Premier Toys Wasteland Gladiator 1/6th figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and the other two don't seem that much better. Present's is around $150 and DT's is $170 to $200. I'm leaning more to just picking and choosing parts from the remaining two figures. Seems like we have some time until the other two release. Which gives us plenty of time to prick and prod this figure to death.

A pleasant surprise is that the pouches have magnets. Was not expecting that.

Last edited:
So correct me if I'm wrong...

From this page after page of endless/pointless diatribe - you simply HAVE to buy BOTH figures to 'cobble together' a decent enough figure (a somewhat botched-kitbash abortion of a figure) that will STILL have many faults - is that about right?

Why bother in the first place. Seems this over explanitory-exposition is aimed at the complete novice (or even worse, the brain-dead) to what...? Assist them get over their reluctance to purchase something that would be better off left at the manufacturer's door!!!

What on Earth are you lot doing? Is this a not too subtle back-door promotion of a worse than MEDIOCRE (see what I did) toy?

I have been accused of re-casting in the past... among many things. An item that cannot be found for love nor money, yet once one is purchased has the wrong skin tone/colour is not a crime to re-cast, especially if it is re-make in a better likeness and scale imho... yet here is a figure (or two) that seem to be THE RIGHT PRICE and lo and behold you are all 100% sure it's "not a re-cast" - no waiting, no further investigation - never even mind the likeness is so off as to look like Puss In Boots (you can quote me).
As angry as when those Riddick figures were released huh?
If you were not so high on trashing fellow collectors you would realise that it's massively being considered a let down but those who already paid and have it without the possibility of returning it are trying to salvage what can be.

I myself canceled my order but appreciate the work done here.

You should stop being angry at people not buying from you seriously...

Back to positivity.
A french customizer worked on his, resulting the head,repaint et weathering. Still not a fan of the head,never was since proto pics but he did a good job overall.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1641065528811.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641065528811.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 99
A pleasant surprise is that they added magnets to the pouches.
Did you manage to get the spanner pouch flap closed on yours?
Yes, but getting it into the pouch was tight. I was afraid of tearing it. In their promo pics it doesn't look closed.

A pleasant surprise is that they added magnets to the pouches.

Yes, but getting it into the pouch was tight. I was afraid of tearing it. In their promo pics it doesn't look closed.

The pouch is probably another thing that's different from figure to figure. lol

I got the spanner head right down to the bottom, but can't get the flap over the prongs.

It's sitting all the way down and it stays put. Just not as easy as it would be in real life.

Last edited:
A couple more observations: I like the gloved hands. They could have dumped the bare hands and done all gloved. Depending on you reference material they are fairly accurate. For the life of me I could not understand the remarks about the brace being put on backwards on some. I kept looking at mine and thinking,"What the hell are they talking about, **** it looks the same either way." I then realized why and why mine looked so wide. I don't have one side with a bent bar and the other with a straight bar. They are both bent bars.:rolleyes:

A couple more observations: I like the gloved hands. They could have dumped the bare hands and done all gloved. Depending on you reference material they are fairly accurate. For the life of me I could not understand the remarks about the brace being put on backwards on some. I kept looking at mine and thinking,"What the hell are they talking about, **** it looks the same either way." I then realized why and why mine looked so wide. I don't have one side with a bent bar and the other with a straight bar. They are both bent bars.:rolleyes:

This must be one of the most haphazardly made figures in 1/6 history!

Did you manage to get the spanner pouch flap closed on yours?
Yupp definitely! I had to tug on the spanner a fair amount to achieve this. It closes flat & flush for me after pulling downwards enough to where you can see the beginning of the forklike assembly on the spanner. :)

The problem I had was the flaps for the axe pouch having fabric memory from probably being in the box. Causing the axe pouch to not close as flush or tight as I would want. Hope this helps!

Yupp definitely! I had to tug on the spanner a fair amount to achieve this. It closes flat & flush for me after pulling downwards enough to where you can see the beginning of the forklike assembly on the spanner. :)

The problem I had was the flaps for the axe pouch having fabric memory from probably being in the box. Causing the axe pouch to not close as flush or tight as I would want. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

I'd left it with the spanner right at the bottom of the pouch - I could see by its outline that it was right down - but the prongs were still sticking too far out the top.

Since you were the second to confirm that it fitted, I tried again. This time I pulled with a twisting motion. I think it stretched the pleather out a bit as the prongs were definitely lower afterwards. However, the magnet was then too low for the flap to reach.

A little bit more struggling with the flap and it finally caught the magnet and stayed.

There must've been a bit of give in the pleather. The jacket and trousers are also made of the stretchy, pliable kind of pleather, like VTS' Fury Road Max.

You might be able to work the axe flap the same way.

