Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys - I thought I'd follow up with FedEx direct.

I spoke to one of the senior managers in their freight dept. regarding shipments from the US. He said:
  • Items only have to go freight if the summed box dimensions exceed 165” OR if the weight exceeds 150lb.
  • If this was shipped by Sideshows regular method, this would be a lot cheaper.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd estimated this was AT MOST 30”x30”x30” (total 90” so below 165" limit) and 50-80lb (so below 150lb weight limit).

I've emailed Sideshow Customer Service (they'll get it Monday) to ask them to provide the exact dimensions and weight of the box, in the hope that someone has miscalculated or made a mistake.

Worth a try.

I'm near Vancouver as well - I have a secondary address set up across the border at TSB shipping, I'm going to try having it sent there instead of my Canadian address.

OK guys - I thought I'd follow up with FedEx direct.

I spoke to one of the senior managers in their freight dept. regarding shipments from the US. He said:
  • Items only have to go freight if the summed box dimensions exceed 165” OR if the weight exceeds 150lb.
  • If this was shipped by Sideshows regular method, this would be a lot cheaper.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd estimated this was AT MOST 30”x30”x30” (total 90” so below 165" limit) and 50-80lb (so below 150lb weight limit).

I've emailed Sideshow Customer Service (they'll get it Monday) to ask them to provide the exact dimensions and weight of the box, in the hope that someone has miscalculated or made a mistake.

Worth a try.

Size%20amp%20weight_zpsjsggwqzz.jpg

I've answered my own question - looked back at one of the pics darkmummy posted (close-up above) - everything is on the side of the shipping box.

• Weight 41.5lb
  • Size 30" x 27" x 31"
So, since these are WAY below the "has to go freight" limits the FedEx manager provided - someone has screwed up somewhere.

$377 to be specific, but I'll be taxed 20% on that, so shipping will cost me $453! That is insane, this hobby is going down hill fast. I'm buying a house with my mrs very soon, simply can't afford to throw that kind of money about willy nilly at the minute. I have little choice but to cancel I think, very disappointed. I flexed mine, hope they will extend the courtesy of a full refund to me also.

that's insane, there has to be a mistake somewhere cause SS usually has great shipping rates.

I got nothing.

Any idea what estimated shipping is to the east coast NY / NJ ?

Given the prices we've had so far, my guess would be about $150-$160 USD for East coast states.

Of course - the prices so far make NO sense - I think Sideshow's shipping software has been hacked by the Russians.

Given the prices we've had so far, my guess would be about $150-$160 USD for East coast states.

Of course - the prices so far make NO sense - I think Sideshow's shipping software has been hacked by the Russians.

Based on the ludacris prices I've seen quoted that was my calculation as well.

But it certaintly can't be correct, if it is im gonna write a letter LOL

Size%20amp%20weight_zpsjsggwqzz.jpg

I've answered my own question - looked back at one of the pics darkmummy posted (close-up above) - everything is on the side of the shipping box.

• Weight 41.5lb
  • Size 30" x 27" x 31"
So, since these are WAY below the "has to go freight" limits the FedEx manager provided - someone has screwed up somewhere.

So sideshow's full of it again?... say it ain't so...

bet they're doubling the price by saying that so the return shipping for broken busts is already accounted for in the original price...

Well, why at once Russians are guilty? I from Russia, and I am not pleased by the prices of shipping this bust! Аnd I very much don't want that political dirt interfered in the cozy world of collectors.

that's insane, there has to be a mistake somewhere cause SS usually has great shipping rates.

They did have, it was the one saving grace that made buying direct from them viable. Unfortunately that chaged early this year, I think the Adam West batman PF was the first with the awful new international shipping rates. Since then it has all been down hill. Their shipping rates were so helpful with rising base prices etc, the P2 maquette was only $40 to the UK. But they are unfortunately a thing of the past it seems...

Our rates are bad, the Poor Aussies are the butt of a bad joke it seems.

Or even a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign!
50f63dc1c180fd875f9650c05c8ca515.jpg

At least C.L.I.T.O.R.O.S are on the case for us. I suggest we send Lister in...

Well, why at once Russians are guilty? I from Russia, and I am not pleased by the prices of shipping this bust! Аnd I very much don't want that political dirt interfered in the cozy world of collectors.

I get that English is maybe not your first language. It wasn't a political statement OR a knock against your country.

Back