PREVIEW : BUFFY PREMIUM FORMAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
... isn't Buffy suppose to be holding the stake with her right rather than her left? The publicity photo that looked so close to this piece had her holding the stake in her right hand. I tried to find the picture that was posted on this thread but couldn't find it. :confused
It's on page 12, post #11.

Here are two very similar photos from the Season 1 DVD:

The pic on the left is from the inside cover flap. Note that the stake is in her right hand and her hair is parted on the left. The pic on the right is from page two of the DVD episode guide, stake in her left hand, hair parted on the right. The PF Buffy is clearly based upon the photo on the left.

So what is the correct orientation of the photo? SMG usually parted her hair on the left, and is right-handed. But in the photo on the right, with the stake in her dominant hand, her hair is parted on the right.

So what does all this mean? I don't know and I don't care! I gots me a Premium Format Buffy!!!

Although the addition of a cross necklace would be nice.

Thanks FF for the photo comparison. The photo on the left looks like the photo they used for the PF... the stance is almost exact. The head of the PF is tilted back more that in the photo.

Too bad it looks like they used a publicity photo that was flipped. :eek:

It doesn't change the the fact she looks awesome or eh,

:banana :banana :banana AWECORE!!!:banana :banana :banana

Just a quick question. Does anyone know what the approximate shipping to Australia for PF Buffy would be? I really want to have the exclusive, and shipping is hell. I want to know if its worth it!

so just approximate, so anyone whos had a PF shipped to Aus before from Sideshow.:D

My, Buffy IS a bright girl. I think the lamp is a little much, not to mention that the pole sticking out of her head might be distracting. But FF, if you want to customize yours that way when it arrives, I'd love to see pictures!

BDboystoys said:
Just a quick question. Does anyone know what the approximate shipping to Australia for PF Buffy would be? I really want to have the exclusive, and shipping is hell. I want to know if its worth it!

so just approximate, so anyone whos had a PF shipped to Aus before from Sideshow.:D

I suggest you put in a shipping request form, available from the Sideshow site.

I have bought PF's from our good board dealers, and it is around US$80. I think that was USPS. So expect it to be way more from Sideshow. Although I think you may be able to choose your mail service now. I have been thinking about a PF utilising the bad guy offer. If you have an accurate answer please post it, as I would be very interested to know.

If they fix the hair, I'm sold.

BTW, you should see the R4 season 1 dvd artwork. The designers mustn't have known about the other characters, as we get about twenty different images from the same session (the one from which the figure is based).

In terms of actual shots, there are about seven or eight different ones.

This one really puts me in a quandary. She isn't brunette. Of course, neither is SMG, so I see the sense of it....but it means I can't use the old, I only bought it because she reminds me so much of you, dear, so how am I going to explain this one to my wife?

"When I look at her I think of you"
or
"She reminds me of the younger you"

Viking28 said:
"When I look at her I think of you"
or
"She reminds me of the younger you"

Yikes! Whatever you do Gruff old Bear, do not use the "She reminds me of the younger you" one!! I can see the response now. "What, do I look old to you?", "Oh, back when I was slender, attractive and had perky boobies?!!"

If it helps, SMG is really a brunette!

Yup. It's the book.

Actually, it does add a little je nais c'est quois to the piece. I like it!

LINK

gls.jpg

Well, it's about as exciting as could be expected, which is not very. Time to cancel and get the regular version on the cheap.

I actually like the book, as well. Darn! I was hoping I'd just go "Meh" and decide to buy from a board dealer (and I still may do that), but the book does look good laying at her feet. I can buy this figure from a dealer for about $230 or the exclusive from SS for about $260. The question for me is: Is the book worth $30?

Must contemplate this one... :cool:

Hmmm, I think maybe they could have made it a 'real' book, I've seen small novelty books for very low prices and considering that the costuming on this figure is so simple (i.e. the profit margin could be considerably more than some other 1/4th figures at the $250 price) I'd think they could have gone a little further and not just given us the molded piece. Maybe even removable arms that would provide a new pose where the figure could hold the book in an open position.

My one real beef with this figure is the price when comparing it to the John Wayne figure, for instance, Buffy gets almost nothing in the way of clothing....not that that's necessarily a bad thing, :joy but I think that the price point should have been lower when considering that.

Not really a big fan of the book, unless it turns out to be opening I'm gonna cancel the exclusive and save myself some 75 bucks....

Back