Regarding the quality of the figure or 3rd parties overall, I don't expect Hot Toys quality
although Lim's recent effort showed that if the project was loved/cared for, it can also be done not having to spend custom route cost.
I have bought many 3rd party figures over the past years and most of my pickings were figures that acquired little to no futzing,
the main problem with them was maybe the quality of the hs, as it was not good enough and I had to buy a better one.
Looking at my collection the above statement stands for Vts Mad Max, Vts Ethan Hunt, Art Figures Riddick, Art Figures Dredd, Xensation Hugh Glass, Pop Toys Nathan Algren, Pop Toys John Preston, Pangaea Achilles, Pangaea Maximus, ThreeQ The Arrow, Play Toys Van Helsing, Bbk Driver, Supermad Toys Officer K,
CC Toys Joel/Elie, and many others that I can also mention.
I still have not received Premier Toys Max, due to new year's and all but from the 1st in-hand photos I saw (shrunken head, odd body)
to the comments of others who have already received the figure, this time the figure will require some serious futzing/body change to look JUST ok.
I myself can do that and maybe some of you but that's not the issue, the issue is that in order to do that, we will have to spend valuable time doing it
and more importantly extra money.
Most people cannot do any customizations so they will either not buy the figure, or buy it and be frustrated with it for it's shortcomings.
If the figure cost like $150 instead of $190 it would MAYBE be ok, spending extra cash not for upgrading but for FIXING is unacceptable for me,
so in the future Premier Toys is dead for me.

I’m still waiting to get notified for my pre-order. For those who have this, do you think the figure more or less can be futzed without major mods to look like Premier Toys’ prototype pictures (and not necessarily people’s ideal Mel Max)? Or was there major cheating done?

Okay. After all the exposition on how to do what, does anyone want to share pics of their figures from all angles to show the outcome. Exposition is nice, but without photos, it just becomes confusing AF. I just opened mine and haven’t had time to take a close look at anything— photos would be of great help. Thanks.

I’m still waiting to get notified for my pre-order. For those who have this, do you think the figure more or less can be futzed without major mods to look like Premier Toys’ prototype pictures (and not necessarily people’s ideal Mel Max)? Or was there major cheating done?

Premier's photos weren't representative of how disproportionate and awkward I personally thought he looked in hand.

At the end of day one I stuck him up on the highest shelf because - way up near the ceiling (!) because I didn't want to see him too closely.

So, for me, changing the body was essential. Starting from that new base things began to come together.

Okay. After all the exposition on how to do what, does anyone want to share pics of their figures from all angles to show the outcome. Exposition is nice, but without photos, it just becomes confusing AF. I just opened mine and haven’t had time to take a close look at anything— photos would be of great help. Thanks.

I've just taken a bunch, starting with the flash on, and then with the flash off with one of the LED standard lamps directed at him instead.

He's on the Ganghood 2.0 body.

100_1711.JPG
100_1712.JPG
100_1713.JPG
100_1714.JPG
100_1716.JPG
100_1720.JPG
100_1724.JPG
100_1725.JPG
100_1726.JPG
100_1729.JPG
100_1732.JPG
100_1733.JPG

Things I noticed from the photos:

The shotgun is opening up again as it's pulled away from the double sided tape - which is the only thing preventing it from dropping open.

The jacket lapel, which was also held down by double sided tape, has also pulled away. It's not surprising since the jacket's been transferred to the new body.

You need to be careful with the jacket's zip. It's very fine, and there isn't much holding the slider on. When I undid the jacket for the final time the slider came right off, and took a while before it would reconnect with both halves.

As angry as when those Riddick figures were released huh?
If you were not so high on trashing fellow collectors you would realise that it's massively being considered a let down but those who already paid and have it without the possibility of returning it are trying to salvage what can be.

I myself canceled my order but appreciate the work done here.

You should stop being angry at people not buying from you seriously...

Back to positivity.
A french customizer worked on his, resulting the head,repaint et weathering. Still not a fan of the head,never was since proto pics but he did a good job overall.
Angry... is that what you're getting?

I think you've missed my point - maybe it got lost in translation - I haven't had to buy (as yet upto) three messed-up figures to cobble together another half-nearly-there-if-you-squint -at-it-looking figure - it's the people who inhabit this hobby who should be 'angry' and demand better, is all I'm saying.

More than happy with MY Riddick as I am with MY Max... feeling sorry for the store-bought versions is all.

Hey, 'Frog - mine are NOT FOR SALE so who's angry lol :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 53467255_609333849542516_6673627627426676736_n.jpg
    53467255_609333849542516_6673627627426676736_n.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 66
Thanks again Asta!

Mods I plan:
Body swap--match new sking colour on new body to existing hs
Shorten axe handle
Make a multi tool and hanger
Repaint the zippers to look more brass colour
Darken all holster straps--and holster
I think from reference photos there needs to be more upper leg straps on the leg brace
I may even try to re-do the shoulder paldron/pad (I have no idea how I will do this but I will try)

Thanks again Asta!

:duff

Mods I plan:
Body swap--match new sking colour on new body to existing hs
Shorten axe handle
Make a multi tool and hanger
Repaint the zippers to look more brass colour
Darken all holster straps--and holster
I think from reference photos there needs to be more upper leg straps on the leg brace
I may even try to re-do the shoulder paldron/pad (I have no idea how I will do this but I will try)

I haven't noticed any more than the two upper straps.

The problem with them, as with the holster straps, is they aren't tight to the leg, but leave gaps at the sides where the brace holds them. Hopefully that will be rectified with Present's brace and holster.

I thought about colouring the body, at least to blend the head to the neck, but to the eye I don't notice the difference. The camera picks it out and exaggerates it, and, as usual when I take photos, makes figures look worse.

Back