

These show items listed under the headings "New Arrivals Shipping Now", "Expected Soon" and "Last Call".

I could not spot a SINGLE PRIME 1 piece mentioned in those categories in any of those emails.

So I'm a little confused (and concerned) - basically, I really don't understand what's going on :dunno

I'd contact Shane again, but I don't want to hassle him if things are out of his control. Hope this all gets sorted soon for everyone's sakes.

I don't think the P1 stuff is in there. I have gotten multiple P1 pieces recently, one just yesterday actually, and none show up on those emails.

Secret Compass, I mentioned about the email lists you were talking about.

Thank-you for the info :duff

I still don't understand why these are not included in Shane's "subscriber" emails (makes no sense to exclude them), but for anyone watching this thread, they can now breath a little easier.

Let's hope that all the long-standing "in stock at PRIME1" orders that Spec Fiction, Secret Compass and every international intermediary have on their books, ship to us soon . . .

. . . OR . . . at the very least . . . we get a reasonably accurate ETA from the companies holding our pre-payments :pray:

Well I was able to get my car fixed at very little cost… well still a big cost but my mileage check from work almost covered it.

I still might cancel. The hype has worn off and damn it there is no place to put it. It’s just too damn deep. Even my son (who is the bigger predator fan) said it’s too damn big.

Not to mention I just paid off XM Legendary Beast Hulk exclusive. While I think I’m made of money, I’m not. Lol. Something has to go and Hulk, for me, trumps the Predator. Now if I did not already own their original jungle hunter 1/4 I might be singing a different tune. That’s a damn fine statue.

Still not sure though. If I could sell some other statues I may keep it. But again keep it for what? So it can sit in a box. ****** is too damn deep lol

Well I was able to get my car fixed at very little cost… well still a big cost but my mileage check from work almost covered it.

I still might cancel. The hype has worn off and damn it there is no place to put it. It’s just too damn deep. Even my son (who is the bigger predator fan) said it’s too damn big.

Not to mention I just paid off XM Legendary Beast Hulk exclusive. While I think I’m made of money, I’m not. Lol. Something has to go and Hulk, for me, trumps the Predator. Now if I did not already own their original jungle hunter 1/4 I might be singing a different tune. That’s a damn fine statue.

Still not sure though. If I could sell some other statues I may keep it. But again keep it for what? So it can sit in a box. ****** is too damn deep lol

Did you mean the 1:3.5 PRIME1 piece? (attitude & style) or the Sadshow/SWS 1:4 maquette? (the original and honored).

Either way - I understand why they would take the shine off THIS piece.

I even much prefer the pose on the 1:3 Cinemaquette to the 1:3 PRIME1 piece . . . the PRIME 1 has a “Look Mom - I’m having me photo taken” feel vs. the Cinemaquette’s “You looking at ME b***h?” feel.

Still - each to their own.

Did you mean the 1:3.5 PRIME1 piece? (attitude & style) or the Sadshow/SWS 1:4 maquette? (the original and honored).

Either way - I understand why they would take the shine off THIS piece.

I even much prefer the pose on the 1:3 Cinemaquette to the 1:3 PRIME1 piece . . . the PRIME 1 has a “Look Mom - I’m having me photo taken” feel vs. the Cinemaquette’s “You looking at ME b***h?” feel.

Still - each to their own.

Prime 1’s piece. Pose is perfect. It is a movie accurate mask away from being perfect for me…. Yes the color is off but I can live with that.

Prime 1’s piece. Pose is perfect. It is a movie accurate mask away from being perfect for me…. Yes the color is off but I can live with that.

I agree with you 100% - I too don't give a damn about the colour . . . LOVE the thing - the best sculpt/pose on a mass produced collectible EVER.

the best sculpt/pose on a mass produced collectible EVER.

I just said the same thing to my son the other day.

The pose especially is by far the best. It is very realistic looking and perfectly balanced in a way that mimics how it would be in real life in the same pose. You can feel the weight being forced on to that bent leg. The position of the arms. It’s all just perfect.

I'd keep my order if I were you.
I ordered through Sideshow and received mine a while back.

I was hyped, but to see in my home was mindblowing. Even the wife whom usually could care less was present for the entire unboxing/setup, and was admiring the details in the base and details on the statue such as quills on the head & body.

I had my statue for a while now but after going back and forth I decided to sell it. I know many of you guys love it and I agree it is very well made statue but to me it just didn't evoke the feeling of the Predator and Kevin Peter Hall from the movie so it is leaving my collection and personally I am still waiting for my definitive Jungle Hunter.

I had my statue for a while now but after going back and forth I decided to sell it. I know many of you guys love it and I agree it is very well made statue but to me it just didn't evoke the feeling of the Predator and Kevin Peter Hall from the movie so it is leaving my collection and personally I am still waiting for my definitive Jungle Hunter.

Yeah - agreed. There was just something that wasn't right about it.

They went too big on everything including price. I would have bought the bust but it was way overpriced.
That too. And also I am starting to appriciate the more simple bases for statues. It just adds lots of unnecessary expense and half of it cannot even be seen when you are watching the statue.

Yeah - agreed. There was just something that wasn't right about it.

Yes. I didn't get the vibe of the creature from the statue personally.

Last edited:
CoarseThirdCanvasback-max-1mb.gif

Back