Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
♫♪♫
PoliceSmilie.gif
♪♫♪

So uh, anyone ordering this in Australia? Is Prime 1 direct the only option? Coz those shipping prices are scary.
Popcultcha don't have any distribution for Prime1 and nothing on the cards soon apparently. I have to order it direct or thru spec fiction

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So uh, anyone ordering this in Australia? Is Prime 1 direct the only option? Coz those shipping prices are scary.

I?m just going to order the deluxe directly through Prime 1, I did the same thing with their City Hunter, even if Popcultcha stock this in the future they wouldn?t sell the delux edition so i?d Be ordering from Prime 1 regardless. Honestly, think about it this way, if the price scares you just remember that it won?t start shipping for a long time. It?s a win win situation, if you don?t have money time will feel faster, if you do have the money then...you have money ahaha

I?m just going to order the deluxe directly through Prime 1, I did the same thing with their City Hunter, even if Popcultcha stock this in the future they wouldn?t sell the delux edition so i?d Be ordering from Prime 1 regardless. Honestly, think about it this way, if the price scares you just remember that it won?t start shipping for a long time. It?s a win win situation, if you don?t have money time will feel faster, if you do have the money then...you have money ahaha

I have no idea why all my apostrophes are being converted to question marks ahahah wtf

Shame because it is a nice piece other than the mask and without the mask it falls short of the SWS EX because as it stands, the SWS EX REMAINS THE ONLY STATUE WITH BOTH a movie-accurate profile AND mask...also not a fan of the jungle diorama as it gives it a gi joe action figure vibe.

I am not going to be bias, I genuinely think the fact that Stan Winston himself overlooked that Sideshow piece makes it very special. I feel the same about the Cinemaquette knowing Steve hand sculpted his own interpretation of the Jungle Hunter and worked on the original design too. But when it comes down to detail, swap outs, paint and sculpt the Prime 1 takes it. I am not saying this because I can not get the Cinemaquette or the Sideshow piece (and yes I have seen both in person). They are hands down incredible, I genuinely love both and the fact that Stan and Steve were involved makes them so special. Now...I am pretty positive you do not know this BUT Steve Wang actually messaged the sculptor of this Predator saying how incredible it is and even spoke about the sculptor potentially working with him on a piece in the future. The fact Steve went out of his way to track down the sculptor and message him after seeing pictures of this Predator I think that says a **** load about it. So in a sense this also has the Steve Wang tick of a approval.

77C8B162-D95C-4A4B-96E5-5CE6BF9E7708.jpg

Honestly, anyone who thinks Sideshow’s competes with this Prime 1 pred either owns it, can’t afford the Prime 1 piece or is just a troll

View attachment 465288

Honestly, anyone who thinks Sideshow?s competes with this Prime 1 pred either owns it, can?t afford the Prime 1 piece or is just a troll
[emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]
[emoji817]
The pics speak for themselves.

Subjectively speaking, the SWS version may have been the "bees knees" back over ten years ago, but I honestly dont see how anyone can say with a straight face that it holds it's own against the Prime 1. That's just me. I dont see it. [emoji2369]

Preorder tomorrow baby!!

The Jungle....it just came alive and took him!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am not going to be bias, I genuinely think the fact that Stan Winston himself overlooked that Sideshow piece makes it very special. I feel the same about the Cinemaquette knowing Stan hand sculpted his own interpretation of the Jungle Hunter and worked on the original design too. But when it comes down to detail, swap outs, paint and sculpt the Prime 1 takes it. I am not saying this because I can not get the Cinemaquette or the Sideshow piece (and yes I have seen both in person). They are hands down incredible, I genuinely love both and the fact that Stan and Steve were involved makes them so special. Now...I am pretty positive you do not know this BUT Steve Wang actually messaged the sculptor of this Predator saying how incredible it is and even spoke about the sculptor potentially working with him on a piece in the future. The fact Steve went out of his way to track down the sculptor and message him after seeing pictures of this Predator I think that says a **** load about it. So in a sense this also has the Steve Wang tick of a approval.
That's an awesome tidbit of info there! Makes you wonder what Stan himself would have thought of it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I hope that extra tree display won't cost too much extra. As much space as it might take up, this statue feels like it really needs that extra backdrop to help put the character in the scene and give it the proper rainforest feel. Otherwise we're just going to be looking at a Predator crouching on a rock in front of a beige wall at home. Lol

[emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]
[emoji817]
The pics speak for themselves.

Subjectively speaking, the SWS version may have been the "bees knees" back over ten years ago, but I honestly dont see how anyone can say with a straight face that it holds it's own against the Prime 1. That's just me. I dont see it. [emoji2369]

Preorder tomorrow baby!!

The Jungle....it just came alive and took him!

You are comparing a bad shot of a production piece made 15 years ago to a modern prototype piece, that really isn't a fair comparison nor did you take into account the mask still looks better on the SWS one. I like them both and will probably add this guy if they don't do a larger one.

Okay, Freaks, stop trolling each other and have some respect for other's opinion. Your opinion(s) are not fact. They're just opinions.

I'm looking at you, FreakyGuy.

From the board's CoC: . . .

Thread cleaned.

Next time I see a reported post from this thread I'll make like it's Halloween and hand out infractions like they're candy. You've been warned.

Thread reopened. Play nice.

Ever-watching, ever-reliable, ever-ready (and with more power than their batteries) :)

Not sure what I missed - but serves me right for only checking in daily :lol

Two hours and thirteen minutes until this goes live on the Prime 1 site! Not that it matters much to North American buyers, but at least we'll find out the price!

C6CCC731-9F88-4061-9707-5A6E63F1A1A3.jpg

I knew this comment would come so I already made a comparison of both prototypes side by side.

I'm not denying the Prime looks better than the SWS overall, but I think the Bio on the OG is still far better and everyone already knows the history of it as it being the only Predator statue SWS actually had a hand in. That won't mean anything to the casual fan of course....

View attachment 465290

I knew this comment would come so I already made a comparison of both prototypes side by side.

Thanks for pointing this out—not only is the P1 Mask nowhere near as movie-accurate as the SWS EX Maquette, but the coloring is all wrong!

The original 1987 movie Predator had much more “Browns” on the crown of the head....the P1 paint treatment is almost like a “CHEETAH PRINT” in comparison! See the actual mask from Stan Winston’s Studio during the movie shoot and judge for yourself.

5F12ABC7-D52B-4E96-8CAB-05AA46B01D08.jpeg

Standard comes with masked and open mouthed heads -- and a switch-out bag of skulls like on the cover!
YEAH, BABY, YEAH!

69446714_2488295007883793_7272474101464170496_n.jpg

70366675_2488287751217852_5825458946101477376_o.jpg

69448373_2488295581217069_3883948598039150592_o.jpg

69749120_2488287277884566_1031244320901955584_o.jpg

69496009_2488286587884635_5113691897746948096_n.jpg

69497165_2488286884551272_6811455846669615104_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back