Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
188142696_4129903803722897_1662393823925796743_n.jpg

o0PfFub.png

OAh19zo.png

h3Giw6o.png

ufGkXNn.png

qZLqc6s.png

DEk6e4u.png

HIXXSSd.png

W8PlHjC.png

UpMWgYq.png

A52OTyz.png

BZqLfLE.png

I hope that close mouth head sculpt will be included.

I'd rather see them again over that stupid 'Beach Bod' picture.

I thought it was amusing. The ****ing match between those three was more off-topic than a silly Photoshop edit. This board's really lost its sense of humor. We used to do that stuff all the time, all in good fun.

A lot of effort went into that :lol

The more I look at this, the more I think it's so much better than the CM. If they do slightly trim this out, it would undoubtedly improve it. But it's still going to be awesome either way if they put the amount effort required into production.

Anyone who is downvoting that Jungle Hunter, simply just can?t afford it in the end. Period.

I thought it was amusing. The ****ing match between those three was more off-topic than a silly Photoshop edit. This board's really lost its sense of humor. We used to do that stuff all the time, all in good fun.

I tried. :lol

And even though I am dead serious about the shirt, seeing how much P1 shipping has been lately, and how much the Godzilla stuff just dropped for, I won't get ahead of myself...

I'm hoping this 1/3 turns out fab. But reality is it's still a mass produced statue and some areas will definitely be cheapened during production. Though I still believe it's reasonable for them to them to aim for at least 85% or even 90% as it has been done before and can be done again.

Anyone who is downvoting that Jungle Hunter, simply just can?t afford it in the end. Period.

Someone said something similar in the 1/4 thread. While the 1/4 is cheaper and I'm no longer a fan of it, this is such a silly statement to make on a collectibles board that, at this point, is only populated by diehard fans who haven't tapped out due to rising prices. And quite a few members on here own or have owned the expensive grails of the past.

I'm hoping this 1/3 turns out fab. But reality is it's still a mass produced statue and some areas will definitely be cheapened during production. Though I still believe it's reasonable for them to them to aim for at least 85% or even 90% as it has been done before and can be done again.

If this costs $2500 or more, it will be the most expensive mass-produced Predator collectible ever made, even after factoring inflation for previous pieces like the CM. If it doesn't turn out to be the best, it ought to at least be among the best. Having that said, none of that means perfection. There's wiggle room, they just need to be smart about where and how they make their compromises.

If this costs $2500 or more, it will be the most expensive mass-produced Predator collectible ever made, even after factoring inflation for previous pieces like the CM. If it doesn't turn out to be the best, it ought to at least be among the best. Having that said, none of that means perfection. There's wiggle room, they just need to be smart about where and how they make their compromises.

Agree and after seeing more vids of the 1/4, must say I think they did pretty well with that one. It's no dog alien outcome but it's a solid 80+ for me. I think they will definitely be aiming higher with this 1/3, esp with all the promo, actual film license and P1 director even making an appearance.

I do agree that the more I see of the 1/4, the more I like it. Ill still be selling it before the 1/3 arrives, however Its still a good piece.id give it 70% of what thd prototype looked liked.

The price argument is a tad silly. I own the CM, the Winston Maquette and all the lifesize Busts and think the 1/4 is ultimately over priced. If this is 3K, theyll be heading that way with this aswell

I do agree that the more I see of the 1/4, the more I like it. Ill still be selling it before the 1/3 arrives, however Its still a good piece.id give it 70% of what thd prototype looked liked.

The price argument is a tad silly. I own the CM, the Winston Maquette and all the lifesize Busts and think the 1/4 is ultimately over priced. If this is 3K, theyll be heading that way with this aswell

Agree price doesn't always necessitate quality. Sometimes things just muck up and **** happens. I think what brought up the price of the 1/4 essentially was the base. That's the biggest difference between it and the Fugitive, CH 1/4 scales which had much more simple bases. If they opted for a more simplistic base would have probably shaved about $200 US off the price.

Only thing on the market atm I can see possibly comparable to the 1/3 JH (which someone else mentioned in statue forum) is the 1/3 doom slayer ultimate edition and that's priced at $2400. Got a ton of swap outs, huge detailed base, though Doom himself is smaller than the JH. Hard to think (though not impossible) the standard edition will exceed this and if so, won't be by that much. All speculation at this point, we'll find very soon!

A lot of effort went into that :lol

The more I look at this, the more I think it's so much better than the CM. If they do slightly trim this out, it would undoubtedly improve it. But it's still going to be awesome either way if they put the amount effort required into production.

Yeah I have to agree. I wasn't super familiar with the CM before since I'm not a big statue collector, but having looked at pics of it now, the pose on the P1 looks SO much more natural and organic to me. Especially with the way they have his shoulders hunched and chest puffed out more. The stance on the CM seems kinda odd in comparison with the straight back and slightly bent legs.

The CM is also way too slim for my taste as well, at least from all the pics I'm seeing, The P1 might be a bit too hefty, but I'll take that over the surfer looking Predator any day.

The CM is also way too slim for my taste as well, at least from all the pics I'm seeing, The P1 might be a bit too hefty, but I'll take that over the surfer looking Predator any day.

People seams to forget that CM Predator is Steve Wang's artistic vision. It's has nothing to do with the original 1987 Predator. Prime 1 is the first movie accurate 1:3 scale Jungle Predator statue ever.

People seams to forget that CM Predator is Steve Wang's artistic vision. It's has nothing to do with the original 1987 Predator. Prime 1 is the first movie accurate 1:3 scale Jungle Predator statue ever.

This is exactly why im keeping my CM. Its a SWS artists interpretation of what he would have done if he was in Stan's shoes. Its an awesome peice and I'll likely never get rid of it due to the history, but I must say I prefer P1's 1/3 prototype. Whether or not the production piece will look the same we're yet to know

Back