PREDATORS – Mr. Black Mask Life-Size Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. Opened her up. I'm sorry but I wont be taking pictures tonight, as my camera is dead and I also need to figure out where it is going. My impressions: I am really happy with it. The mask is light, but solid. The paint apps are good, and the bone jaw looks decent. It's not a perfect paint app on the jaw, but I don't think it detracts from the piece either. If you look at the mask under some direct light, you can really see the red in the mask and the metallic fleck, but under normal lighting it is not nearly as noticeable. It also has some slight damage/burn marks they look good as well. The light up feature is pretty standard, nothing really to note here, it works and it is bright. Finally, the lenses really look awesome, and help provide some depth and realism.

The base has a very good paint app and it is very solid. The base has a felt bottom with Predators print work on it. It looks cool. The magnets that connect the 2 pieces are very strong, no worries about it tipping on its own or even if it is knocked slightly.

The box is nicely realized with full color graphics and some good shots of the mask. If you had this in a store and were trying to sell it, I'm sure the box would garner a lot of attention.

Lastly...my fiance is going to kill me over this one...she already thinks the Preds are creepy...haha.

Feel free to ask questions...

Sounds good man, looks like I won't be disappointed when mine arrives. when you say the Bio is light, is it lighter then the previous ones?

I do not have any of the previous ones, but have held them in the past. I would say that it is close to the others. Its not super light, but compared to the base it is. The only things I would change are that the jaw could use a little bit better paint, and I actually think that the mask itself (not the jaw) could use a semi gloss coat...its a little too flat for my liking. But it still looks sweet!

I looked at it a little more closely and I realized that there really isn't much paint work on this at all...it is mainly cast with a dark red metallic/black metallic impregnated fiberglass, and then the blast marks and other slight paint apps are on top of it. The good news there is that there will likely be very little inconsistency in the quality, bu if you were expecting a fully painted piece, you might be a bit disappointed.

These pics from Tyz1on at Statue Forum best represent what this helmet looks like. If you like how these look, then you will like this bio!

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

I looked at it a little more closely and I realized that there really isn't much paint work on this at all...it is mainly cast with a dark red metallic/black metallic impregnated fiberglass, and then the blast marks and other slight paint apps are on top of it.

This is great news, as I'd much rather have it "be" that color, than just have it "painted". Makes it feel more "real" to me.

Mine SHOULD be here tomorrow, after a reschedule AND a missed pickup! :slap

I'm thinking about bringing it into work, masking off the jaw and the lenses, and having it shot with some clear coat. I think that would a nice texture difference, and perhaps bring out some of the red and metallic fleck in the mask.

Hey guys! My review is up on the Berserker Bio :) Please check it out here:

https://www.predatorstuff.com/2011/...s-the-sideshow-berserker-predator-bio-helmet/

berserkerbio_800x600.jpg

Enjoy :)

Now to go tidy up my office that looks like a hurricane went through it lol!

I looked at it a little more closely and I realized that there really isn't much paint work on this at all...it is mainly cast with a dark red metallic/black metallic impregnated fiberglass, and then the blast marks and other slight paint apps are on top of it. The good news there is that there will likely be very little inconsistency in the quality, bu if you were expecting a fully painted piece, you might be a bit disappointed.

I don't think the color is infused actually, it's applied to the top as far as I can tell. I have a small rubbed out scrape on the underside of the helmet near the crown lip (likely from it sitting on a work bench or whatever when being painted) and you can see the light primer/resin under the paint.

Dan

Last edited:
Hey guys! My review is up on the Berserker Bio :) Please check it out here:

https://www.predatorstuff.com/2011/...s-the-sideshow-berserker-predator-bio-helmet/

Enjoy :)

Now to go tidy up my office that looks like a hurricane went through it lol!

I don't think the color is infused actually, it's applied to the top as far as I can tell. I have a small rubbed out scrape on the underside of the helmet near the crown lip (likely from it sitting on a work bench or whatever when being painted) and you can see the light primer/resin under the paint.

Dan

Great review fellow Quebecer ! :) ...can't wait to receive mine.

Dan

Hmm...if it is painted it is a very even application...kudos to SS I suppose!

Back