PREVIEW : BUFFY PREMIUM FORMAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Rage said:
Exclusive ES is 350 and there are only about 20 left. NICE!

Yeah...but the exclusive isn't all THAT great/important....I think most are buying because it is a good sculpt...not, because of the book.

Something like the Predator Exclusive or even the Lurtz Exclusive are much more "collectable" in my opinion..

I don't collect the PF figures but I'm so thrilled to hear that the exclusive for this is almost sold out! Go Buffy!! Now, if they ever do an Illyria I may not be able to resist that one!

Re: Buffy PF

MiskatonicNick said:
for me the eyes are not SMG's - the pupil/iris is too small against the white of the eye...
EYES.JPG

Nick

Good call...and this is the sort of thing that can still be fixed. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets fixed.

And if not, I'm way past the mint condition fixation and ready to repaint whenever it's advantageous...

darth dyp**** said:
Gee....STILL about 5 left...People are really baulking at buying this hey?

Makes you wonder if there is even a market for a "regular" version..:confused:

Well, there's definitely a market for the "regular" version. If you are a member of Time & Space Toys BCC (Buffy's Collector's Club" you can save quite a bit and a lot of people said they were going to buy from secondary stores for the cheaper price. A lot of people weren't excited enough about the vampire book to pay full price.

And what about all the people overseas? i for one don't have a creditcard, and can't order anything from the USA or UK, so i'll just buy it here from a retailer.
I think alot of people have this problem, either that.. or they don't feel like paying tons for shipping.
As far as i know, Buffy was more popular in Europe to begin with, so who knows how well this one will do? i think we just have to wait and see

And like Fireflyfanatic said, the book just isn't such a great exclusive to most people, just not worth the extra money

And just wait til this item gets some display time at SDCC! I think there are still a lot of people who don't know about it and when they see it at SDCC, whatever's left in everyone's inventory will go quickly! Can't wait for updated photos on the "tweaked" hair style. Fingers crossed that they'll have a new prototype available to show at the con! :D

If this sells out well before the ship date like I'm sure it will, I think that says enough about the potential success of this line. Bring on Angel, Spike and Faith. Oh and Dark Willow and Illyria. :wacky

As Sammet said, there are still people without CC (in Europe a CC is less commen then in the USA).
Besides that, we get the VAT taxes and a big shipping bill (for Xmen-Sentinel that adds an extra $100), so a lot will go to the secondary market for this one.

darth dyp**** said:
Gee....STILL about 5 left...People are really baulking at buying this hey?

Makes you wonder if there is even a market for a "regular" version..:confused:

I think the market for the regular is much bigger, the exclusive just doesn't do it for people so people won't be so inclined to spend the extra money for it (the difference for me in europe from getting an exclusive from SS or getting a regular from a retailer is like $75, which is alot of money for a 1/4 scale book...). And of course there's the no-CC problem with lots of people here like Sammet says....

Sammet said:
And what about all the people overseas? i for one don't have a creditcard, and can't order anything from the USA or UK, so i'll just buy it here from a retailer.

I don't have a credit card either, and I used to send a money order to pay for those must have direct items. Not that I was a big buyer or anything. I hate credit cards. Then I got myself a Visa debit card, just to fall into line, and make sure I could get items, such as the SDCC ones. It isn't, perhaps, advertised that a debit card is alright to use, so get one and go for it. Make sure it isn't just your local bank one. Get a Visa or Mastercard.

America is the biggest market for Sideshow collectibles, and so it is catered for accordingly. Even so, many Americans prefer to get items from the secondary market for obvious reasons. It is unfortunate that exclusives do exclude overseas buyers the way they do. I am waiting patiently that one day we get a Sideshow warehouse in my country. Other than that, have items shipped directly from China, which would save overall shipping for me, as I feel I am paying for shipping to America and then back here, in the current costings.

Back